Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Seat belt alarm!

11K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  Moparlife 
#1 ·
How do I disable the seatbelt alert/alarm on my 2012?

-Keith

#5 ·
on th first gens there's a seat belt buckling and unbuckling sequence that you can do to disable the chime. not sure about the second gen ones tho...don't mind the douchebag...he made that his second post, so he's obviously got nothing to contribute

#7 · (Edited)
Pull the bulb and/or ground the sensor.

#9 · (Edited)
I haven't tried this, so I can't confirm if it will work, but give this a shot.

(Do not step on the brake when pushing the start button in any steps below).
In step 1 below, try tapping the start button once to put the car in ACC mode.
At step 2, tap the button again to put the car in RUN (ON) mode.
Do step 3 as outlined.
In step 4, press the button again to turn the car OFF.

Enhanced Seatbelt Reminder Programming

The seatbelt indicator also includes a programmable enhanced seatbelt reminder or “beltminder” feature that is enabled when the vehicle is shipped from the factory. This beltminder feature provides extended and modified visual seatbelt indicator and audible chime warning responses to an unbuckled driver side front seat belt. The beltminder
feature may be disabled or enabled by the customer using the programming sequence that follows, or by the dealer using a diagnostic scan tool. The following sequence of events must occur within sixty (60) seconds of the ignition switch being placed in the On position in order for the programming to be completed successfully.
1. With the ignition switch in any position except On or Start, buckle the driver side front seat belt.
2. Turn the ignition switch to the On position and wait for the seatbelt indicator reminder function to conclude (about six seconds).
3. Unbuckle and buckle the driver side front seat belt three or more times, ending with the belt buckled.
4. Turn the ignition switch to any position except On or Start to toggle the beltminder feature from its current setting (from active to inactive, or from inactive to active). A single chime tone will provide an audible confirmation that the programming sequence has been successfully completed.
----------------------

#13 ·
I haven't tried this, so I can't confirm if it will work, but give this a shot.

(Do not step on the brake when pushing the start button in any steps below).
In step 1 below, try tapping the start button once to put the car in ACC mode.
At step 2, tap the button again to put the car in RUN (ON) mode.
Do step 3 as outlined.
In step 4, press the button again to turn the car OFF.

Enhanced Seatbelt Reminder Programming

The seatbelt indicator also includes a programmable enhanced seatbelt reminder or “beltminder” feature that is enabled when the vehicle is shipped from the factory. This beltminder feature provides extended and modified visual seatbelt indicator and audible chime warning responses to an unbuckled driver side front seat belt. The beltminder
feature may be disabled or enabled by the customer using the programming sequence that follows, or by the dealer using a diagnostic scan tool. The following sequence of events must occur within sixty (60) seconds of the ignition switch being placed in the On position in order for the programming to be completed successfully.
1. With the ignition switch in any position except On or Start, buckle the driver side front seat belt.
2. Turn the ignition switch to the On position and wait for the seatbelt indicator reminder function to conclude (about six seconds).
3. Unbuckle and buckle the driver side front seat belt three or more times, ending with the belt buckled.
4. Turn the ignition switch to any position except On or Start to toggle the beltminder feature from its current setting (from active to inactive, or from inactive to active). A single chime tone will provide an audible confirmation that the programming sequence has been successfully completed.
----------------------

Can anyone confirm if this works on the 2012 model year?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.