Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

So wheres this oil/gunk coming from?

4K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  DGO 
#1 ·
Cracked off my plastic CRD cover, looked at the turbo inlet and its looking rather oily/greasy.

What do you guys think, failing seal?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
the orange seal is an old favourite....oil vapour from the smaller pipe comes from the crankcase breather and is meant to be fed back into the combustion cycle to get rid of it. The large orange seal leaks, dripping oil onto the swirl motor that lives underneath it, causing it to fail and dropping the car into limp mode. Later intake pipes were developed to prevent these drips.....the large seal on those is black. You should get an updated pipe. If your car drops into limp mode ans shows dash lights, there are now cheaper ways than replacing the swirl motor that failed

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/uk-europe-regional-forum/86570-catch-can-instructions-needed.html

CRD Intake / Swirl / Turbo - Chrysler 300C Forum: 300C & SRT8 Forums

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/cr...motor-cheap-replacement-solution-pennies.html

#3 ·
ahhh...that explains why mine failed around 6 months ago. I ended up getting the emulator from custom 300shop, what a fantastic piece of kit! However, Is it worth me changing any of the piping leading into the turbo now? or should I just give it a good clean every few months?

I just bought the alternator catch tray as I spotted where oil has in the past dripped down.

#6 ·
hi just bought a 300c tourer this week end after 4 years searching for the right car its a august 09 with only 11'200 miles.
ordered the alternator shroud fitted it today also ordered the updated turbo intake pipe with the black seal
got that yesterday only to find its the wrong pipe (jeep grand jerekee)
dealer is struggling to locate the right pipe
my question is : do you or anyone on the site know the correct part number for this modified pipe?
many thanks
derek3024

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.