Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

06 300C 5.7L stalling

4K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  Dellony 
#1 ·
My 06 300c 5.7L is throwing a P2112 my car stalls. Sometimes under hard accel the car stops but doesnt turn off after I take my foot off the pedal and reapply gas it takes off from where left off. Low speeds car stalls also. I thought it was the Platinum plugs I put in changed it back to copper, I do remember one time I took the TB off (battery still connected) to clean it. I sprayed with carb/tb cleaner and moved the plate around for more access. Please let me know what you think you guys !!!

#3 ·
Havent seen anything there that tipped out my problem really. Is my TB starting to fail ? When the car does stall completely (in park or under a light) the lightning bolt flashes a few times, so does the engine light. But restart the car it runs fine until it decides to stall again. Is it time for a new TB ???

#4 ·
P2112 CHRYSLER - Electronic Throttle Control Unable To Open

Possible causes

- Throttle Body Plate Binding
- Faulty Throttle Actuator
- Throttle Actuator harness is open or shorted
- Throttle Actuator circuit poor electrical connection

Throttle valve locked during Powertrain Control Module (PCM) order to open

P2112 Chrysler Description
The throttle actuator is operated by the Powertrain Control Module and it opens and closes the throttle valve using gears. The opening angle of the throttle valve is detected by the throttle position sensor, which is mounted on the throttle body. The throttle position sensor provides feedback to the PCM to control the throttle actuator and set the throttle valve angle in response to driver inputs.

Check to make sure there are no obstructions at the throttle plate and that the plate moves freely. Check any harness connections to the throttle body and insure they are clean and connected. Also check for any harness abrasions or torn insulation on the TB circuit.

#5 ·
Thanks, i did all that earlier. Cleaned the TB again made sure wiring and all connections were ok, disconnected the battery this time ( first time didnt do it while removing to clean) connected the battery and now code im getting is P0700 code ? Any thoughts ? Going to have the TCM read. Did notice weird shifting lately, and car seems to stay on 3rd gear sometimes. Car still stalls

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.