Is there a latch for the fold-down rear seats? - Chrysler 300C Forum: 300C & SRT8 Forums
Interested in the Dodge Challenger? Be sure to check out the Dodge Challenger Forum for your Dodge Challenger information!
» Featured Product
» Buyers Guide

Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Chrysler 300C Forum: 300C & SRT8 Forums > Chrysler 300 & All LX Models Forums > General Discussion
Register Home Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans

General Discussion General Discussion topics about the Chrysler 300 and other LX models that don't fit within the specific listed categories below.

300cForums.com is the premier Chrysler 300c Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2005, 09:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium Member
Points: 64,248, Level: 1 Points: 64,248, Level: 1 Points: 64,248, Level: 1
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Car: '07 MSRT8 Bright Silver; '06 H.E. 300C Inferno Red MSRT: AHamr, Grp1, UCon, PrkSnr, 402flaps, Stealth HIDs, 22elite arm/cons, pin stripes, Predator H.E.: ProtGrpII, RearVES, Sunroof, UCon, Sirius, 402flaps/cowl, 22elite arm/VEScov, Stealth HID fogs
Member Number: 3755
Is there a latch for the fold-down rear seats?

I tried a search on "rear seat latch" but didn't get anything specific to those key words. The rear seats on our "C" don't appear to be latched. You simply pull on then and they come forward. It give me concern in an emergency stop, or worse a frontal accident situation at speed, when I may have rear passengers AND something heavy in the trunk.

Is there something that latches the seats in place when the car starts moving, or is this a problem waiting to happen? Sorry if it's been answered before and I wasn't able to find it.

Thanks.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2005, 10:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium Member
Points: 22,589, Level: 1 Points: 22,589, Level: 1 Points: 22,589, Level: 1
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

Car: 2014 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan (Former 300C SRT8 Owner)
Member Number: 1065
Without going out to the garage I believe there are two fabric pull/release straps at the top outside corners of the rear seats. (60/40 split) You REALLY have to push them back hard for them to lock into place, but they do lock. I'm not 100% sure but I can check for you in the morning if no one else has chimed in.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-15-2005, 11:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Points: 4,583, Level: 1 Points: 4,583, Level: 1 Points: 4,583, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Car: 2006 magnesium pearl 300c
Member Number: 3641
Yup, there are straps that control the latch

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHappy
Without going out to the garage I believe there are two fabric pull/release straps at the top outside corners of the rear seats. (60/40 split) You REALLY have to push them back hard for them to lock into place, but they do lock. I'm not 100% sure but I can check for you in the morning if no one else has chimed in.
He's right. No wonder he's so happy.

there are straps near the top outside corner of the seat. Pull the strap and it releases the latch.

Hint If you want to re-attach them and are having a problem pull the latch strap a little as you press the seat into place.. if your fingers are sensitive enough you an feel when the latch catches and let go of the strap.
Old 12-15-2005, 11:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Points: 2,115, Level: 1 Points: 2,115, Level: 1 Points: 2,115, Level: 1

Car: 05 C Cool Vanilla 300
Member Number: 1289
If you pull the seat down, you will see the latch attached to the back-seat-bolster.

Additions: Chrome HEMI C rear license plate; Lowered and painted front license plate; DNX 4inch exhaust tips; edash wood trim installed; 29% tint rear - 43% front windows; SRT8 style spoiler with chrome accent.
Old 12-16-2005, 01:48 AM   #5 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Points: 29,969, Level: 1 Points: 29,969, Level: 1 Points: 29,969, Level: 1

Car: 2006 Chrysler 300C
Member Number: 3447
Yep, they're there like said before, and you really have to put the seats back firmly for the latches to engage. I initially thought the same as you until I tried slamming the seat back and it latched.

MODS: 22elite Console cover, Formula One 35%, Blastin Bob's 5db resonator delete, KW V2's, Hotchkis sways, 3-Piece Intro 311 22's, Stoptech slotted rotors(Zeckhausen), Fenders rolled, TZ wingless grille, SS Braided brake lines, ATE super blue DOT 4 fluid, SPC camber kit, Headlight Armor 50% tint, Jonstintedtails.
Old 12-16-2005, 09:33 AM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium Member

Car: '07 MSRT8 Bright Silver; '06 H.E. 300C Inferno Red MSRT: AHamr, Grp1, UCon, PrkSnr, 402flaps, Stealth HIDs, 22elite arm/cons, pin stripes, Predator H.E.: ProtGrpII, RearVES, Sunroof, UCon, Sirius, 402flaps/cowl, 22elite arm/VEScov, Stealth HID fogs
THANKS very much! I knew about the pulls, but couldn't figure out why the seats weren't latching. I thought I had thrown them back hard enough that they should catch... but it just wasn't enough. Finally got them latched this morning. Feel much better now. Perhaps it is something that will be easier with time, wear and use... but we'll see. Even though we bought the car a year old, I doubt the original owner ever used the feature. On the other had, we've already used it twice bringing larger items home.. flooring for a basement bedroom, and now a Christmas present to ourselves... a some assembly required (actually all assembly required) TV stand and shelving unit for the bedroom.
Old 12-16-2005, 03:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
Points: 4,583, Level: 1 Points: 4,583, Level: 1 Points: 4,583, Level: 1

Car: 2006 magnesium pearl 300c
Member Number: 3641
Quote:
Originally Posted by CUEBALL
Yep, they're there like said before, and you really have to put the seats back firmly for the latches to engage. I initially thought the same as you until I tried slamming the seat back and it latched.
Slamming works but I don't like to slam things.

Try this:

Press the seats closed while lightly pulling on the latch strap. You'll feel (and hear) the latch close if you're not pulling on the strap too hard. Make sure you don't have any fabric in the way of the opening before you close it up.
Old 12-16-2005, 04:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenhog
Slamming works but I don't like to slam things.
I agree with you. I put the back in position and then more or less hit it with a stiff arm. When it finally caught I could hear the latch go into place. So now I know what to do, and what it sounds like, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement