Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

JBA Shorty Headers + Mids For 2009 300C AWD

4K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  uberDoward 
#1 · (Edited)
Last year I started a similar thread and was advised to go with SRT parts since they were cheaper and did the same thing. Unfortunately SRT parts don't fit on an AWD due to the transfer case, so I got very lucky that I didn't order them online, however I wasted a lot of time looking for them and didn't find out about this incompatibility until the day of the install (I mentioned AWD to the mechanics upon our 1st meeting but they must have missed it, coz on the day of the install they said they don't fit on an AWD)

This summer I decided I'm going with the JBA's, but I had a few questions and please, please, pretty please, keep in mind that my vehicle is All Wheel Drive. Here are the links to the parts I'm considering

Titanium Ceramic Shorty Headers JBA Performance Exhaust Part #:1964S-1JT*Cat4ward® Shorty

Silver Ceramic Shorty Headers JBA Performance Exhaust Part #:1964S-1JS*Cat4ward® Shorty

Natural Stainless Steel Mids With Cats JBA Performance Exhaust Part #:6966SYC*Mid-Pipes with Cats

Polished Stainless Steel Mids With Cats JBA Performance Exhaust Part #:36966SYC*Mid-Pipes with Cats

Factory Manifold Catted Midpipes http://www.jbaheaders.com/detail_mid_pipesV.asp?id=2966SYC

1. Will these shorty's and catted midpipes cause my vehicle to fail emissions tests? I want shorty headers, but I also want to be able to drive my car legally on the road.

2. Which should I go for, Silver Ceramic or Titanium? They are the same price but what would be better? I was thinking Titanium, but there's a youtube video of a guy that purchased them and they were butchered out of the factory... I don't want quality issues.

3. In terms of the mids, is natural or polished better? I would go for natural just coz they are under the car so I'm assuming you can't really see them that well. I'll go for the cheaper option i guess if it makes no other difference than appearance. Also there is the factory manifold 2.5' catted mids, so will this work with the jba shorty's? Its specific for awd only so I'm assuming I'd go for this, but it says factory manifold only.

4. My car is lowered on BC-R coilovers, so will these new 3' mids and 1 3/4' headers cause clearance issues compared to stock? I scrape once in a while over speed bumps and such as is, so will this make it significantly worse?

Any advice / info is welcome. Thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
Any input from anyone who has tried these on an AWD before? Any advice would be appreciated guys, thx

#3 ·
No one replied so I went ahead with the Titanium Ceramic shorties and the mids with high flow cats for the AWD. Went with the same parts shop that did my intake, catback, rims, & ds intune, and they assured me they spoke with jba and everything should fit etc / keep the car road legal, so we shall see. Steep price though... $2000 for the parts and install will be around $500... stupid crappy Canadian dollar & crappy taxes & import fees...

Is there anything else that is recommended to be done if the headers are replaced (I mean in terms of labor since im replacing the headers, would there be something else that can be also easily upgraded / replaced?)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.