I have a 2017 300S with Uconnect. When I go to driveuconnect.com and enter my VIN I get a message that a new update is available. It is per TSB 08-007-17 Rec. C.
I called to find out what it does they cannot, or will not, explain what it does. Is there any way to find out what it does?
Why is Chrysler so secretive on TSB's and updates?
If it does nothing that effects me I don't want to update. I don't use a Smartphone and just have a simple cell phone.
This software update is currently only available for download at your local dealership, we are looking into why the driveuconnect link isn't working properly for customers. Here are more details regarding what the update addresses:
"NUMBER: 08-007-17 REV. C
DATE: May 12, 2017
UAS, UCQ, UDQ and UAQ Radio Enhancements
Customers may experience one or more of the following:
• Heated seats will not turn on from controls screen (Sales Code UAQ).
• Arabic translation issues (Sales Code UAQ).
• Radio resetting.
• Radio controls and or touchscreen freezing up or becomes inoperative.
• Rear view camera does not display on the screen (unless the screen is blue which indicates a poor camera connection).
• Applications not launching from the app screen.
• USB port will not play music from a USB flash drive.
• Inaccurate location of the vehicle on the navigation map.
• Paired phones will not connect via Bluetooth.
• Radio screen will not dim with the thumb wheel when adjusting the cluster brightness.
• Map screen does not return after rear view camera clears.
• Performance Control & Performance Page app not performing as expected.
• Bluetooth phone call audio too low (requires volume levels above 30 to be audible).
• Song information on radio screen doesn’t match the song playing.
• Navigation GPS says not available.
• Surround sound state not shown correctly.
• Responding to the Favorites notification does not go to that song.
• Compass not showing up.
• No sound or navigation when the radio is in customer mode.
• No SXM (Sirius XM) audio for channels 301 and above.
• When making an SOS call the display shows the vehicle phone has no service during a good signal strength (U.S. Market Only).
• Head unit displays “Connected Services Not Active” after successful enrollment (U.S. Market Only).
• In Vehicle Help (IVH) issue on app (U.S. Market Only).
• Assist calls not getting connected (U.S. Market Only).
Customers may also experience a Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) illumination. Upon further investigation the technician may find that the following DTC has been set:
• B1560-13 - Cellular Antenna-1 Circuit Open (Canadian Market Only Sales Code UCQ)."
If you'd like the update performed your local dealership will be best able to further assist you!
Chrysler Social Care Specialist