Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Car wont start when turning the key in the ignition switch

8K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  magnuman 
#1 ·
I have a 2005 300c that since this weekend started up fine. So when I insert the key in the ignition and turn
to the on position all system seem good( radio on, dash light on) but gas gauge needle stays on empty( has 1/4 tank). Then
after five seconds everything powers off. When I insert the key back in to turn to the "On" position, nothing happens.
No lights, no radio, blank dash. Then when I hit the unlock button, and try it again then the lights and radio works again then shuts
off again. Then when attempting to start the car noting happens. I've checked all fuses, pulled some, battery fully charged and disconnected the negative terminal. I removed the ignition switch to see if I had a broken Ignition Actuator Pin. Check out fine, no broken pin. What else could be preventing the car from starting?

#6 ·
Despite the battery bring fully charged, is it in good condition?

#9 ·
Despite the battery being fully charged and only a year old, have it load tested to confirm that it is in good condition.

#11 ·
My key fob unlocks the doors but doesn't lock them. When I put the key in the ignition switch and turn to the on position, nothing happens. but only the radio turns on and some lights on the dash. But after 4 seconds in the "on" position, all the lights and radio turn off like it lost complete power. Then I try to put the key back in the ignition switch, no lights, no radio at all. like the battery is dead. then i hit the unlock button on the key fob then insert the key again then I get lights and radio back, but still wont start. then shuts off everything completely again after 4-5 seconds. I'm lost on this.

#13 ·