Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

The Dreaded P0700 Error Code!

30K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  Gazza487 
#1 ·
:eeksurprise:I have the dreaded P0700 Transmission error code. Have not checked for leaks at the moment, i do not want to go to a chrysler dealership as they will rip me off.

Could it be the transmission speed sensors output and input which i'll buy both if needed. The car drives ok a little sluggish and it reverses ok with no problem.
I will be checking trans fluid in the morning but is there anything else i may of missed.

So anyone please Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp ::biggrin::

#5 ·
OK i have checked the trans fluid and levels are good so no trouble there. So i think there is a break down of the transmission speed sensors so going to buy both output and input sensors. Now ti is finding the right ones been looking on rock auto and found a few there. Not sure which ones will fit mine. So i have added this link so you guys can point me to the right direction for the replacements.
2006 CHRYSLER 300 3.5L V6 Speed Sensor | RockAuto

I just took the car for a spin and there is no loss in power the trans changes gear with no problems.
My car is the 3.5v6 petrol.
Regards

#6 ·
Guys i am trying to find the part number for the transmission speed sensor that is connected to the transmission box i have looked in the parts manual and cannot see it anywhere. Been to a chrysler parts dealer here in colindale north london they checked and it only shows pictures but no parts number?

It's a mercedes engine and he said look on google For Getrag transmission speed sensor 300c chrysler 300c 3.5v6 well i'm looking and cannot find anything, it's a rotten o-ring that has gone and the transmission fluid is leaking out quite a bit. So any help would be great. Don't want to drive the car while it's in that state.
Regards

#9 · (Edited)
So i called palmers chryslers dealers in watford and they told me my car has NOT a transmission speed control sensor!.
I told them i can see it under the transmission box and where the leak is i even told them my car is a 3.5v6 and they sent me these screen shots for a 5 speed transmission and they want me to take the car to them so they can fix it!.

All i want is the part and have it fitted by my local garage who can fit it for £50 including transmission fluid drain & clean the refill with new trans fluid. I'm starting to lose my rag now because it's a simple fix and chryslers won't give me the part number as well. :mad:

Attachments

#12 ·
2035400253 Mercedes part number for the external connector. You need this genuine merc not aftermarket febi leaked on mine. eBay is your friend.

The tuning shop sell atf4, filter and sump gasket for a fluid change in UK. The speed sensors if they are the problem after replacing connector are on what is called the conductor plate you replace the assembly. My 3.5 needed connector. No garage can do it properly for £50. Connector is approx £10, fluid etc was £70 . Dipstick and tool to read box temp.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.