Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Interior LED Conversion - 2015 Updates - 300S

18K views 25 replies 11 participants last post by  GritsNGravy 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I decided to start a new thread for my 2015 300S Interior LED conversion because many of the bulb types and bulb locations I reviewed have changed since the older LED threads were posted.

Additionally, I specify "Interior" conversion because on MY15, most, if not all the exterior bulbs (Fog Lamps/License Plate Lamps/Side Mirror Indicators/DRL's) are already factory LED's, and nice white ones at that. ::wink::

Interior LED Type/Quantity Listing: (All 2015 & 2016 300 models have the same bulb styles and quantity)

Trunk Lamp - 2 x 44mm Rigid Loop Festoon (AKA Type 561/562/563/567/ 564/566/570)

Rear Door Puddle Lamps - 2 x 44mm Rigid Loop Festoon

Front Door Puddle Lamps - 2 x 44mm Rigid Loop Festoon

Rear Map/Dome Lamps - 2 x T10 Wedge Bulb (AKA Type W5W/168/194/921...etc)

Front Map/Dome Lamps - 2 x T10 Wedge Bulb

Glove Box Lamp - 1 x T10 Wedge Bulb

Visors/Vanity Mirrors - 4 x 29mm Fuse Shape (6641) Bulbs

The LED Bulbs I Used - Total Cost $39.56 (Includes 15 EXTRA bulbs):

10 x Super White 44mm 5050 6 SMD Rigid Loop Festoon Door Map LED Light 561 562 | eBay

10x T10 White High Power 5630 6 SMD Interior Reverse LED Light Bulb 921 912 906 | eBay

10X High Power 5630 LED Bulbs Sun Visor Vanity Mirror Light Fuse Shape 6641 29mm

Let's just say I am LED obsessed...:angel: I've been successfully swapping/converting automotive bulbs for about 12-years now across many makes of vehicles owned and in the family including Jeep, Scion, Infiniti, Hyundai, Lincoln and now Chrysler. I will say a lot has changed for the better in LED technology over these years, and I have learned a lot through trial and error spanning countless brands, bulbs and LED styles.

That being said, for the most part I no longer support the "Big Guys" such as V-LEDS, Diode Dynamics, Autolumination, DDM Tuning, SuperBrightLeds, etc. for several reasons. #1 They are OVERPRICED. #2 They are often still pushing OLD LED technology. #3 Their bulb quality/reliability are FOR THE MOST PART no better than REPUTABLE, TOP-RATED eBay wholesalers. In many cases I would even suspect the big guys are using the same wholesalers that you can deal with directly without the markup based on IDENTICAL bulbs I have received.
So there's my background rant, and my personal experiences, the choice is yours..... I do have a list of trusted go-to eBay suppliers, so feel free to hit me up via PM or on the thread for LED suggestions or any install questions/problems. :nerd:

*** Before & After pictures will be uploaded as soon as I get through installation ***

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Yeah, sorta :serious: The front overhead console has one T10 wedge bulb on each side as well as (as far as I can tell) one sealed LED from the factory.

I swapped out the wedge bulb with the LED's previously listed, the lens is a bit tricky to remove/loosen, but I didn't need to get it all the way off to do swap.

So the end result is full LED console, but unfortunately the stock sealed LEDs are much warmer/yellow in color than the ones I used for everything else. I'll post a picture next time I remember.

#5 · (Edited)
I just purchased a complete set of LED for my 2015 300s from Car-ID. Seems like I payed way more than the one's you have listed and not even sure if they will be the right ones. The first set they sent was not the right fit. Question, how did you replace the Map lights, did you completely remove the plastic cover from the front doom light cover. It seems it won't come completely off and had a difficult time reaching the map bulbs.

#6 ·
Sorry for the late reply....

Yup, that is the price you pay not going the eBay route $$$ ::wink::

Front map lamp lens is a bit tricky to remove/loosen, but I didn't need to get it all the way off to do swap. I have also seen some people use a piece of clear tape to grab the stock bulb and pull it out. Much easier getting the new LEDs back in.

#8 ·
Your Lights are looking real good job. With that said I just bought the 2014 300 C it has the daytime LED lights but the headlamp is just too yellow for me. I was thinking about switching it to HID but I am clueless about these things. Any advice or suggestions on which ones I should get.

Also, there is a performance shop close to my house so I asked the owner for suggestions and he said he wouldn't recommend HID for doge and Chrysler because they use a different voltage and the HIDs don't last long on them. He told me go with PIAA which isn't as bright or blue but then they wont give me any issues.

#13 ·
Does the Aussie SRT variant for 2016 onwards have the same lighting setup?

I just want to change the colour of some of my interior lighting, particularly the door puddle lamps, either blue, pink or purple. Maybe the glovebox and trunk lamps, not fussed on changing the map lights in the overhead console or the visor vanity lamps.

What about the small ambient LED lights at the door handles and just above the door drink holders. And also the ambient lighting in the front footwells. Are they changeable? If not what is a good alternative way to change the ambient lighting colour to something funky?

#14 · (Edited)
I'm sure it's the same lighting.

Ambient LEDS @ door handles, cup holders, footwells, front map lamps are not removable bulbs as they are factory LED's. Changeable, sure if you are good with a soldering iron. Not worth the trouble IMO.

#16 ·
No simpler solutions to date for changing out the 3 factory LEDs in the overhead console? I just picked up a '17 base 300. Excuse my ignorance, but none of the latest, higher trim level cars come with a white or cleaner interior lighting setup? Do any other models share this overhead console with different lighting? I'd hate to mix and match the white with the awful yellow.

#17 ·
Was just viewing this thread again because I now need another set of bulbs for the new ride and needed the ebay info & bulb numbers.

So, saw your post along w/few other guys not liking the overhead permanent bulb color, especially mixed with new white or blue LEDS.

When I did the conversion on my previous 300S, I changed out the overhead console bulbs and what I did to eliminate the small yellow/gold fused in bulbs was to use metal/foil HVAC adhesive backed tape. I cut several small squares, stacked them to make a thicker material, and applied it to block out that light. worked great. Gonna do same thing on the new 300 too.

mark~

#19 ·
I ended up using some ice blue leds off of Amazon. Cost about $25 for all the lights. Included all interior, exterior and trunk. I like that they match the dash lights. For the soldered map lights I just taped over with electrical tape. You cannot even see it.

Attachments

#20 · (Edited)
Hi,

Thanks for posting pics... those look really nice, and bright. when you get a chance, can you either post here or DM me a link to the Amazon lights you used? I had blue LED puddles on my 1st 300S and also really liked how they matched the dash lighting, but they werent as bright as i wanted.

I havent bought any bulbs yet for the new car and will def be doing all of them inside car and trunk lights. As we both mentioned here, I will once again just tape over the 2 small warm light bulbs overhead.

TIA, mark~

BTW: will update avatar to new ride if it ever gets warm and clear of salt outside again to get some clean pics of the car :)

#21 ·

Attachments

Reactions: link6381
#22 ·
Good morning,

thanks for the link. before i put order thru just wanna verify with you on the 14 bulb total:

main bulbs you need for 300:

(4) door puddle bulbs

(2) overhead console bulbs

(2) rear seat pull-handle bulbs

(2) trunk bulbs

are these all included in the 14, this equals 10 bulbs, what were the other 4 they sent you for? are there any bulbs for under the dash courtesy?

Just want to be sure of what's here b4 ordering.

Thanks much for helping! mark~

#23 ·
Mine had

2- overhead console
2- rear seats
2- trunk
2- license plate
4- door puddle lights
1- glove compartment

Think thats all I used. There were some extras. My car has the pano sunroof so I dont have any overhead lights in center.

#24 ·
glad it has the glove box too. oh yeah, i also have the pano roof... i meant the 2 back seat bulbs that are behind the grab handles above both door openings. <so, those are the 2 you said 'rear seat' then

#25 ·
Loving this post. I'm thinking about doing this, but it seems two of the links (first ones) are no longer available? Also, my other question here since you seem to know your stuff (I have a 2015 300S as well) is can we add the stock ambient lights such as the door bottle holder lights?

#26 ·

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.