Gen1 vs Gen2 - Chrysler 300C Forum: 300C & SRT8 Forums
Interested in the Dodge Challenger? Be sure to check out the Dodge Challenger Forum for your Dodge Challenger information!
» Featured Product
» Buyers Guide

Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Chrysler 300C Forum: 300C & SRT8 Forums > Chrysler 300 & All LX Models Forums > General Discussion
Register Home Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans

General Discussion General Discussion topics about the Chrysler 300 and other LX models that don't fit within the specific listed categories below.

300cForums.com is the premier Chrysler 300c Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2013, 03:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
Points: 6,566, Level: 1 Points: 6,566, Level: 1 Points: 6,566, Level: 1
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Car: 2007 chrysler 300c
Member Number: 12893
Gen1 vs Gen2

The question no one is asking. First I know it is a matter of taste but what is everyones options of the progression of the 300c style over the years.
First you have the 2005 - 2007 in my opinion the best looking years they have made
Second they changed to the 2008 - 2010 body style. Seems they where trying to make the base model look like the "C", look at the tail lights. Hate the cup holder, hate the rear tail light on the trunk, love the hot cold cup option.
Third 2011 - 2012 it is smaller. So it does not have the ride like the original which rides like a beast. (those that remember the old Imperials, or the Lincoln Town Cars)
The new ones have that ECO feel.

An my real pet peeve is you can not tell the difference in the trim levels. On the orig the "C" and SRT had the 3 chevrons on the tail light which shouted I am driving a Hemi. Ok like those that de-badge the base 300 you can claim it is anything you want. Maybe it is being an elitist but I liked having it known I am driving the high end of the line. Why would I pay 40+k for a car that looks exactly like the 30k model. Just my opinion, it is like putting SRT badge on the base model. Or even worst when they had the SRT design model. Which is nothing like an SRT except the badges.
And that is my rant for the day
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2013, 04:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium Member
Points: 72,773, Level: 1 Points: 72,773, Level: 1 Points: 72,773, Level: 1
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Car: 2006 Chrysler 5.7 Hemi STARTECH EDITION PRINS VSI LPG & KEIHIN INJECTORS (AIRLIFT PERFORMANCE) AUTOPILOT V2
Member Number: 32952
Would like to see a 2nd gen in SRT8 form to the UK. It hasn't happened yet which is a shame as the overall look is great. The tail lights need to come slightly darkened though, that's my only thought.

Airlift Performance Autopilot V2___________________________________________Air_Management_ System

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-25-2013, 04:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Contributing Member
Points: 3,017, Level: 1 Points: 3,017, Level: 1 Points: 3,017, Level: 1
Activity: 39% Activity: 39% Activity: 39%

Car: 2006 Chrysler 300C
Member Number: 23718
Good rant. Personally, I debadge as much as possible just to clean up the lines. I don't think the designers think about badges when they do the body line. They must get pissed when the marketing guys stick stuff all over the place. As far as the comparison goes, if I could get my hands on a 2010 STR8 with the 2012 interior I would be really pleased. But, that aint gonna happen.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Points: 10,971, Level: 1 Points: 10,971, Level: 1 Points: 10,971, Level: 1

Car: 2008 Chrysler 300C AWD
Member Number: 17145
The difference between '05-'07 and '08-'10 on the outside is minor. Side moldings, tail lamp treatment, the integrated trunk spoiler with the relocated CHMSL, and the "earth shattering" decision to move the 300 Hemi badge back a few inches from the rear of the quarter panel to the front of the door. Some hate the fish hook antenna on the roof of the '08. I don't even notice it. The inside is a little nicer. The '08 and up cars have a slightly redone center console, LEDs in all the map pockets, side mirror turn signals with an integrated bright white LED that baths the entire side of the car and the ground when the car is unlocked or a door is opened. A Toyota-like cruise control lever on the right replacing the ill-spotted Mercedes one on the left of the column. Nicer gauges, rear seat heaters, an MDS indicator in the EVIC , adaptive cruise control and a few other options. At first seeing the spy photos of the Gen 2, I thought Chrysler blew it. But they definitely improved the car in every way while keeping it instantly recognizable as a 300. I've driven both the Gen.2 Charger (V6) and the Gen2 300C with the Hemi. In my opinion they're the same cars as the Gen 1 but with much nicer interiors. No big surprise being that they use the same platform. The new ones are naturally a little quieter. With all of the griping about the plasticy interiors of the 1st. gen car it must be kept in perspective. Most all reviews of the '05 300C raved about it's retro yet classy looking interior. Time marches on and car interiors must keep up and get better. That doesn't mean my '08 is now a Yugo. It being AWD, it came with every option except rear seat video and headlight washers. But it remains a great comfortable highway cruiser(especially at night from inside) with every comfort and convenience option available. I think Chrysler made a mistake with the S models. That's my opinion, I could be wrong!

Last edited by Agroal; 01-25-2013 at 04:35 PM.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Points: 52,919, Level: 1 Points: 52,919, Level: 1 Points: 52,919, Level: 1
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Car: 2006 Chrysler SRT8
Member Number: 11602
Thanked 1,756 Times in 1,585 Posts
But, once that pedal is depressed, there's no problem telling which one is the SRT and which one ain't regardless of the badge ho'ing...
Old 01-25-2013, 07:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium Member
Points: 73,524, Level: 1 Points: 73,524, Level: 1 Points: 73,524, Level: 1
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Car: 2006 Chrysler 300c
Member Number: 18438
Re: Gen1 vs Gen2

^ Mines no SRT but I betcha would have a hard time telling based on pedal depression! lol... in fact I have shocked a few SRT owners trying to prove the difference... but in a stock to stock world... I'm cheating! Still miss those SRT seats though!

