Your spring projects! - Page 2 - Chrysler 300C Forum: 300C & SRT8 Forums
Interested in the Dodge Challenger? Be sure to check out the Dodge Challenger Forum for your Dodge Challenger information!
» Featured Product
» Buyers Guide

» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Chrysler 300C Forum: 300C & SRT8 Forums > Chrysler 300 & All LX Models Forums > General Discussion
Register Home Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans

General Discussion General Discussion topics about the Chrysler 300 and other LX models that don't fit within the specific listed categories below.

300cForums.com is the premier Chrysler 300c Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2013, 02:13 PM   #11 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium Member
Points: 91,776, Level: 1 Points: 91,776, Level: 1 Points: 91,776, Level: 1
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Activity: 56% Activity: 56% Activity: 56%
Super Flash Mario Bros. Champion, Yeti 8: Jungle Swing Champion

Car: 2006 Chrysler 300C
Member Number: 22401
Quote:
Originally Posted by onesickhotrod View Post
Sounds great! I have finished the grill I bought from you. All paint matched and I am having custom emblems and door sills made from the guy you reffered me to. I also am having custom puddle lights made as well. New rear spoiler came in today. I just pulled the triger on a new coolant reservior and clear side markers today. New Mopar center caps.

Now I'm going to finally get a catch can and I have a custom paint job inline as soon as the weather breaks. Install the madeyelids. Put on my summer tires. Just bought the cords for my tuner to record data logs and adjust for KR. Reprogrammed my tranzformer. A few other things are rattling my brain but not sure yet. Guess I will see after I read what everyone else is doing.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Quite a list. So let's see the grill! I have some more emblems coming too. You have a paint project in mind for the tank?
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgx View Post
With UK fuel prices to rise even further, my next major project is an lpg gas system. I've not done one but there are many kits available as DIY options, so will be a first here for me

Other bits hopefully to come are some new fresh OEM Chrysler floor mats
Yeah, I wanna know about this LPG thing too. Spill the beans. And why OEM mats? You can get some nice customized ones for about the same price.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2013, 02:29 PM   #12 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisch View Post
Also probably going to buy some IPCW tails.
^^^^ EDIT: Scratch the "probably". Only made it one day. IPCW's are on the way.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-10-2013, 02:37 PM   #13 (permalink)
Points: 74,626, Level: 1 Points: 74,626, Level: 1 Points: 74,626, Level: 1
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Car: 2005 chrysler 300C
Member Number: 40737
flashtech halo rings color changing, rims, and maybe a spoiler.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:40 PM   #14 (permalink)
Elite Contributing Member
Points: 25,745, Level: 1 Points: 25,745, Level: 1 Points: 25,745, Level: 1
Activity: 18% Activity: 18% Activity: 18%

Car: 2005 Chrysler 300C
Member Number: 22985
Send a message via AIM to onesickhotrod
Re: Your spring projects!

Here is the grill Kyle. Sitting next to quite a few more projects. Just waiting for the warm weather!
Not sure about the coolant reservior quite yet but I just got some more paint ordered up. Its time to decide if I go with blue or a red for engine bay colors.
Attached Thumbnails
Your spring projects!-uploadfromtaptalk1360528722062.jpg  

Rochester, NY

See my garage for upgrades

Last edited by onesickhotrod; 02-10-2013 at 02:43 PM.
Old 02-10-2013, 04:04 PM   #15 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium Member
Points: 69,458, Level: 1 Points: 69,458, Level: 1 Points: 69,458, Level: 1
Activity: 70% Activity: 70% Activity: 70%

Car: 2006 Chrysler 5.7 Hemi STARTECH EDITION PRINS VSI LPG & KEIHIN INJECTORS
Member Number: 32952
Quote:
Sounds great so far guys! Lots of cool things

Badgx- Tell me more about what this lpg gas system does.

DGatzby1- Excited that more members are going with the Tranzformer

Montreal300- I started led lighting and never finished. I shall do that today!

Syrinx- we got 16" of snow here in Rochester. I cant believe you guys got hit so hard there.I too need to replace my headliner. Any online stores?

Lunchbox660- Any other mods in mind?
LPG stands for Liquefied petroleum gas. An LPG Conversion works in exactly the same way as a normal petrol engine, just with a different fuel. Everything about the car remains the same but a separate fuelling system is added with its own tank, piping, ECU and injectors.

Converted vehicles become “dual-fuel” - they can change between running on petrol or gas at the flick of a switch, even whilst driving. As LPG is a much cleaner fuel, there is less wear and tear on the engine and its life will be prolonged. LPG is also 100% lead-free, produces fewer emissions (which is why it attracts a lower duty rate) and causes less oil-contamination. Combustion is cleaner & engine will be quieter and smoother.

