Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Weak Front Door Hinges - Answer

4K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  MADDOG 
#1 · (Edited)
Weak Front Door Hinges - My Answer Is...

Wasn't sure where this should have been posted so please move if required.

The 2 front doors being so heavy and the fact that they don't really stay open either halfway or fully open anymore. I.E. when parking at a slight angle and you swing the door open just over halfway for the latch to lock it will carry on and close instead of being in the locking position. The same with fully opening the door.

So looking at the 2 door hinges only one has the lock and spring, they both looked the same so ordered a set of the bottom hinges with the lock/spring on and set about swapping the top ones.

One thing to note is that this is a job that will require adjustment of the hinges and also the door when reattached. There is one guiding lug on the bottom hinge and when I replaced them I ended up with 2 but still took a couple of goes to get the door in the correct position regarding door gap and also positioning the door regards the flushness of the door to the car.

This what I ordered

This is the original setup

Unlatch loom wiring block from the car side

Using a small screwdriver unlatch the locking thing

After this I marked where the top hinge was Side and bottom) with a marker so I knew I could put the hinge back in the right place so the door closed as before. I put some support under the car door to support it while removing the bolts. I had er-indoors with me so it was lot easier to remove them.

Door is off

Both hinges for comparison

The bottom hinge seems to be the only one that has a smaller door side mounted hole which the one of the door lugs is guided into, second picture.

Door back on with new top hinge.

it took us about 2 hours to do as not having done this before but now the doors will lock into hallway open and fully open positions and stay there.

See less See more
#3 ·
You can post pics from your HD using "Attachments" at the bottom of the web page.

You can post from an online repository but you have to copy the entire URL for the image.

In that case you would use "Insert Image" icon.

I'm not sure what "One Drive" is. Is it a cloud storage or a website of some sort?

#4 ·
I have looked at the FAQ for the site and tried this....

1. If you have uploaded an image as an attachment, you can click the arrow next to the 'Attachment Icon' and select it from the list. This will be inserted into your post and can be located where you want it displayed.

2. To include an image that is not uploaded as an attachment and is located on another website, you can do so by copying the full URL to the image, (not the page on which the image is located), and either pressing the 'Insert Image' icon or by typing
after it, ensuring that you do not have any spaces before or after the URL of the image. You can insert pictures from your albums (?) in this way too.

1. but when I do this I don't see any arrow next to the attachment as the attached image.

2. So went down the road of trying the attached image button and when adding the link in the post as below just ends up as a X. OneDrive is Cloud storage by Microsoft.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...authkey=!AJ28ev6XuFi1bmg&v=3&ithint=photo,jpg

which in the post looks like ignore the hases as had to put them in instead of so you could see the link.

#
#

Attachments

#6 ·
OK..what I did to get your pic in the post was to:

1. Go to OneDrive and the picture you want to display and post here.

2. Click on "View Original" in the function bar above the picture.

3. When the picture opens, I right clicked on the picture and then clicked on "Copy Image Location"

4. Returned to 3CF website and post

5. Clicked on "Insert Image" and then CTRL-V to paste the image URL into the Insert Image command box

6. Clicked "OK" on the Insert Image popup.

The image appeared in the post.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.