Please help! My SIRIUS radio is stuck on 184 NO SIGNAL! - Chrysler 300C Forum: 300C & SRT8 Forums
General Discussion General Discussion topics about the Chrysler 300 and other LX models that don't fit within the specific listed categories below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-19-2010, 12:14 PM Thread Starter
Points: 6,853, Level: 1 Points: 6,853, Level: 1 Points: 6,853, Level: 1
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Please help! My SIRIUS radio is stuck on 184 NO SIGNAL!

I was driving flicking thru the stations on Sirius and then I answered the phone. I stopped on channel 184 (or 183) and it said no signal.

After a 10 minute phone conversation I tried to listen to Sirius again and it keeps flashing 183/NO SIGNAL (or 184, I don't remember).

The car has the lifetime subscription so I know it's not the bill.

As always any help is appreciated.

Reformed Evil Genius, Ex-Convict (2 strikes), Ex drug addict and Ex alcoholic. With most of my demons bound up and gaged, I'm working hard daily to hear my master say, "Well done My Good & Faithful Servant!" I am not ashamed to say that I am in love with a man. His Name Is Jesus.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-19-2010, 12:58 PM
Points: 142, Level: 1 Points: 142, Level: 1 Points: 142, Level: 1

try calling sirius and have tech support re-send your signal. (there is also an update you may not have yet). They are very helpful and fixed mine in a few minutes. hope that helps
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-19-2010, 02:17 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Points: 23,316, Level: 1 Points: 23,316, Level: 1 Points: 23,316, Level: 1
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Garage
They will figure out some reason for your "lifetime" subscription to expire anyway, or some extra fees you need to pay to keep it going. Sirius is an unethical, rotten company.

Last edited by kevenj; 05-19-2010 at 02:18 PM.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-19-2010, 02:20 PM
Points: 5,579, Level: 1 Points: 5,579, Level: 1 Points: 5,579, Level: 1

i have the almost same problem. it flickers in between 184 and --- back and forth non stop. sirius said its not them. i think i read someone say that they pulled the fuse on the radio and it reset fine. i still havent tried it.

2006 Chrysler 300C Cool Vanilla a.k.a "Ivory" by day "Diamond" by night
NYC/Hudson Valley area

Last edited by KingsLuv; 05-19-2010 at 02:32 PM.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-19-2010, 05:01 PM
Points: 6,437, Level: 1 Points: 6,437, Level: 1 Points: 6,437, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevenj View Post
They will figure out some reason for your "lifetime" subscription to expire anyway, or some extra fees you need to pay to keep it going. Sirius is an unethical, rotten company.
It sounds like there is more to this...........You've sparked my interest..
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 08:20 AM Thread Starter

Dirty rotten mutha .....

The car came with a "Lifetime Sirius subscription". I seen it on the window sticker of my car. Sure my car is an 07 but I had the original window sticker and in the list of options was the lifetime sub from the dealer.

According to Sirius a lifetime subscription isn't transferable. I mentioned that they did get their fee for the sub and the radio should be turned on but they said that it isn't transferable and that the original owner of the car has the sub, NOT THE CAR. So I then asked if the original owner has a Sirius account, they pulled it up and they said no.

I stood on the phone over one hour and they keep insisting that I need to pay for a subscription. I keep reminding them that they already got paid and they are just annoying me to death.

Sirius ins't that good for $160 per year. It was decent because it was free but all I'd do was just flick from station to station to station to station and now that i think about it, it kind of sucked.

The most I'd pay for Sirius is $50 per year. It's not that entertaining. It was cool while it was free.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 11:18 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Points: 23,316, Level: 1 Points: 23,316, Level: 1 Points: 23,316, Level: 1
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Tony View Post
Dirty rotten mutha .....

The car came with a "Lifetime Sirius subscription". I seen it on the window sticker of my car. Sure my car is an 07 but I had the original window sticker and in the list of options was the lifetime sub from the dealer.

According to Sirius a lifetime subscription isn't transferable. I mentioned that they did get their fee for the sub and the radio should be turned on but they said that it isn't transferable and that the original owner of the car has the sub, NOT THE CAR. So I then asked if the original owner has a Sirius account, they pulled it up and they said no.

