Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

2008 Chrysler 300 won't turn over

30K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  drn1023 
#1 ·
I have 2008 300 LX, today when I got off work I want to crank it and nothing happen. I drove the car last night and everything was fine. But when I got off work and got home I put the key in the ignition and turned it. But it wouldn't turn over, nor would any of the lights on the dash or the radio come on. I tried to jump it off but luck there either. So i disconnected the battery and pull out a the fuse in the truck that black and clear. I left it disconnected for about 2 mins still not change. After that attempt failed, I check the fuses under the hood and none of them were blown. So I hooked up a test light and tested the fuses. All of them lit up but fuses 6,7,8. which are the ignition coils, headlight washer, starter. I was wondering if this is a easy problem to fix or if I'm going to have to take it to the dealership.

#3 ·
Agree with MADDOG, ^^^^^
low voltage can cause all kinds of weird things!

#4 ·
Thanks for all the input. I got it to the dealership yesterday after having to pullout the top part of my center console to get to the parking brake release. The told me the (WIN) module has want out on it and it going to cost me $550 plus tax to get it replaced with one new key. The thing that sucks it the part has been on back order since may 27th and they have no clue when it will be available again. So I call the manufacturers and myself to see if I can speed up getting my part while in the dealership service center. they told me that they will try to find on at the plant or they will make ASAP. Which to me I think is a lie because after searching online I found out that that there have been alot of 300's and Chargers with the same problem this year alone.

#6 ·
OP: If your battery is original it is 5 years old and at the end of it useful life.

Have it checked.

#7 ·
I agree completely... Check that battery first... Had the dealer have had their way I would have had new ABS sensors and a headlight auto on module replaced with my SKREEM unit... Guess what... New battery and 4000 miles later and I guess those parts magically fixed themselves! Hehem.. check the battery...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#9 ·
The Wireless Ignition Node (WIN) is located behind the instrument panel trim to the right of the steering column and controls/contains the following functions:

Ignition Switch
Sentry Key Immobilizer System (SKIS)
Remote Keyless Entry (RKE)
Tire Pressure Monitoring (TPM)
Brake Transmission Shifter Interlock (BTSI).
Steering Column Lock Interface (Intrusion - BUX RHD only)
Remote Start.

Reactions: BobbyTMS and MADDOG
#10 ·
^^^^ Thank You!!! ^^^^

I learn something every day here.

So it could be the module, the SKIS module in the key or a bad main power connection somewhere in the system.

Without the car in front of me, anything else would totally be a guess on my part.

Good luck!

#12 ·
im having the same issues as of yesterday. my 2008 chrysler 300 was in working fashion the entire day. when i got in it to start after leaving the club. it wouldnt start. Embarrassing!!! I went to put the key in the ignition and nothing happened. i thought it was the battery at first but realized my head lights, dome lights were working. the dash lights and radio were off. i had to manually unlock the park brakes to get my car tolled. sounds more like an ignitions switch problem.

#13 ·
Did you guys ever solve the issue. I might be having the same issue. My key fob unlocks the doors but doesn't lock them. When I put the key in the ignition switch and turn to the on position, nothing happens. but only the radio turns on and some lights on the dash. But after 4 seconds in the "on" position, all the lights and radio turn off like it lost complete power. Then I try to put the key back in the ignition switch, no lights, no radio at all. like the battery is dead. then i hit the unlock button on the key fob then insert the key again then I get lights and radio back, but still wont start. then shuts off everything completely again after 4-5 seconds. I'm lost on this.

#14 ·
Fast Forward 6 years I was having the same problem. New battery, No codes coming up, All electrical working , but no crank. But It started with the remote. Cool. Drove it into work and figured I'd sto by my mechanic after work. After work, it started with the remote, but as I was getting in, I accidentally touched to brake pedal...Car stalled , then it would crank, but not turn over. I had read that if the problem is in the relays, swapping out the horn relay for the starter one might work if that was the problem. Using the remote, it started, but no throttle response. It's in a "limp" mode. Home is only 2 miles on backroads, and the mechanic is clear across town, so I limped it home... Still no codes pulled on the OBC... I just had the AC Compressor replaced last WEEK, and the tranny last year... I love the car, but I don't think it is reciprocated... 2006 300 touring 3.5L 158K on the car about 85K on the engine,(replaced 3 yrs ago)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.