Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

New alternator and crank angle sensor.. won't start.

3K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  devilmaycare 
#1 ·
The needle on the "Love or Hate" gauge for my CRD is leaning towards hate again.

New alternator, new crank angle sensor and serpentine belt installed.
Original problem was the alternator, then it would turn over and not fire after a month of not leaving the driveway.

Now I have the same "turn over but won't start" problem
Plenty of fuel, and removing line to filter or to one of the injectors shows fuel flowing.
Code reader reports ....."code P0670 showed up:
Glow plug control, module control, circuit open:"

Now this is not the first time I've had this code, but last time it was the only code showing up when my actuator was on it's way out.

It would appear that the crank angle sensor wasn't the problem, so I wonder where I should look now :(

#2 ·
Perhaps I should point out the time line.
The first time the code reader showed this error code, the symptoms were actuator related and solved.
Then the alternator wasn't charging enough. I took her off the road while I looked for a reasonably priced one (stealership wants $1,660)
All I did was start her up every few days, sometimes moved her into a different spot on the driveway.
Then one day it was all crank and no fire. Everything pointed to the crank angle sensor so it was replaced.

Now all is back together, not an easy task for those with large hands and short fingers.
I will double check the wiring, but it seems that all rub points have already been taped.
I will check all the fuses incase any blew when I connected the jump pack. I needed to do this to open the boot as the battery was in the shed on trickle charge.

It's frustrating, this one day it fires up, the next day it won't, and still won't.

#3 ·
I will check all the fuses incase any blew when I connected the jump pack. I needed to do this to open the boot as the battery was in the shed on trickle charge.
Hopefully your jump pack was just a battery and not a charger? You need to be careful when connecting an external power source with the car battery removed.

When cranking, is your rev counter working? If not, you may still have a crankshaft sensor problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.