Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Hard Downshift 4-3. 2007 300C AWD

2K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  Dinger48 
#1 ·
Hello all and good day. I recently purchased a 2007 300C AWD around 4 months ago. 70k miles. It drove awesome up until I decided to have a bunch of regular maintenance done. Coolant flush, serp belt, plugs, tranny filter. On my way home I noticed it was downshifting hard. Called dealer and they said they would charge me to do a quick learn. I opted to just drive it. 2500 miles later still doing it. Sounds like it's coming from right rear.

Took into a different dealer in my town and they tore it all apart to find a nut had backed off the output flange of my transmission. $800 later I got the car back. Shifted nice for about 2 miles and sound is back. Took it back to them and charged me to look at it again. Couldn't find anything else wrong. Next thing they wanted is $4k for a new transfer case. I can shift in autostick and get it to eliminate problem but it's still there. Up shifts are fine. It's just on the initial downshift from 4-3 usually around 20mph while braking. Who has any ideas ???

#2 ·
I answered in one of your posts... This multiple post thing is too hard to follow bud... Pick a section and go with it...90% of us use the new posts section to get caught up, we don't look through each section individually so just one post will show up on the list and it's much less confusing to see one than 4...

Mods can we merge?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Yeah sorry. I thought I had it in the right section then realize I couldn't delete it. The other post that I posted in was in hopes that the people who commented originally on that would see it since most of the time I can't search very well on my phone. Fluid was topped off but still no progress. Thanks

#4 ·
All good...

Check the connection on your TCM, it's located under the kick panel under the steering wheel knee bolster. Its on the left side standing vertically and has 2 plugs going into it.

Also take a look under the car at the passenger side of the transmission, you should see a big round plug, how does it look? Make sure it's not dirty or oily anywhere around it...

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

#6 ·
Well just an update. I decided to have my filter replaced as well as having a flush of the system. This fixed the problem. No clunk st all for about 2 weeks then it slowly crept back. I was advised at this point it may be a sticky valve in the valve body. $750 later I had that replaced and it still has the dreaded clunk. How would a new filter and flush band aid this issue for 2 weeks? And now they have no idea??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.