Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Maximum tire height on AWD ?

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  CustomCab 
#1 ·
Hi all- I've been on here nearly a year and already putting up my second post! Impressive right?
Anyway, something I'm trying to find out for future reference is what's the largest tire I can get by with on my 1st generation (2009) AWD? From what little I've seen, probably a 255/55-18. I'd like to fill that wheel well gap as much as is feasible.
I realize I don't have the wheel choices that the RWD guys have, so I MIGHT stick with my stock 18" wheels even though I'm not nuts about them. If it didn't have brand new tires on it when I got it maybe I'd switch.
I really like the 5 spoke OEM wheels on the SRT's and the chrome clad ones on my daughters Challenger R/T, but as far as I know the offset on those would be wrong for an AWD and of course they are all 20's. Thanx for any constructive input, especially from any other AWD owners that have similar issues.
Later, Phil

#2 ·
Yeah, the AWD front wheel offset limits your choices as far as swapping to a non-AWD car wheel.

If memory serves, your stock wheels are 18's, right? There are some 20" wheels with the AWD offset that were used on the 2nd gen 300's but finding them may be a long process.

As for an 18" tire, a 255/55 is probably the tallest you can fit in there with 18" wheels.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.