Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Most Miles

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  joey 
#1 ·
I have a 2005 300C that I bought in May 2004 (May 1). Just hit 40,000 miles on it. Love the car and gonna keep it for quite a while. Be interesting to see how it fairs over the long run - I have an early build. Still runs strong - couple of new rattles recently - no biggie. There must be folks out there who have hit 100,000 miles. Just wondering who has alot of miles and how the car has weathered.

Bob

#2 ·
I am also curious what kind of problems, if any, have developed in the high mileage cars.
My rule of thumb for all my cars is old age problems start to show up around 40K miles. And by 80k miles it is time to sell the car because it is not reliable enough for long trips, and usually the repair costs are starting to become more expensive.
At the end of August it will be 3yrs for my car. I have 29k miles and I just purchased a 7yr/70k extended warranty. I am still not ready to jump to an SRT8 because I enjoy my car a lot. I was also waiting for the 2008 interior refresh to see if it was compelling to buy a 2008 SRT8. But the refresh is a real disappointment so I guess I will be keeping my car for another couple of years until the next interior refresh.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.