Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

seat, pedals, steering wheel move on exit...how to setup?

21K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  RJB 
#1 ·
OK, so I just picked up my 300c (05). When i test drove it, upon turning the car to accessory, the seat, steering wheel and pedals all moved into their memorized positions. When you shut the car off, it all moved away and made it golden for getting out.

Since then they did a number of updates and fixed a few things that i suspect reset some computers. I managed to get my settings set memory wise, but can't figure out the auto-away or whatever it's called. I've read the manual (about 30 times) and it couldn't possibly be more confusing for this point.:pat:

From my understanding, I just hold the "S" for the memory settings and then move the seat backwards....then let go of them both, but this didn't work when I tried it. Am I missing something, or do you have to move the seat all the way back while holding the buttons??

Any help would be appreciated!!

#3 ·
OK, so I just picked up my 300c (05). When i test drove it, upon turning the car to accessory, the seat, steering wheel and pedals all moved into their memorized positions. When you shut the car off, it all moved away and made it golden for getting out.

Since then they did a number of updates and fixed a few things that i suspect reset some computers. I managed to get my settings set memory wise, but can't figure out the auto-away or whatever it's called. I've read the manual (about 30 times) and it couldn't possibly be more confusing for this point.:pat:

From my understanding, I just hold the "S" for the memory settings and then move the seat backwards....then let go of them both, but this didn't work when I tried it. Am I missing something, or do you have to move the seat all the way back while holding the buttons??

Any help would be appreciated!!
Does your car have the EVIC? If so you can turn this feature on and off through the personal setting menu.

From the owners manual.....
"On vehicles equipped with an EVIC (Electronic
Vehicle Information Center — Optional), these functions
can be selected at the EVIC using the Personal Settings
(Customer Programmable Features). Refer to Electronic
Vehicle Information Center — Personal Settings for de-tails."

"Personal Settings (Customer Programmable
Features)
This allows the driver to set and recall features when the
transmission is in PARK.
Press and release the MENU button until Personal Set-tings
is displayed in the EVIC.
Use the SCROLL buttons to display one of the following
choices:" Goto Automatically Move Seat Back on Exit

"Automatically Move Seat Back on Exit (Available
with Memory Seat Only)
When ON is selected, the driver’s seat moves rearward 5
cm (2 inches) or to the farthest rearward position if this
distance is less than 5 cm (2 inches) when the key is
removed from the ignition switch so that the driver can
more easily exit the vehicle. The seat will return to the
memorized seat location (if Recall Memory with Remote
Key Unlock is set to ON) when the remote keyless entry
transmitter is used to unlock the door. Press and release
the FUNCTION SELECT button when in this display
until "ON" or "OFF" appears to make your selection."

#5 ·
But remember if you're tall, like I am (6'4") and your normal driving position places the seat within 2 in. of the farthest back position... the seat will not move on exit. All the other stuff will move, but not the seat. That's the way it's programmed apparently.

#6 ·
Tim,

I'm 6'2 and a fatty, and my seat moves a good 4" on easy exit if not more. The correct driving position places you so that your wrists can rest on the top of the steering wheel and have a natural bend in your elbows. You shouldn't be reaching for the wheel and the wrists must touch the top of the wheel.

This is the correct performance driving position! :)

#12 ·
Not a problem for me reaching the wheel (long arms). I also don't have the seat fully back, but my normal position is within the last 2 inches. And I did fairly well in the road course module of the SRT Experience, keeping up with the Pro driver in front of me, so I think my performance driving position must have been all right. LOL

#7 ·
also you can program the memory seat to your key, so that the car will automaticly re

Programming the Remote Keyless Transmitter for
the Memory Feature
Your Remote Keyless Entry Transmitters can be pro-
grammed to return the driver’s seat, side mirror, adjust-
able pedal, power tilt and telescopic steering column (if
equipped) settings, and radio station presets to the saved
position when the UNLOCK button is pressed and
released.

To program your transmitters, perform the following:
1. Remove key from ignition with all four doors closed.
2. Select desired memory profile 1 or 2.
3. Press and release the Set (S) button on the memory
seat switch, then press and release button 1 or 2.
Memory Profile Set” (1or 2) will be displayed in the
instrument cluster on vehicles equipped with the Elec-
tronic Vehicle Information Center.
4. Press and release the Lock button on the transmitter
within 10 seconds.

NOTE: Your transmitters may be unlinked to your
memory settings by pressing the Unlock button on the
transmitter in step 4 above. These functions can be
selected at the EVIC using the Personal Settings (Cus-
tomer Programmable Features). Refer to Electronic Ve-
hicle Information Center — “Personal Settings” for de-
tails. When newly purchased (or replacement)
transmitters are programmed into the vehicle, the first
transmitter trained will be associated with memory set-
ting 1, and the second transmitter trained will be associ-
ated with memory setting 2. Additional transmitters will
not be associated with a memory setting.

Driver’s Seat Glide To Exit Feature
This feature provides ease of entry and exit for the driver
by moving the driver’s seat approximately 2–1/8 inches
(55mm) rearward on exit and the same distance forward
after entry, provided that the seat is not in the full
rearward position.
After entry, the seat will return to its previously set
position after one of the following occurs:
• The ignition switch is turned on
• The seatbelt is fastened (the seat moves when the seat
belt buckle is buckled.)

#9 ·
also you can program the memory seat to your key, so that the car will automaticly re

Programming the Remote Keyless Transmitter for
the Memory Feature
Your Remote Keyless Entry Transmitters can be pro-
grammed to return the driver’s seat, side mirror, adjust-
able pedal, power tilt and telescopic steering column (if
equipped) settings, and radio station presets to the saved
position when the UNLOCK button is pressed and
released.
Yeah, that's a really cool feature. I'm the only one who drives my car so I don't get to use it.....but it is cool.

#13 ·
OK, so i've set memory setting 1 for myself. I'm about 6'2 and normally have my seat pretty far back in vehicles, but in the 300c, i'm a ways from the back I think. I checked the evic and it's definitely set to on (i tried setting it to off and then back to on, just to make sure). But still when exiting...nothing happens.

I've gone so far as to set memory setting 2 with everything kinda back and outta the way.

Apart from the evic....is there anything else i should know about turning it off and on? The manual said hold the s and move the horional seat adjustment back to shut it off. I tried that thinkin it might turn it on as well, but no luck.

#14 ·
Ok... it is possible that despite the settings in EVIC and the seat memory system that the move back on exit fail to work. There is a reactivation scheme. Stand outside the car and move the seat all the way forward holding the slider switch for a few seconds after full forward. Repeat by sliding all the way back and hold, then all the way forward again and hold.

Then press your memory seat profile button (on the door). Get in and close the door, start the car and go around the block (or wherever). Stop the car, shut off the engine and open the door. The seat should move back, unless your setting is within 2 in. of fully back.

If it does not, and your setting is further than 2 in from fully back, then take the car to the dealer and ask them to check out the seat back on exit function.

#21 ·
Ok folks! I have tried all of the above solutions to reset my drivers seat for the easy glide. Nothing is working, steering wheel doe's it things, I don't have the auto pedal option.

Do I shoot the damn thing or am I now being forced to proceed to the Dealership?

I'm usually tech savey but this one has me twisted.

Thanks,
Jerry H

#22 ·
While at primary flight school in 1968 the engine in my 1966 charger gave up the ghost while on a weekend pass. The engine failed just outside of Lubbock, Tx. I went to the local Dodge dealership for a quick repair only to learn that my 66 was terminal, would require 2 weeks to secure a new 440 engine. I treasured my weekend pass SOOO I purchase off the show room floor a new 1968 Dodge Charger R/T. Silver W/ a black vinyl top and blue interior. Engine 426 Hemi. I loved driving this car, could actually watch the gas gage move when the pedal was to the medal. Yea, and gas was 28 cents for premium.
Anyway, just a good memory from long ago.
My 1st wife decided she didn't like the car while I was in Vietnam she let the car go back to Chrysler finance. I arrived home about two weeks after this happened, tried hard to get it back only to find out it had been "Totaled" in an accident? I think someone paid a very good price for this repo. Anyway, I got screwed both ways.
Just a short story from the past. I wish I still had this car.
testpilot61

#23 ·
Auto back when exiting car

I have my EIC set for my seat to go backwards when I exit but it does not work for my 2007 300C. Do I have a program problem or am I just stupid or do not know how to re program it? It worked then all of a sudden stopped. It ust happen with my Auto dimming headlight feature as well.

Any advice?

#24 ·
IDK, but does the controls for adjusting the seat still work? The easy exit feature didn't work when I got mine either and I read where someone suggested using the controls to move the seat all the way forward then all the way back, then to the middle. After doing that, it worked again.

The manual states that if the seat is positioned too far back (too close to max rearward) it won't even try.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

#25 ·
300c auto seat reverse

I found that if you are not in the car move the seat as far forward as possible. Once you reach that point move it all the way to the rear. Then press seat memory 1. From that point everything worked again. It has not been working for over a year. Thanks::smile::

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.