What is the verdict: Bolt Pattern 5x114.3 or 5x115? - Chrysler 300C Forum: 300C & SRT8 Forums
Interested in the Dodge Challenger? Be sure to check out the Dodge Challenger Forum for your Dodge Challenger information!
» Featured Product
» Buyers Guide

Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Chrysler 300C Forum: 300C & SRT8 Forums > Appearance Forums > Customize Your Ride > Custom Wheels & Tires
Register Home Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans

Custom Wheels & Tires Have a question about wheels? Not sure which brand tire to get? Discuss it in here.

300cForums.com is the premier Chrysler 300c Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2005, 01:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
Elite Contributing Member
Points: 93,196, Level: 1 Points: 93,196, Level: 1 Points: 93,196, Level: 1
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%
 
joey's Avatar
 
Car: 2005 300C magnesium
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member Number: 232
Location: fremont ca
Posts: 4,565
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
What is the verdict: Bolt Pattern 5x114.3 or 5x115?

Does the 5x114.3 bolt pattern work on the 300c? I see several websites where you plug in the Chrysler 300C into their fitments lookup, and all the 114.3's show up as fitting the 300c. I have also seen a lot of rim specialty sites post pics of the 300c with their rims, but they only sell 114.3's.
Then there are other websites, where the 114.3 does not show up as a correct fit, such as bigwheels.net. I call Tireworks and other wheel shops, and they say 115's only fit.
It is my understanding the 114.3 is not the right fit and not to buy this size.
Are the folks buying the 114.3 using hub centric rings? Or could they be living with wheel shimmy at certain speeds?
__________________
LX Pics & Vids http://home.comcast.net/~300_C
joey is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-18-2005, 02:16 AM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
Points: 5,490, Level: 1 Points: 5,490, Level: 1 Points: 5,490, Level: 1
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
LB44's Avatar
 
Car: 2005 BLACK 300C SRT8
Join Date: Jun 2005
Member Number: 2560
Location: Arizona
Posts: 285
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
J,
The wheels that I have are 114.3 x 5 and are a 12 offset. They only had these wheels to fit a non srt model, so I got them. We put a 7mm spacer, which is hub-centric, on the fronts so they would clear the large brakes. I don't have any problems with shaking or anything. Hope this helps.
LB
__________________
2005 Black SRT8, 22" Lowenhart LSR's, Pirelli 265/35F-295/30R, H&R Springs, Pioneer/JBL/Focal Sound, Suede Headliner, Leather Console Cover-22Elite, PIAA Fogs, Grillcraft Mesh Grille, Jonstintedtails & Markers, Mopar CAI, Magna Flow Exhaust, High Flow Cats, Ultimate Pedals(powdercoated)
LB44 is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2005, 04:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
Points: 4,389, Level: 1 Points: 4,389, Level: 1 Points: 4,389, Level: 1
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Car: 2oo5 khrysla 3hunned
Join Date: Feb 2005
Member Number: 1572
Location: SoCaL
Posts: 351
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i'm also running 114.3x5 w/ a +18mm offset and i'm not having any problems.
__________________
brilliant black base- the poorman's version of the poorman's bentley.
apbrian112 is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2005, 05:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Elite Contributing Member
Points: 14,131, Level: 1 Points: 14,131, Level: 1 Points: 14,131, Level: 1
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Mr.DJ's Avatar
 
Car: 2005 Chrysler '300 Touring'
Join Date: Feb 2005
Member Number: 1464
Posts: 2,472
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey
Does the 5x114.3 bolt pattern work on the 300c? I see several websites where you plug in the Chrysler 300C into their fitments lookup, and all the 114.3's show up as fitting the 300c. I have also seen a lot of rim specialty sites post pics of the 300c with their rims, but they only sell 114.3's.
Then there are other websites, where the 114.3 does not show up as a correct fit, such as bigwheels.net. I call Tireworks and other wheel shops, and they say 115's only fit.
It is my understanding the 114.3 is not the right fit and not to buy this size.
Are the folks buying the 114.3 using hub centric rings? Or could they be living with wheel shimmy at certain speeds?
Well, here's a thread that I found while 'surfing the web':

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/arc...hp/t-4328.html

This question has been asked many times and has also been answered time and time again by many of us who operate/have operated tire/wheel businesses throughout the years...myself included. The correct bolt pattern for the new generation '300 series' models is 5x115mm and not 5x114.3mm which is the bolt pattern of the '300M' (the previous FWD version). Although many owners are running the 5x114.3mm bolt pattern on their new '300 series' models without a problem, it also appears that many still continue to experience problems as well.

Due to the limited availability of aftermarket wheel manufacturers that offer the correct bolt pattern, many '300 series' owners have resorted to running the incorrect bolt pattern and utilizing 'hub-centric' spacers to make them work. Running a wheel with the incorrect bolt pattern and improper off-set places additional stress upon your vehicle's wheel hub assemblies/wheel bearings, which in turn can lead to disc-brake rotor warpage, improper/uneven brake pad wear, and/or mild to severe 'ride disturbance' problems...including, but not limited to uneven tire wear.

Here's a quote taken from a 300mclubs.org member in response to another member asking if he/she could actually mount a set of '300C' tires/wheels onto his/her '300M':

"...the bolt pattern is slightly different, 114.3mm on the M to 115mm I believe on the new 300. While this ain't much, we have had much debate, especially on what that could mean in the long term. You are putting more strain on the studs and lug nuts as they wont be seating 100% flush with where they are supposed to, and you may also be asking for added vibration on things like the wheel bearings."
__________________
~ Please visit my photo gallery ~

~ Please come visit us over at www.ChallengerTalk.com ~

Mr.DJ is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2005, 09:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
Elite Contributing Member
Points: 93,196, Level: 1 Points: 93,196, Level: 1 Points: 93,196, Level: 1
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%
 
joey's Avatar
 
Car: 2005 300C magnesium
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member Number: 232
Location: fremont ca
Posts: 4,565
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.DJ
Well, here's a thread that I found while 'surfing the web':

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/arc...hp/t-4328.html

This question has been asked many times and has also been answered time and time again by many of us who operate/have operated tire/wheel businesses throughout the years...myself included. The correct bolt pattern for the new generation '300 series' models is 5x115mm and not 5x114.3mm which is the bolt pattern of the '300M' (the previous FWD version). Although many owners are running the 5x114.3mm bolt pattern on their new '300 series' models without a problem, it also appears that many still continue to experience problems as well.

Due to the limited availability of aftermarket wheel manufacturers that offer the correct bolt pattern, many '300 series' owners have resorted to running the incorrect bolt pattern and utilizing 'hub-centric' spacers to make them work. Running a wheel with the incorrect bolt pattern and improper off-set places additional stress upon your vehicle's wheel hub assemblies/wheel bearings, which in turn can lead to disc-brake rotor warpage, improper/uneven brake pad wear, and/or mild to severe 'ride disturbance' problems...including, but not limited to uneven tire wear.

Here's a quote taken from a 300mclubs.org member in response to another member asking if he/she could actually mount a set of '300C' tires/wheels onto his/her '300M':

"...the bolt pattern is slightly different, 114.3mm on the M to 115mm I believe on the new 300. While this ain't much, we have had much debate, especially on what that could mean in the long term. You are putting more strain on the studs and lug nuts as they wont be seating 100% flush with where they are supposed to, and you may also be asking for added vibration on things like the wheel bearings."
After I started this thread I found a lot of discussion on another website with a similar consensus. There appears to be no way to "make" 114.3's fit our wheels correctly/perfectly. Bummer. I am plain tuckered out trying to find rims I like, and with the correct bolt pattern, offset, and weight.
joey is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2005, 09:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
ADMINISTRATOR
Points: 228,385, Level: 1 Points: 228,385, Level: 1 Points: 228,385, Level: 1
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Activity: 23% Activity: 23% Activity: 23%
 
Northern Rider's Avatar
 
Car: 2006 Chrysler 300C SRT-8 "Black Beauty II"
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member Number: 538
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 11,882
Thanks: 116
Thanked 292 Times in 240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey
After I started this thread I found a lot of discussion on another website with a similar consensus. There appears to be no way to "make" 114.3's fit our wheels correctly/perfectly. Bummer. I am plain tuckered out trying to find rims I like, and with the correct bolt pattern, offset, and weight.
Those who put large wheels on with the bolts not lining up perfectly are only asking for trouble.

I am going through the same issue with TSW right now. They only make a few 115 mm wheels right now - dozens of 114.3 mm, though. A reseller - www.bigwheels.net - shows the Montage in a 115 fitment but TSW's site shows only 114.3.

Sticking with 115 really narrows the choice. Going fast on anything but a proper fit is not an option for me.
__________________
- Patrick -............ Latest List of Road Racing Mods ..........
"Driving fast is like sex.... Everyone thinks they're good at it" - Jay Leno

Northern Rider is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2005, 12:03 AM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Contributing Member
Points: 9,073, Level: 1 Points: 9,073, Level: 1 Points: 9,073, Level: 1
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
urbanchemist's Avatar
 
Car: 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member Number: 350
Location: in a far far away land
Posts: 765
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to urbanchemist
i had a set of 20" HELO hawks on my base 300 that were 5x114.3 and car shook very badly when you went over 55 mph. i have them rebalanced and got special lug nuts and still had major problems. if i was to get new wheels i would go with 5x115 just to be on the safe side. imo
__________________
2005 SATIN JADE C(TRADED IN)
2007 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE SRT8


urbanchemist is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2005, 12:09 AM   #8 (permalink)
Elite Contributing Member
Points: 60,840, Level: 1 Points: 60,840, Level: 1 Points: 60,840, Level: 1
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
 
HEMI4ME?'s Avatar
 
Car: 2006 Chrysler 300C SRT8
Join Date: Jul 2005
Member Number: 2741
Location: Dry Heat, AZ
Posts: 2,555
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have 5x114.3. One tire place would not even so much as balance my tires due to the fact they did not want to be held liable for any problems coming from the wrong bolt patter, and even went to the trouble of printing up and copying a letter stating that I would not sue them if something happened to me while driving on them.

On the other hand I have gone to 2 other HIGHLY recomended wheels shope Wheelspecialists and Total Auto Pros in Tempe and Phoenix, they both said no problem we do it all the time without issue...

There is a shake that will not go away, even with the newly installed hubcentric rings from 65-75 mph.

I am getting refunded this week, for the DUB Moab wheels I bought a while ago, and I am hoping to find wheels in the 115x5 but the ones I really want are the Zenetti Heir, they are even pictured in Zenetti's catalog (not online) but the only bolt pattern they make that wheel is 114.3x5. Wonder why that company would go build a wheel and put it on their catalog with an incorrect bolt pattern?
__________________
Silver 300C SRT8 Grey roof and headlights, Pedders Track 2 Suspension, Diablo Predator, Magnaflow Hi Flow Cats, GSM Spacers, Blue B.T. parts, AFE 2 Intake, Grip Grille, SRT pedals, Magnum SRT Wheels, Zapco Amp, Dynaudio Mids/Highs, Image Dynamics subs
HEMI4ME? is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2005, 12:43 AM   #9 (permalink)
Administrator
Points: 100,027, Level: 1 Points: 100,027, Level: 1 Points: 100,027, Level: 1
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
HEMEEE's Avatar
 
Car: '07 Chrysler 300C SRT8
Join Date: Sep 2004
Member Number: 664
Location: SoCal
Posts: 7,124
Thanks: 0
Thanked 34 Times in 4 Posts
By popular request this thread is now sticky
__________________
Linda... * More Pics *
.

'07 300C SRT8- '06 Z51 Vette- '48 Chev 5-window P/U- '55 Chev Nomad
HEMEEE is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2005, 12:47 AM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Member
Points: 13,238, Level: 1 Points: 13,238, Level: 1 Points: 13,238, Level: 1
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
eudaman's Avatar
 
Car:
Join Date: Jun 2005
Member Number: 2465
Location: "The OC"
Posts: 483
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Rider
Those who put large wheels on with the bolts not lining up perfectly are only asking for trouble.

I am going through the same issue with TSW right now. They only make a few 115 mm wheels right now - dozens of 114.3 mm, though. A reseller - www.bigwheels.net - shows the Montage in a 115 fitment but TSW's site shows only 114.3.

Sticking with 115 really narrows the choice. Going fast on anything but a proper fit is not an option for me.
i found quite a few options in 115 x 5 that seemed to be fairly new in that bolt pattern....the tsw carltons i ended up getting are also 115 x 5.
eudaman is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
5x115 , bolt pattern

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chrysler 300C Forum: 300C & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AWD 22x9.5 5x114.3 or 5x115 Bolt Pattern td300c Custom Wheels & Tires 0 05-03-2007 02:58 PM
Bolt Pattern 5x115 BigKent Custom Wheels & Tires 11 04-27-2006 12:20 AM
bolt pattern trendkill Custom Wheels & Tires 5 11-17-2005 09:50 PM
Bolt Pattern ? 300C ON 24'S General Discussion 5 05-10-2005 12:19 PM
5x114.3 or 5x115 that is the question thedon01 General Discussion 6 04-25-2005 01:36 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:27 PM.



Inactive Reminders By Icora Web Design

Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2