I drove the new C and honestly I can say that to me it felt similar yet better in every way (except power but it was a 5.7 and obviously stock) if that makes any sense... I need to drive the SRT but honestly I am nervous as I love my car and just don't want to make myself hate it! Lol... I seriously have high expectations of the SRT but from what I hear they are going to be met. I'm sure if and when an 8spd supercharged 6.2 exists it will grace my garage... however I am just not sure I will ever part with my old girl right now... she may be dated... may not have fancy led's etc... but she makes me smile still and to me represents everything that was and is great about the Gen 1.
Sent from my MOTWX435KT using AutoGuide.Com Free App
FRI'd Sidewinder, Novi 1200 S/C @ 5.5psi, Custom TR1235 A2A Intercooler, Ported SRT Headers & Gutted Mid's, EGR, MDS & 02 Delete, Custom Catback w/Blastin Bobs SRT Pipes 4" tips, 170 Tstat, Big Bully Catchcan, 3.06 diff, 2800 stall, MTCM, Tranzformer, SRT Rad, SRT P/S Cooler, 5/15% Tint, SRT 20's, SRT Spoiler & Bumpers, Custom Stainless Grill, SE Coilovers.

AMP'd, FRI'd and Blown... 422rwhp/463rwtq @ 5.5psi conservative street tune!
Old 01-25-2013, 10:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
Major Contributing Member
Points: 13,708, Level: 1 Points: 13,708, Level: 1 Points: 13,708, Level: 1
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Car: 2007 Chrysler 300C SRT8
Member Number: 31765
I love my Gen 1 and plan on keeping it for a long time.
The Following User Says Thank You to PTCSRT8 For This Useful Post:
Dereiter (01-27-2013)
Old 01-25-2013, 10:42 PM   #8 (permalink)
Elite Contributing Member
Points: 26,823, Level: 1 Points: 26,823, Level: 1 Points: 26,823, Level: 1

Car: 2005 Chrysler 300C
Member Number: 22985
Send a message via AIM to onesickhotrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver06hemic View Post
^ Mines no SRT but I betcha would have a hard time telling based on pedal depression! lol... in fact I have shocked a few SRT owners trying to prove the difference... but in a stock to stock world... I'm cheating! Still miss those SRT seats though!

I drove the new C and honestly I can say that to me it felt similar yet better in every way (except power but it was a 5.7 and obviously stock) if that makes any sense... I need to drive the SRT but honestly I am nervous as I love my car and just don't want to make myself hate it! Lol... I seriously have high expectations of the SRT but from what I hear they are going to be met. I'm sure if and when an 8spd supercharged 6.2 exists it will grace my garage... however I am just not sure I will ever part with my old girl right now... she may be dated... may not have fancy led's etc... but she makes me smile still and to me represents everything that was and is great about the Gen 1.
Sent from my MOTWX435KT using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Couldn't have said it better myself! I agree 100%!!!

Rochester, NY

See my garage for upgrades
Old 01-26-2013, 12:08 AM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium Member
Points: 36,136, Level: 1 Points: 36,136, Level: 1 Points: 36,136, Level: 1
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%

Car: 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT8
Member Number: 24540
I'll third or fourth that... I didn't buy my car for a fancy interior or led this or that.... to be quite honest with you my interior is compleatly stock with all i have done to the motor and exterior ,i bet you would be surprised.
Now i don't hate the new 300 but i don't want it either I doesn't make me look over my shoulderr when i walk away or look into store windows when i drive by. and yes i test drove a new srt and yes it rides nice and it had all the gadgets.. but i'd never use half those gadgets anyway, In my car i like simple.. and people say my interior is plasticy.. i don't mind,never really took notice .
There are people who keep searching for there "car".. well i found my car ,just as the guy down the road has a cherry 56 chevy nomad ,that's his car. We can debate this till the cows come home ..but if it ain't your car then ,i won't try to convince you other wise ,nor will you convince me that i should upgrade. Just my.02c

SRT A Factory Hotrod
Old 01-26-2013, 12:18 AM   #10 (permalink)
Major Contributing Member
Points: 17,617, Level: 1 Points: 17,617, Level: 1 Points: 17,617, Level: 1
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%

Car: 2007 chrysler 300SRT
Member Number: 37530
Re: Gen1 vs Gen2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodak View Post
I'll third or fourth that... I didn't buy my car for a fancy interior or led this or that.... to be quite honest with you my interior is compleatly stock with all i have done to the motor and exterior ,i bet you would be surprised.
Now i don't hate the new 300 but i don't want it either I doesn't make me look over my shoulderr when i walk away or look into store windows when i drive by. and yes i test drove a new srt and yes it rides nice and it had all the gadgets.. but i'd never use half those gadgets anyway, In my car i like simple.. and people say my interior is plasticy.. i don't mind,never really took notice .
There are people who keep searching for there "car".. well i found my car ,just as the guy down the road has a cherry 56 chevy nomad ,that's his car. We can debate this till the cows come home ..but if it ain't your car then ,i won't try to convince you other wise ,nor will you convince me that i should upgrade. Just my.02c
I second this guy.... is MY car!!!! And ill Never let her go......my interior it's stock and love it...it's true the new srt had too many gadgets that i would never use..lol...in my cars interior less it's better....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement