Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Double Din and Bezel Install

3K views 9 replies 2 participants last post by  MADDOG 
#1 ·
Newbie here looking to do a Double-Din and Bezel install on my 2008 Chrysler Touring. Before I begin this project I would like some info on where to get a good Bezel Kit ? Also , I have done some research but what is really good unit with Navi on the market right now? Also where do I start and what is needed to get this upgrade done ? I know some are going to say search the forums and I have, just that there so much info and hard to know what is right or wrong. Notsure if I need an antenna, special wires and where to buy this stuff. Trust me all help would be appreciated. Thanks guys!

#2 ·
To do a double DIN head unit installation:

1. Head unit
2. Chrysler/Dodge NAV bezel - many can be found on eBay
3. Head unit installation kit - Crutchfield unless it is offered by the head unit manufacturer
4. PacAudio head unit integration harness - depends on what head unit you get and whether or not you currently have steering wheel controls.
5. Navigation antenna - Metra - If you get a head unit with navigation

From there, it's a pretty simple plug and play.

So what head unit are you planning on installing?

#3 ·
MADDOG thanks for the reply. I don't have steering wheel controls so I don't think I need the PacAudio intergration harness right? Looking for a good size screen with Navigation if possible. Any good suggestions ?
Crutchfield does have the kits, looking to order from there soon. Any help is useful and thanks for sharing.

#4 ·
You will need one harness if you select a navigation equipped head unit. That would be the PacAudio C2R-CHY4.

Lots of head unit choices out there so I would not presume to recommend a specific one but I tend to lean towards Alpine, Kenwood and Pioneer head units for their feature laden packages.

Good luck.

#7 ·
Hey MADDOG your right. I bounce back in forth with the thought. I have a Garmin GPS that I hardly use...just because pulling it in and out and mounting it is a hassle. Lots of times I use my navi on my phone, using one on the double din would a much easier process I understand that. I like the big screen yes. I like the Navi too...to be honest I'm still deciding on it. Your right though, a big screen with no NAVI is possibly a waste. What screen set up you have ? Also, I have been checking for bezel online today and cant seem to find a kit with everything for a 208? I see tons o00-2007...but 2008 seems tough to find. Can you help me out here ?
MADDOG, thanks again in helping me out!

#8 ·
#9 ·
Are there any good kits that have 3, 4, 5 ?

3. Head unit installation kit - Crutchfield unless it is offered by the head unit manufacturer
4. PacAudio head unit integration harness - depends on what head unit you get and whether or not you currently have steering wheel controls.
5. Navigation antenna - Metra - If you get a head unit with navigation

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.