Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Waterpump Replacement.

34K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  meuni011 
#1 ·
Well after 122,000 miles I have to do my first major repair under the hood. I went out this past weekend and niticed a little green dribble under my baby, I almost freaked beause she wasn't feeling well. I opened the hood and checked the hoses, cap, overflow and radiator and they all seemed fine so I drove her to the Stealership and after a few checks they told me it was my water pump. I could pay these guys $100 an hour to fix it but I would rather do it myself. It looks pretty simple and that has me worried lol. Anyone got any advice before I start the disassemble?:31:

#3 ·
Change the cam while your at it?! Hehe! Do.you have the service manual for the car, it could help you!

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#10 ·
From the dealer service manual...

Hope this helps. :fing02:

Attachments

Reactions: Baby 12 Bentley
#15 ·
Preventative Water Pump Replacement

Getting a squealing (like belt squeal) coming from water pump or the idler pulley. Only when cold. Already cleaned the pulleys, replaced the Belt and Tensioner. Same noise. So it must be one of the two.

lets assume I replaced the idler pulley and the noise goes away, at what mileage should I replace the water pump (preventative maintenance)?

Already at 136K Miles.

#17 ·
So I just went to my local oreillys to purchase a helicoil and guy gave me the m9x1.25 my dumbass didnt realize it until it was too late and I had boared out the lower hole on the water pump threaded it and put the coil in and found out then that he had given me an m9x1.25 kit. And those bolts are like finding something that doesnt exist. So is there any accountability can I have these guys buy me a new water pump I mean I should of have known but really I couldnt of and had no idea he gave me this told me id be good to go. Went back in there today and were gonna try with a bolt thats SAE now and see how it goes. Oreilly is roughhhh

#18 ·
Yeah...doubt very much that you have any recourse on that. Most people would have test threaded the bolt before drilling or even checked out the packaging. I have VERY little faith in autoparts guys, it's an untrained $8/hr profession, I check everything. It's a crappy lesson to learn, but not really going to be able to hold him that accountable. By all means try for a pump, a sympathetic manager might do it, but I don't think I'd get my hopes up too much on that one! Good luck!

#19 ·
so surprisingly enough with a little grease i got the manager to grant me a brand new water pump. so now begins a whole nother monster. Water pump is pretty straight forward but htere is one black pipe coming out of the front of the water pump on the top that i cannot seem to get out. any help would be appreciated. I have attached a couple photos showing what the pipe looks like but it looks like it pulls the coolant out of the water pump as its spun by the paddle wheel. Looks like it may just need to be pulled out but i wanna no before i go in there and just start pulling stuff out. thanks - nvm files are too big but its the black pipe coming out of the top of the water pump only thing you cant remove without using pliers-thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.