Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Looking For Better Exhaust Sound

3K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  MADDOG 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I have a 2005 300C, it has 47k miles on it and I really want some better sound from the exhaust. I'm a muscle car fanatic, and the original 300 is one of the first true muscle cars. My car is way too quiet! I've been looking at Blastin Bob's resonator deletes, and I really like the 250X4 7db kit. I don't want to buy a cat-back or anything like that, I just want something cheap and easy to install that will make it sound good but not obnoxious.

Any thoughts on Blastin Bob's resonator deletes?

This is the kit I'm looking at now:
http://www.blastinbob.com/2005_10_Dodge_Chrysler_LX_5_7L_Hemi_7db_resonator_p/250x4.htm

#2 ·
A resonator delete will introduce quite a bit of drone in your car unless you deactivate MDS. It will be louder, for sure, but drone will make you want to park the car. Removing them does not get you much with respects to better flow.

However, replacing the dual in/dual out single case stock muffler (affectionately known as the "suitcase") with a pair of mufflers of your choice gets you three benefits:

1. Better flow
2. Better sound
3. No drone (if you leave the resonators on)

As to what muffler, you'll have to pick what sounds best to you. There are plenty of soundclips here to listen to plus most manufacturers put sound clips up on their websites. I'd go listen to some of those and go from there.

#6 ·
With my warranty I don't have to bring it to a dealer. Interior engine components are the mods to stay away from with warranty. If you feel insecure about the mod call the warranty company. I did and they answered all my questions with adding mods.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#9 ·
Maddog always has the best advice!!

If you want to stay pretty stockish call up Blastin Bob and TRY and I mean you really gotta search for it!! Find yourself a stock suitcase from a Daytona Charger or a Road and Track Charger R/T or a SRT Design 300. These have a really nice rumble and are (according to Blastin Bob himself) a straight through flow. They are not obnoxious but do give that muscle car sound. I have the SRTD and LOVE the sound...I also contacted Bob about a kit. Even stock with the resonators I have a bit of drone from about 37 to 45mph only in MDS mode, take it out its gone, so I am sticking with the Magnaflow Glasspack resonated kit, I think MX254....I just want to louden it up a bit.

But since you got the word that a new exhaust system should be fine, id go with whatever you think sounds best!

#10 ·
Yeah the drone is a big concern, and I like MDS because I drive quite a bit so its nice to get that extra mileage. I can get the Magnaflow 3" stainless cat back kit for about half the cost of Corsa, so I might get that. I've heard the magnaflow can drone though...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.