Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

IT'S BACK!!!.....months later...it lives

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Kaiser Bill 
#1 ·
Well...some of you my have seen my post back in April about being hit by a drunk driver in my '10 SRT8.

I wanted the car to be totaled, but the insurance company said the car was worth to much so they would not total it.
I made it VERY clear I would not except the car back unless it was in the condition it was prior to the wreck...which was pretty much perfect. I hear you out there...it's a 5-6 year old car and is not perfect. Well there was not one paint chip, door ding, scratch, etc. The inside has never been smoked in, eaten in, been down a dirt road, etc. So yeah, it was as close to being in show room cond. as can be. Oh, and it only has 36K miles on it.

So...after $22,000.00 in repair bills and TWO different shops...I picked it up today after a top to bottom inspection. And even though it is still in my mind that it has been wrecked...it looks as it did prior to the wreck as far as I can tell right now. I will be going over it further as the days go by to make sure.

Here is where we started and what we have now:

See less See more
#2 ·
Damn you would think an insurance company would total something hit that bad. Looks like it came from and back. You do need to go over with a fine tooth comb. Cant let them pull a fast one on ya. I don't care how small it is. If it ain't right then it ain't. But she sure dose look puurrddyyy.

#3 ·
Who did the work bud? Gotta say, from here, it looks pretty great!

#4 ·
Thanks gents. It started at the local Chrysler dealership. They did not do a good job, and ended up do more damage to the car. My insurance company stepped in and it went to a very small local shop that does very high end cars. When I dropped it off, there was a late model Audi, BMW, and Porsche there that they were repairing.

So far, it looks good. I have been driving rental cars since the wreck, so it was a real treat to have some real HP on tap on the way home.

With the high cost of the repair, I figure I will have to drive this thing till the wheels fall off, because with $22k in repairs and carfax...I doubt anyone would give me a good price on trade in or out right selling it. Even with the low miles it has.

It is what it is.

#7 ·
Thanks folks. Just glad it turned out good after the 2nd shop made everything right. One the first shop was "done", I was VERY unhappy and refused to sign off on it with the insurance company. The adjuster was actually very sympathetic and agreed the work was not done correctly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.