Heater issues - Chrysler 300C Forum: 300C & SRT8 Forums
Interested in the Dodge Challenger? Be sure to check out the Dodge Challenger Forum for your Dodge Challenger information!
» Featured Product
» Buyers Guide

Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Chrysler 300C Forum: 300C & SRT8 Forums > Troubleshooting Forums > General Discussion on Issues / Trouble Shooting
Register Home Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans

General Discussion on Issues / Trouble Shooting General Discussion on Issues / Trouble Shooting problems and solutions

300cForums.com is the premier Chrysler 300c Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2011, 05:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Points: 144, Level: 1 Points: 144, Level: 1 Points: 144, Level: 1
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Car: 2007 Chrysler 300T
Member Number: 34464
Question Heater issues

I have a 2007 chrysler 300 and the heater does not work. I took it to a shop and had a ac performance test and was told the heater core needed to be replaced. I had the heater core replace and the heater still doesnt work. Right after the heater core was replaced the vent on drivers side would blow heat but only with increased speed 70-90mph, any speed under that no heat blows. All other vents still dont blow hot air at all even with increased speed,just that one.
Please help winter will be here soon and no ome seems to know the answer.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2011, 08:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Points: 5,552, Level: 1 Points: 5,552, Level: 1 Points: 5,552, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Car: 2005/2007 Chrysler/Mercedes 300c 5.7L Hemi/E500 4matic
Member Number: 28667
oh boy i have an 05C and with the recent cold break in the north east, ive been using my heat and have noticed its not kicking on til im moving, im going to pay more attention next time and see if its because of the engine temp still being low which is normal, No car blows hot til its warm since heat is based on heat generated from the cooling system. is your problem speed dependent? or rpm dependent? my AC doesnt blow iced cold out of the passenger vents during the summer and this is something called the blend doors which could be your issue if its a particular vent doing this and not all of them.
ICE - Pioneer 3200 BT, Focal Polyglass 6.5 components, Boston 3 way 6x9, JL audio 212W0 slot ported bass wedge, powered off a Boston Gta-1005 5ch 720 watts. xenonheadlights.net interior LED kit white color.8k Hid conversion in both head and foglights.
Track-13.7@etown with pred, no intake or exhaust work on winter tires. sub is removed on track days.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-20-2011, 11:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Points: 144, Level: 1 Points: 144, Level: 1 Points: 144, Level: 1
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Car: 2007 Chrysler 300T
Member Number: 34464
I dont believe the problem is speed or rpm dependent as I just noticed the speed factor today. The heater hasn't worked for at least last two months,I bought the car in July and never checked it be jade it was hot. When it started getting cooler I realized it didnt work at all but today after heater core was replaced and I was driving a 2hr drive I tried turning it on and the one vent temperature increased with speed. When heater is turned on now all vents blow hot/warm for approx 30seconds then goes back to cooler air. Im lost?. After heater core was replaced I didnt see a difference until I was driving and just randomly turned it on. The car had plenty time to heat up after heater core was replaced buy the temperature of air never got warm. First started feeling warmth on that 2hr drive but it went back to cool after seconds. Im not sure what's going on.! And it's not just a problem with one side getting hotter its just thay one vent that got warmer when speed increased. I will check MPH and rpm tomorro with the heat and see what happens but im assuming the heat wont work at all because once the car was home (still running) turned heater on and it was warm then got cool after seconds. The shop said replace heater core only but that didnt work?. Thanks! .
Old 11-21-2011, 11:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Points: 1,624, Level: 1 Points: 1,624, Level: 1 Points: 1,624, Level: 1
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Car: 2006 chrysler 300c
Member Number: 31891
I have an 06c and the heater went funky on me in the summer. It would blow extremely hot air on the drivers side and cold air on the passenger side at the same time.
I took it to the dealer and they flashed the hvac system now both sides are consistent.
Old 12-21-2011, 06:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
Points: 360, Level: 1 Points: 360, Level: 1 Points: 360, Level: 1
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Car: 2006 Chrysler 300C
Member Number: 27100
hey, i dont know if you have this figured out yet but i would check the coolant level. i replaced my radiator a couple weeks ago and it was a pain to get all the air out of the system. im thinking you may have air trapped in the system, or your thermostat is stuck open
Old 01-05-2012, 10:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
Points: 15,829, Level: 1 Points: 15,829, Level: 1 Points: 15,829, Level: 1