The main benefit is the running cost with LPG about half the price of regular unleaded fuel. At the moment average cost of 95RON (91AKI) per litre of fuel costs £1.32 and LPG gas only £0.71 per litre. Its expected in the new budget, the chancellor will no doubt increase the duty on fuel

Here a Audi V8 with a prins LPG system

Onboard Unipar SL700 & Redlflex F/B Laser Jammer @ 904nm light wavelenght & Road Angle Professional
Old 02-10-2013, 04:25 PM   #16 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium Member
Points: 69,458, Level: 1 Points: 69,458, Level: 1 Points: 69,458, Level: 1
Activity: 70% Activity: 70% Activity: 70%

Car: 2006 Chrysler 5.7 Hemi STARTECH EDITION PRINS VSI LPG & KEIHIN INJECTORS
Member Number: 32952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisch View Post
Quite a list. So let's see the grill! I have some more emblems coming too. You have a paint project in mind for the tank?

Yeah, I wanna know about this LPG thing too. Spill the beans. And why OEM mats? You can get some nice customized ones for about the same price.
The last one didn't last, so thought I try the factory oem ones that come with the Chrysler emblem. The carpet is slightly deeper pile
Old 02-10-2013, 08:19 PM   #17 (permalink)
Points: 7,222, Level: 1 Points: 7,222, Level: 1 Points: 7,222, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Car: 2006 Chrysler 300 SRT8
Member Number: 41194
Your spring projects!

Quote:

Lunchbox660- Any other mods in mind?
I'm thinking maybe a stereo upgrade, but I have yet to find the answer if I will lose VES functionality. I also would like to lower it and do some plasti dip

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 02-12-2013, 12:54 AM   #18 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Here is the grill Kyle. Sitting next to quite a few more projects. Just waiting for the warm weather!
Not sure about the coolant reservior quite yet but I just got some more paint ordered up. Its time to decide if I go with blue or a red for engine bay colors.
Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks great man. Can't believe that's the same grill. Now you got me thinking of what could have been. Nice work - can't wait to see the finished product. And good luck on the color choice - I was back and forth on that... but when I went blue, I certainly went blue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunchbox660 View Post
I'm thinking maybe a stereo upgrade, but I have yet to find the answer if I will lose VES functionality. I also would like to lower it and do some plasti dip

Oh, how I know that feeling. I'm still in a battle with my VES. You can find some of the VES info somewhere in here >> My audio/video build progress thread...

But basically it's still a project in the works for me. Feel free to PM me and I can bring you up to speed on where I'm at with the whole VES thing.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:16 PM   #19 (permalink)
Senior Contributing Member
Points: 2,907, Level: 1 Points: 2,907, Level: 1 Points: 2,907, Level: 1
Activity: 33% Activity: 33% Activity: 33%

Member Number: 23718
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunchbox660 View Post

The VES will still work with an aftermarket HU but no sound to the new HU. Headphones will be required instead. I did see a mod somewhere to tap into the video and audio in the VES and wire it to an afterarket HU This was not a simple plug and play mod.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:39 PM   #20 (permalink)
Elite Contributing Member
Points: 25,745, Level: 1 Points: 25,745, Level: 1 Points: 25,745, Level: 1
Activity: 18% Activity: 18% Activity: 18%

Car: 2005 Chrysler 300C
Member Number: 22985
Send a message via AIM to onesickhotrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgx View Post
LPG stands for Liquefied petroleum gas. An LPG Conversion works in exactly the same way as a normal petrol engine, just with a different fuel. Everything about the car remains the same but a separate fuelling system is added with its own tank, piping, ECU and injectors.

Converted vehicles become “dual-fuel” - they can change between running on petrol or gas at the flick of a switch, even whilst driving. As LPG is a much cleaner fuel, there is less wear and tear on the engine and its life will be prolonged. LPG is also 100% lead-free, produces fewer emissions (which is why it attracts a lower duty rate) and causes less oil-contamination. Combustion is cleaner & engine will be quieter and smoother.

The main benefit is the running cost with LPG about half the price of regular unleaded fuel. At the moment average cost of 95RON (91AKI) per litre of fuel costs £1.32 and LPG gas only £0.71 per litre. Its expected in the new budget, the chancellor will no doubt increase the duty on fuel

Here a Audi V8 with a prins LPG system

Audi A6 4.2 Prins LPG Bj,1999 - YouTube
WOW interesting! Does this hurt power at all? Looks like it does nothing but good!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement