Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

installed new radiator, tstat, water pump, still overheating

14K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  irvin_luney 
#1 ·
Hey guys, new to the site, and new to the 300. I have an 06 300c that I just purchased 3 weeks ago, last weekend i noticed I was loosing coolant at a fast pace, noticed there was a crack on the radiator but most of the leak was from water pump, so I decided to change the pump, tstat and radiator. I thought that would fix my issue, well after the new parts went in, drove the car around. The car still overheats, I drove the car home and turned the heater on, the passenger side vents come on hot, the driver side vents blows at normal temperature. The fans do come on, I'm lost with this, any input is appreciated.

#4 ·
^ x2

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#5 ·
Because you get hot air coming through the vent, means that the T stat is open and working well. With the car stationary if you run the engine at fast idle 2000rpm with the colant bottle cap open, the engine will self burp, i.e. bleed the air.

If you done that properly, then you may have a head gasket problem. You might need to do a head gasket test.

Good luck & all the best :yup:

#6 ·
I doubt it in this application but it is possible for the tstat to stick open and heat working just fine... However your fans would work overtime to keep it cool.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.