Car: 2005 Chrysler 300C
Member Number: 19431
I experience a similar thing with an 05 5.7L whereby until the car is 100% warmed like right in the middle, i won't get warm air blowing consistently. Until then if i come to a stop the warm air that was blowing will turn cold. Generally once I get the RPMs up (i usually hit it a bit harder off the line) that gets the warm air flowing again.

I've had it both to the chrysler dealership and to my own personal mechanic. Chrysler dealership was kinda useless and said they found a leak somewhere and replaced a hose which would allegedly fix it. I never saw dripping coolant from my car, but i suppose maybe it was dripping somewhere. Didn't make a diff though. My mechanic has been through just about everything short of resetting the ecu to defaults (i think thats what he said) and even tried researching it himself without being able to find anything. He thought maybe thats just teh nature of these engines?

i'd be curious if someone ever finds an official fix.
Old 01-15-2012, 05:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
Points: 31, Level: 1 Points: 31, Level: 1 Points: 31, Level: 1
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Car: 2009 Chrysler 300C
Member Number: 36480
Hi my name is Amy. I have a 2009 Chrysler 300 Touring. I had a tree fall across the front in 5/2010...only owing the car for about a year & a half. The body people I know did some shotty work but to add to my maddness that december of 2010 I also noticed my heat was not coming on when you first start the car...even if you let ut run for 30minutes..still no warm air coming into the car. Since I got my car back from the tree accident I wouldn't notice my heater not working...but ever since it hasn't worked right since. I have spent the past year and half trying to get them to fix it right. They tried to tell me my car was old and I needed a new heater core at the cost of $1400...which I didn't do. One of my hoses runs hot and the other is cold to the core box.
My air conditioner seems to run ok but it doesn't blow strong like it used to..before my accident. I was also told they think one of the hoses maybe clogged. My car doesn't leak antifreeze like it would if the heater core was bad and my thermostat is still good. I don't know what to look for to fix this problem. I feel like I'm getting the run around. Help*
Old 01-15-2012, 08:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
Points: 15,829, Level: 1 Points: 15,829, Level: 1 Points: 15,829, Level: 1

Car: 2005 Chrysler 300C
Member Number: 19431
I was just thinkin about this thread....wondering if I'd subscribed to it or not. Temp's just dropped down to -20C to -35C (i don't like it), so heat has once again become something I like. I spent a while driving around town today and watched my car warm all the way up to 90-93C where it hovered depending on whether I was moving or not. This is just below the middle line on the gauge. When moving (and only after a little bit) I can get warm air. If I come to a stop, while the engine temperature won't change, I'll lose cold air. On my way home after watching a movie, I pulled into a mc-donalds drive-thru (it's yummy) and for the first time all day...after trying a few different settings, I was getting hot air blowing despite being stopped. By settings I just mean, feet, face, defrost, etc. None of them seemed to matter, the car just decided to finally blow warm air when standing still.

I've got no idea what the deal is, and my mechanic hasn't been able to find out. The last idea he had was resetting the ECU to factory defaults. Said he can bring in a guy to do it for about $100ish. I haven't tried it yet, but I just bought and intake/intune and will need to get my TCM updated to be able to mess with transmission settings (i believe). I'm goign to inquire to see if this person can do both or not.

Correction: according to my posts when I was buying the car, the dealership updated the PCM and most likely the TCM (I didn't know what i was talkin about at the time), so that idea is likely out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement