Nix
Points: 5,003, Level: 1 Points: 5,003, Level: 1 Points: 5,003, Level: 1
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quick exhaust question

My brother actually had spintechs on his 87 Supercharged GT and they sounded awesome. I like them and they are the right price but I've had flowmasters before and I enjoy the sound of them too. I did tons of research and there are tons of options for our cars. After sleeping on it I decided to go with what I've had and enjoyed before. Plus this is my family car and the straights are just too damn loud!

I actually have the American thunder on my 1995 z28, it's throaty at idle and at wot it still sounds great. To be honest with ya I'm not really interested in the super fast powerful aspect anymore. I just want something that I can hear in the car and it sounds good outside but like I said the straights are just too nasty, I have the predator solely for the mds and I haven't modded the tune it's just the 89 tu e or whichever is the lowest. Maybe if I don't end up enjoying the flowmasters I can save up again and give the spintechs a try this spring or summer, I bet the would sound great on our cars. I'll post back on the flowmasters and if I end up changing them this summer!

Thank you very much for your advice and insight HEMI!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 04:06 PM
Points: 14,923, Level: 1 Points: 14,923, Level: 1 Points: 14,923, Level: 1
Activity: 23% Activity: 23% Activity: 23%

I Hear you..Spintech are not straight thru tho...lol...they actually use the exhaust pulse to enhannce the sound here is my old Magnum SRT8 this sounded awesome...They were spintech pro shoot out mufflers rear resonators removed..let me know what you think...

2006 BB 300C SRT8.,LMI cai,BT oil catch, bilstein shocks all around, dc sport top carbon steel strut tower bar, challanger motor mounts., alpine touch screen,Blue tops,Custom exhaust suitcase removed...magnaflow resonators 4 inch tips,93 CAI Tune,zex kit installed,Nitrous outlet plate.Running nano too.

Gone ..2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8

Other toys:
87 Mustang GT Turbo.
DD 98 GMC suburban,04 Trailblazer
Wifes toys 91 Camaro z28 350 tpi supercharged
89 Camaro I-roc 350 tpi some mods...
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-15-2013, 10:40 AM Thread Starter
Nix

Quick exhaust question

Damn your magnum sounds killer with the spintechs too! I don't remember saying that spintechs are straight thru? I'm guessing you misinterpreted my "straights" comment and how I said they are too loud right now, I should have been more specific, sorry. I was referring to how I said in several posts that the current straight through setup is too damn loud and for the most part the reason I feel they are too loud is because now the 300 has become my grocery getter since my wife and I welcomed our twins in to this world.

When they were younger the could sleep next to a freight train and not wake up but now they are 2 1/2 and sometimes when we're are out and they or one of them is tired they have said "daddy too loud can't sleep" lol ad that was when I realized it was time to quiet her down a bit. They have a music box and a fan in their room to produce white noise to help them sleep and I figure that if I throw some mufflers on the 300 it may end up being enough to make a nice "hum" in the cabin. If it still ends up being too much then it will just be another valid excuse to give my wife on why I need to get a catback for it. Or even better maybe we won't have to use my 300 anymore at all for going anywhere and I could pull the baby seats from the back of my ride and throw them in the basement and just use her Explorer. If her truck wasn't so damn uncomfortable then I wouldn't mind using it more but I've had a spinal fusion and her truck is hell on my back for long trips.

If it is still too loud which it may very well be get ready for a update on me getting a new setup courtesy of my wife!

Thank you again HEMI and don't be surprised if I contact you again in the future looking for some more advice seeing as it seems like you have had plenty of different setups.

The Following User Says Thank You to Nix For This Useful Post:
MY SRT8 HEMI (02-15-2013)
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-15-2013, 11:46 AM

I did mis-read your comment...sorry..LOL....Sure ive had 3 LX platforms..and different set-ups..so any time..Plus i have an 87 Mustang GT with a turbo that had flows..it has Bassanai race series on that now.....,my wife has 2 f-body camaros, we have some wicked set-ups on hers...One has a custom 4 inch cat back...My Suburban has a custom Magnaflow catback...LOL...her trailblazer is next...I use this guy in Trenton NJ one of the Best I mean the BEST in the business..Oh he does custom exhaust mail order to by the way,for our cars....
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-17-2013, 12:16 PM Thread Starter
Nix

Re: Quick exhaust question

It's fi e bro, I misread stuff all the time. I have a tendency to just skim of things too quick. Yea you've probably had more Chrysler products and exhaust setups than i've had cars! Im pretty confident that when it's time to say bye to my current 300 I will get another one.

Where do you live? Do they not have smog or emissions of any kind? I'm up here in Wisconsin and oddly enough we have emissions only in certain counties but not it others? I'm in a county that does not have emissions and I live 5 miles over the border of a county that does. Pretty weird and makes no sense. In my county we don't have emissions for any type of vehicle at all. No matter how old or new, it makes no difference.

Best Regards, Nick Schultz
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-17-2013, 02:26 PM

I live in NJ they are very emissons crazy here...lol...the Mustang is an 87 so i have QQ plates on it so its exempt to emssions so i can do anything to that ..lol...My 300 is legal tho...has to be...
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-17-2013, 06:07 PM Thread Starter
Nix

Quick exhaust question

I believe it, I got a few buddies that live out there. One lives in Passaic and the other in and Union City and they've said the same as you. He said they are nazis when it comes to smog and emissions testing. I've heard that Cali is pretty hardcore out there too. I'm really damn happy that I don't have to deal with that.

post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-17-2013, 08:07 PM

Yes its true...LOL....Thats why i have cats still on the 300 someday maybe i will do off road cats but the car isnt an all out race car just a toy really...I havent driven it in a month..lol roads are full of salt i wont take it out..it will get way to dirty..I drive the mustang more the car needs paint anyways...LOL....
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 03:43 PM
Points: 322, Level: 1 Points: 322, Level: 1 Points: 322, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

what site was that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement