Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

2005 vs. 2007 300C

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  silver06hemic 
#1 ·
Is there any reason to stay away from a 2005 300C with 66,000 miles?

I'm also looking at a 2007 with 71,000. I prefer the color and extras the 2005 has (navigation, upgraded sound system). I'm wondering if there was anything improved on from a reliability standpoint from 2005 to 2007. I'm also trying to find out if avoiding the first model year is something I really should be doing with this car.

#2 ·
Both cars will need the front suspension overhauled at around 60K miles. The first year car has more Technical Service Bulletins issued and a dealer can run the VIN for you to get the service history.

Other than that, I would expect the cars to be pretty much the same except for a few styling cues.

#3 ·
The 2005 would also have a 'rats nest' (as we have affectionately nicknamed it) for an ignition system utilizing plug wires on coils.... The 2007 will have coils with a pigtail wire, much cleaner install with less to replace down the road on tune ups etc.

If you plan on running a tuner then some 05 cars require a TCM update to accept Diablo tunes, 06 and later did not suffer the same fate.

Some 05's (early builds) had a tcm that would not auto upshift at red line, some love this, others don't... Just a preference thing.

Other than that and what Maddog let you know about, all the same.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.