Cylinder misfire accompanied by Service AWD with TC and BAS light coming on - Chrysler 300C Forum: 300C & SRT8 Forums
General Discussion on Issues / Trouble Shooting General Discussion on Issues / Trouble Shooting problems and solutions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 08:55 AM Thread Starter
Points: 40, Level: 1 Points: 40, Level: 1 Points: 40, Level: 1
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Car:
Cylinder misfire accompanied by Service AWD with TC and BAS light coming on

Hi guys, I just purchased a 2009 Chrysler 300c AWD with 84k on it about three months ago. The check engine light for the car came on and I did the little key jingle and found that it had a P0305, a cylinder five misfire. After the code thats when it developed a misfire. The next day I was driving it than the service AWD light came on followed by the TC and BAS lights to go on. When this happened the car just went to shit. The engine cojld rev up but only five percent would go to the wheels, and I was stuck at 60 mph. I pulled over and restarted the car and the AWD stuff went away and it drove normally (or as normally as it could with a check engine light). This incident happened a couple of times over the next week, but curiously only in places that required headlights to be on during the daytime.
I changed the spark plugs and coil packs around to see if there would be a misfire in any of the other cylinders but the problems stayed with five (the spark plugs are brand new).
During one of the AWD service moments the car pulled up a new code, a u0101, the TCM miscommunication. I took the vehicle to a chrysler dealership and got the transmission serviced. I got the car back in two weeks and they said that there was a problem with one of the lifters and they fixed it. Total bill was $2200, half covered by the extended warranty.
The car drove so smooth and the power of the engine came back. until a couple days later (today). That shit came back. It was raining in the morning and I go on to start my car, turn on the headlights, and five seconds later the goddamn CHECK ENGINE LIGHT CAME ON!!! There was absolutely no rough idle whatsoever as opposed to how it was previously, the car just doesnt have as much power as it had in the past few days. Five minutes later of driving the service AWD light comes on right with the TC and BAS lights. I have to pullover. turn the car on and off and the AWD stuff goes away.
Does anyone know what the hell is happening? The car has the right oil (its been changed three times in the past two months) and I have been using 89 octane fuel, except recently I used 87 on accident (there was already half a tank of 89 left but I filled the rest with 87, whoops). Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 05:34 PM
Super Moderator
Points: 84,023, Level: 1 Points: 84,023, Level: 1 Points: 84,023, Level: 1
Activity: 78% Activity: 78% Activity: 78%

Car: 2006 Chrysler SRT8
Thanked 2,131 Times in 1,929 Posts
Garage
It sounds as if they got the fix in OK but this may be a different code. Get them read, post up the info and we can take it from there.

Michael
2006 300C SRT8
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 06:31 PM Thread Starter
Points: 40, Level: 1 Points: 40, Level: 1 Points: 40, Level: 1
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Car:
The only code that is pulled up is the same p0305 code.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement