Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Issues with Oracle halos

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  HPNO300 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,

Installed the Oracle lighting halos in my SRT about a year ago and this is what they look like now.

The inner two simply dont work anymore, and the outer two are getting patchy.

Yes, i installed them the right way. All the wiring is done correctly, all seals around the headlights are good. (the mark visible on the headlight isnt condensation, they've been there since i bought the car)

So on to my question, has anyone else had these issues with their set of halos? Not too happy with how they turned out. Second pic is for reference, right after install.

(yes i know the hoods open)

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
What's the voltage feeding the halos when the car is running? Is it 12 and change? Or 14 and change?
I don't know specifically surrounding the LEDs, but the CCFLs had issues with getting to full bright if powered with "only" 12 volts. Since wiring it to a feed from the alternator (or one that's not being restricted to 12 volts) I haven't had one issue.

Also, I was given a considerate heads up by a member that when wiring it, make sure my splices were well sealed and solid. I may have over did it, but problem free. Again I don't know if the LEds react the same.

Good luck. That would drive me insane!

#3 ·
Welcome to the love/hate halo club. It's just what happens over time. It's all a matter of luck. Trust me on that. I have owned way too many halo sets and have tried all kinds and sometimes they last me for over a year and sometimes they go out within the first few months.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.