Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

3.5 v6 resonator delete!!!

9K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  CtCarl 
#1 ·
I wanted to make this thread because I was researching videos, posts on forums and random internet sites with very mixed opinions and saying flowmaster this catback that. So I went ahead and just got out my sawzall, and put the resonator in the scrap pile. I bought a 2.5 inch turn down, a clamp and a hanger from AutoZone. It fit perfect and the sound is a crisp, mellow growl that isn't loud, raspy, ricey, it doesn't pop and crackle, and very little drone inside the car. So with all that said, if you are thinking about doing this simple, cheap exhaust mod and searching for opinions or videos, stop thinking about it, take the 30min and just do it, you will be happy with it. It prolly don't add any hp or mph, but it sounds great. I'll post pics if anyone interested.

#9 ·
I am going to an exhaust shop tomorrow to get the rear resonators deleted on my 2014 Chrysler 300s, I am hoping very much that the drone isn't going to be horrible on the highway.

What year and model is your car? I’ve been thinking of doing this on my 2015 300s. The exhaust on the “s” model is different then the others. I’m just worried about drone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.