Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Riddle me this... Brake Callipers

1K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Kaiser Bill 
#1 ·
Greetings and tanks for all the info that this forum provides

I just got a 2006 300C, 97,000 miles in great shape. Front brakes needed to be replaced and I ordered a set of slotted rotor and ceramic pads.

What I received was rotors that are about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch smaller then whats on the car and Pads that are meant for a single piston setup.

The supplier is telling me that these parts will fit on any2005 - 2010 300 ALL TRIM PACKAGES... I know thats just not true, my question is....

Was there ever a 300C that used single piston brakes up front?

#2 · (Edited)
V6 cars were single piston. Show him pics from rockauto.com . Get proper p/n from dealer and then use that p/n as cross reference.

Reactions: MADDOG
#5 ·
Tell him there is a difference between a Chrysler 300 and a 300c... Maybe that's his error. He's shipped you 300 V6 brakes...

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

#6 ·
My guess is they sent you rear pads and discs.
Most rear discs are 320mm and single piston calipers with some exceptions.
I believe the alternate rear discs are 350mm, and fitted to AWD models and possibly SRT models.
I also believe front discs are 345mm and two piston caliper.

#8 · (Edited)
had the same issue here. I have an SRT8, & I was shipped discs and pads that were wrong. Turns out that one firm here listed sizes for the 5.7, and everyone else couldn't be bothered to check the facts & listed the single size to fit all models. There was lots of arguments when I tried to send them back - the supplier said they checked 5 databases & that I was an idiot! (I don't deny being an idiot, but I was correct in this case). I had to send photos of my old disc next to the new one AND a photo of the trunk badge to prove I knew what sort of car I own!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.