I stood on the phone over one hour and they keep insisting that I need to pay for a subscription. I keep reminding them that they already got paid and they are just annoying me to death.

Sirius ins't that good for $160 per year. It was decent because it was free but all I'd do was just flick from station to station to station to station and now that i think about it, it kind of sucked.

The most I'd pay for Sirius is $50 per year. It's not that entertaining. It was cool while it was free.
You might want to look at that window sticker again; I'm pretty sure it was a one year subscription with the car, not lifetime. I know it was a 1 year for '05 and '06 models, and my '07 Ram also came with 1 year free, not lifetime.

After my free 1 year expired on my '05 300C, I paid for a 2 year subscription. I didn't opt for the 'lifetime' because if you check into it, it's not really "lifetime" because it is tied to one particular radio. If you trade cars or if your radio quits and needs to be replaced, you have to pay a fee. But the real problem was when my 2 year paid subscription ran out. I chose not to renew, mostly because I didn't use it enough to justify the cost. Since I had paid in advance I didn't owe Sirius any money, so I just tossed their renewal offers in the round file. Well... for whatever reason, when my prepaid subscription expired Sirius did not turn off the signal to my radio, even though I had not renewed or expressed any interest in renewing. In fact I had called them 2 months prior and made sure that they would not be charging my credit card number that I had used previously. Cutting to the chase, they kept the signal on to my radio for 2 months after it should have been turned off. Even though I had no control over this, they sent me to collections over 2 months worth of sirius radio that I did not authorize or even ask for! So for $30 (which I will not pay since I don't owe it) they have lost me as a customer forever, as well as anyone else that I can convince not to do business with a company as unethical as Sirius.

Last edited by kevenj; 05-21-2010 at 12:29 AM.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 12:20 PM Thread Starter

It said LIFETIME SIRIUS SUBSCRIPTION. If it said ONE YEAR, it would have expired in 08.

See with you they said it's tied to the radio, with me (because my radio still works) they say it's tied to the original owner. I am willing to bet good money that if the original owner calls Sirius and tells them he wants his lifetime sub back, they will tell him that it's tied to the radio. Man that would be a great three way call!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 12:58 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Points: 25,819, Level: 1 Points: 25,819, Level: 1 Points: 25,819, Level: 1

It might not seem fair or that things are being misinterpreted, but, here's the Lifetime Subscription Plan from Sirius Terms and Conditions and clearly, from what you are telling us, you would not fall under their Lifetime terms:

Lifetime Subscription Plan:

A "Lifetime Subscription" is one that continues for the life of the Receiver equipment. A Lifetime Subscription is not transferable if it is associated with a Receiver installed by an automaker or an automotive dealer in a vehicle, except in the event the original Receiver associated with that Lifetime Subscription is stolen, accidentally damaged or if, in thesole discretion of SIRIUS XM Radio Inc., it is defective.

A Lifetime Subscription associated with a home, portable, or dock & play Receiver is transferable from one Receiver to another Receiver, up
to a maximum of three (3) times. Each permitted transfer of a Subscription is subject to a transfer fee. If you transfer a Lifetime Subscription from one Receiver to another or from one person to another, you will be charged a transfer fee. The current transfer fee is set forth in these Terms. No
transfer fee will be charged for the transfer of a Lifetime Subscription associated with a Receiver installed by an automaker or an automotive dealer if, in the sole discretion of SIRIUS XM Radio Inc., the Receiver is defective. Lifetime Subscriptions are nonrefundable. You may cancel a
Lifetime Subscription but if you cancel during the first year of service you will be charged a cancellation fee set forth in these Terms.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 02:38 PM
Points: 830, Level: 1 Points: 830, Level: 1 Points: 830, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevenj View Post
I had XM in 4 cars, once Sirius got involved, I canceled all 4 radios, their stations suck, nothing but talking on them now, I can get that with the FM radio. At least with XM, there was only a little talking. Now they are like a talk show.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement