AC Help please - Chrysler 300C Forum: 300C & SRT8 Forums
Interested in the Dodge Challenger? Be sure to check out the Dodge Challenger Forum for your Dodge Challenger information!
» Featured Product
» Buyers Guide

Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Chrysler 300C Forum: 300C & SRT8 Forums > Chrysler 300 & All LX Models Forums > General Discussion
Register Home Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans

General Discussion General Discussion topics about the Chrysler 300 and other LX models that don't fit within the specific listed categories below.

300cForums.com is the premier Chrysler 300c Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2010, 04:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
Points: 11,262, Level: 1 Points: 11,262, Level: 1 Points: 11,262, Level: 1
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Car: 06 Dodge Magnum
Member Number: 15639
AC Help please

My wifes 2008 300 has an ac problem. Its out of warranty so I am trying to see if its something that I can fix. The air blows cold but I cant get the recirculation to work. The button lights up. But the air does not blow colder as its not recirculating the air. Anyone have any idea how I can fix this? Thanks in advance.

HHP Stage 2R Package:
HHP/BES Stage 2R Custom High-Lift Camshaft, HHP/BES Ported & Polished Race-Grade Cylinder Heads & Intake Manifold, Modern Muscle Ported 87 mm Throttle Body, Precision Industries 2800 Torque Converter, SLP Harmonic Balancer & Underdrive Pulley, Kooks Lt Headers, Gutted Cats, Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust, 180 Thermostat, Diablo Predator with CMR tune by HHP (466HP/432TQ).
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2010, 04:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
ADMINISTRATOR
Points: 235,521, Level: 1 Points: 235,521, Level: 1 Points: 235,521, Level: 1
Activity: 67% Activity: 67% Activity: 67%

Car: 2006 Chrysler 300C SRT-8 "Black Beauty II"
Member Number: 538
Chances are - it's an electronic glitch.

The best way to find the problem is to hook up the car to the StarScan system. There are 9 computers onboard these cars! Unfortunately, unless you know someone, you will have to go to a dealership for the analysis.

A second possibility would be to read the obd port to see if an error code has been generated. You can do this with any tool that can read the codes such as a Predator.

There is a list of all the codes in the tech section here.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-17-2010, 04:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

I went to the dealer long story and they said they would have to take the dash apart? I would guess that they already ran the starscan and found nothing? So they wanted to take the thing apart. I have been using this dealer for years so I don;t think they are trying to get over on me. I just did not want to pay for them to take it all apart. I figured I would be able to find something on here about this problem. I guess I am looking to see if there is a way to force the door closed so that it is always in a recirculation mode?
Old 07-17-2010, 05:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
ADMINISTRATOR

It depends how good the electronics tech is at the dealership. There have been too many stories here of techs ripping dashes apart and replacing components instead of finding the source of the problem first.

It could also just be a vent jamming that forces the recirculation.

Hopefully someone else will chime in who has dealt with this issue.
Old 07-17-2010, 06:12 PM   #5 (permalink)

Ok I figured it could not be but so hard so I took a look and I figured I would tell what happened. Doing some research on every LX forum I found out that this is a problem that is happening on 08's mostly! The arm / door that moves from vent to recirculation is located right behind the glove box! You have to drop the glove box and right in front of you is a motor that has a half moon cage on top of it. As you look at the cage if you look past the cage you will see a half moon plastic ball with a white stripe on it. This means you are in vent mode fresh air coming in. Turn the AC on and it will not move, if you hit the recirculation button the half moon plastic will flip front to back and close the vent and you are in recirculation mode. If is does not move then the motor is bad and does not look to be a real hard replacement. Now from what I have read you can't move this plastic ball, if you do you will break the arm. Since it did not move for me I try-ed and it flipped over. I turned on the AC and I could move it with a screw driver from vent (fresh) air to recirculation. SO to me it looks like the motor is bad and the arm broke.

Now what am I going to do. I placed this half moon ball in a 80% flip, I want to make sure I get fresh air in the cabin to make sure I don't get fogging of the windows? If from driving around it does not fall and flip itself into the vent(fresh air) mode I am going to leave it as is. And when winter comes just flip it back into vent mode. If it falls back into vent mode then I will replace it. I just like the AC recirculating cabin air. Don't know if this is the smartest way to go? But I think I should be ok?
Old 07-17-2010, 06:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
ADMINISTRATOR

Great post!

Thanks for putting that up. I'm sure there will be others that will find your info helpful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement