Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

what did you do to your 300 today?

1M views 8K replies 516 participants last post by  magnuman 
#1 ·
I seen this on other forums. You can post pics or a simple reply on things you did to your chrysler 300 today. Lets get the ball rolling and start one on here. lets keep posting in here and etc when you do things to your 300, anything.
:drillserg

#7,214 · (Edited)
Took the car off-road today! Well, about as far off road as I'd like.

Today I got sent to Fortuna, CA for work today which is 215 miles up highway 101 (for about five minutes of work). I jokingly told the boss that I'd have a hard time carrying my tool belt and drills on my motorcycle, but he said if I wanted, take my car. Way better than the over-loaded, under-powered work van.

Anyone who know the area knows there is some beautiful scenery so of coarse, I miss it all. On the way back I was able to get the brakes heated a bit stopping in a little shaded area. A quick PB&J and a pic and back on the road.

Attachments

#7,216 ·
180,000 miles, the pink thingy broke and the brakes need attention - again. It took 3 tries to get the correct master cylinder. Late '06s take master cylinder # 5189175AA like the '07s where the pressure switch is not on the bottom of the master cylinder and the brake lines are the larger 13mm (1/2"). Hopefully the rest of the brake work goes better.

#7,219 ·
I was detailing it yesterday and noticed this small spot of corrosion on the underside of the trunklid. It has me bummed out because the car is pretty darn immaculate. Usually in this case with the location of it, I would just sand it down, put some rust neutralizer on it, then a bit of primer and touch up paint. However with the trunklid being aluminum, I don't have the slightest clue how one would go about repairing it. Anyone else have this issue or run into this with their 300's yet?

Attachments

#7,225 ·
Hey vorhee,

Wow your car is beautiful... really looks nice. Those are my favorite wheels too on a non-S model.

I noticed you removed the winged emblem on the deck lid, does it just come off with a heat gun cleanly, or did you have to get any holes filled and/or paintwork done? Any input on how you actually removed it would be great. I have '15 S and would like to remove front/rear winged emblems, apply a '300s' offset on front grille (like your emblem), and clean deck lid except for the '300s' badge.

Thanks, Mark~

#7,231 ·
Thanks, Mark I have a 2015 SRT they don't have the wings emblem on them any more. I think it should be pritty easy to remove as I think they are stuck with M 3 tape or similar. Front of the 2015 SRT had a bigger grille now without the wing emblom. Great Car. Mind you the 2015 S would have the same grille so I think the wing emblem in the middel of the grille should also be easy to remove.

The S is also a very cool car we don't get the 5.7 V8 here in Australia.

Cheers Dave.

#7,226 ·
Yesterday I went and got plugs since I don't know when they were last done. When I lifted the hood, things had gotten a bit dusty and grimy, so I opted to give a quick wash down first. Unfortunately, I just had the car washed day before, so I had to be a bit careful where I aimed the water.

Before:

After:

Not a huge difference, but very noticeable in person. And it's the same work as it is when it's REALLY dirty.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

#7,233 ·
Hey, TY for the info. I did not know that the SRT comes w/o the wing. I am familiar with this removal method, but had heard about positioning pins and holes. Maybe it only applies to Gen1 cars. At any rate, worst case is I have to stick it back on after removal.

Thanks again, mark~

Reactions: Yellow Toy
#7,244 ·
Changed my spark plugs yesterday, just another thing that I wanted to do so I know that not only it's done, but when. Definitely not a difficult job, as it would be a real PITA is the plugs were in the conventional spots!

Everything went well, though the car doesn't run better, in fact I'd say it runs worse and sounds funny. Even at idle. IDK. I got the torque specs for the plugs off the service manual (I was surprised no crush washer on the plugs) but when I got to where I was going to do the job, I forgot about the coil packs. Never had a car with them. There was no signal there so I couldn't pull up and search the manual as it resides on dropbox.

So I took an educated guess on the torque numbers for the packs. They seem pretty important that they stay in place, so I went with a good safe number of about 30-32 foot pounds. They must have some sort of locking mechanism once seated because, I'd tighten the bolts and before hitting the torques numbers, they would loosen and no longer tighten. I grabbed them with my hand and pulled and they didn't come up, so I figure it's all good.

On another note, I was a bit surprised to see such a range of plug coloration between the cylinders. The front ones were clean (not new or way hot clean), tan to gray on the middle ones and dark on the rears.

Is that normal? Guess unlike the bike, I can't tune each cylinder individually.

#7,251 ·
Washed... Clay bar... Two coats of wax... Machine buff and a bit of interior love... Up the street for a tank of gas, lost half my rear tires leaving the gas station like an 18 year old after having a group of guys shoot the breeze about the giant intercooler hiding behind the grill. Now she's back under cover and tucked away for another week.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jim777
#7,260 ·
Oh it was on the near deserted street and completely dumb... However in my defense I hadn't intended on it, the car grabbed boost at 20mph and did a weird chirp, looked like I missed a gear on a manual...lol. To save face I punched it at 30 and the rest is history. As I said, 18 year old me left some tires behind for no good reason... Adult me put her under her cover! Lol. Weak moment I will no doubt be preaching to my daughter to avoid in a few years... ?

#7,263 ·
Oh it was on the near deserted street and completely dumb... However in my defense I hadn't intended on it, the car grabbed boost at 20mph and did a weird chirp, looked like I missed a gear on a manual...lol. To save face I punched it at 30 and the rest is history. As I said, 18 year old me left some tires behind for no good reason... Adult me put her under her cover! Lol. Weak moment I will no doubt be preaching to my daughter to avoid in a few years... ?

I did something similar on the motorway......got in lane 3 and floored it intending a fast overtake. Instead I maintained the exact same speed, but wow the cloud of smoke as the wheels span! I must have looked a complete dork. Luckily I got no fishtailing.

#7,252 ·

#7,253 ·

Reactions: Piggy. and JLsrt8
#7,255 ·

#7,256 ·
Tails are aftermarket from something depo... Lol... Can't remember who for sure but they look good in person. I actually was just thinking about switching them for something different... Can never make up my mind what I want.