Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Shout out for McGuire's Water Spot Remover

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Brian Weckerly 
#1 · (Edited)
I washed the car the other day and asked more of the Mr Clean water filter than it was willing to give and after letting the car dry, water spots! Ever since finding the product, they are unacceptable and drive me nuts (doesn't help having a decent looking car).

So I saw the advertisement somewhere and thought I'd try the McGuire's Water Spot Remover. I opted to apply by hand since given the time of day, I was only going to get to the hood, roof and trunk. It didn't take much in the way rubbing it in to get good results and wiping it off yielded a great shine. Good enough to find yet another run in the hood paint job.

Figuring it is actually an abrasive I threw on a coat of wax before cleaning up. Plan on washing the rest of the car and finishing the rest this weekend.

Still, I think a hair under $6k for it was a good deal.

LIght was really low for the phone, the pics were getting grainy, that's not necessarily the finish :angel:

Water spots on the left, and about 5 inches from left where remover was used.

Advertisement shot ::laugh::

Roof shot

Hood

Trunk

See less See more
#2 ·
I have one of those Mr. Clean filter things. Used it a few times and found it was more trouble than it was worth. If you have a good wax layer on your car, you can simply get most of the water to sheet off by taking off the hose nozzle, and letting the water run gently out of the hose from the top down. What is left can almost be blotted off with a Kleenex. An exaggeration but a good dry towel will hardly feel damp.

Sometimes I will use the shop vac and blow the water off and out of the crooks and crannies. Again, a blotting of the few water droplets that are left hardly gets the towel damp.

Nice shine on your car.

#3 · (Edited)
The amount of beaded water left on the car is huge amount. Since the weather is usually warm when I decide to wash, I find myself fighting to get to the water before it dries. It's a mad towel dash. I'll have to remember the air thing, I have an air compressor that I could use, but I'd put on my moisture traps first. Then yeah, shouldn't be much in the way of water.

the water in this area is terrible for spots. I don't know what's it's like in other places, but I know that one town up and it's even worse. It's hard to see the sides in the pic, but the hood and roof gives you an idea of the water I usually have to towel off

Attachments

#4 ·
I wash my car at my local hand car wash and use the "spot free rinse" setting and hose down my car thoroughly when I'm all done. Drive home and by then 99% of the water is gone, leaving a few water spots.

I use "turtle wax black spray detailer" to clean off the water spots and also buff my entire car.

Leaves my car with an amazing shine and gets rid of the water marks.

Just another option, my .02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.