Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Illuminated Chrysler wing at the rear? (merged)

55K views 384 replies 67 participants last post by  LSCto300C 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

today I have seen a mod that looks really sick!!!!! I would like to do the same on my 300C.

Does anybody know how to modify the Chrysler wing to make it looks like on the pictures below?

Any ideas?
Is this just a LED stripe that has been places under this wing?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
My guess is that you'd have to have a thin piece of acrylic between the wing and the automotive tape holding it on the trunk (or boot). Interesting mod idea though!

#4 ·
Been checking around. If you find something first let us know

#7 ·
Like GoofyTimL say it is a peace of acrylic. I wanted to to the front and back emblems on my car but I'm just to lazzy.

For this you will need :
roll of 3M double sided tape for vehicles "not the white foam one"
1' 1/2 of acrylic thin
a set of LEDs from any pep boys or autozone
fishing line to remove the emblem
a small drill bit and one the same size as the LEDs
acrylic cutter

first you take of your emblem clean it very good and add new 3M double sided tape then buy a peace of acrylic from any hardware store I prefer Lowe's they have everything in stock, also buy a cuter. cut the acrylic to the shape of the emblem ad 3M double sided tape and drill three holes now you will drill a small hole right in the middle where the emblem goes, just so you can pass the Small + and - wires install the LEDs in the acrylic peace using silicon pass the cables throw the hole you drilled and seal it with silicon install both the acrylic peace and emblem and connect your wires aether to a switch or brake lights.

I am not very good explaining but try my best hope this works for you

#8 ·
Mr G. Explained well enough for me.When i get the time I'll try and do some lexan or PETG on the CNC.Be a lot cleaner. Won't have the tile for a couple weeks but after that I'l try and make some available

#11 ·
Sorry,
You'll be the second! I'll be the first :)

#15 · (Edited)
HEY Add me to the list- I'll buy one from you too!!!!!!!!!!!

The Sooner the Better!!!!!!:fing02:

That's a Freakin Hot Mod- BTW!!!!

#13 ·
No problem!

#17 · (Edited)
I had this mod on my Crown Victoria. It is awesome. You could buy logos that easily replaced the existing. 20 minutes max. It was made by LumiLogo and looked just like the light up emblems on the 1960s Wolseleys, but Ford blue in color.

Google Image Result for http://ultimate-truck.com/images/mfrImages/150.gif

I got them on eBay for 20 bucks or so. they lasted about a year but were very cool. Turned heads everywhere. Reminded me of my 1955 Pontiac Star Chief with the lighted Chief Pontiac hood ornament.

I'd love to have a lighted front emblem, but have not found any on the market. I'm not crafty enough to make on myself so I am interested in this idea.

#20 ·
I'm going to try this some day.

#21 ·
I'll be in the shop next week to start ripping a file. It will take some time but as soon as I'm done I'll post

#23 ·
GregLV-you're first on the list when I complete it. hopefully I can convert the file in a quick time. CNC will only take about 10 min to cut. maybe a half to polish egdes out.Just gotta get back off the road now

#24 ·
Don't forget about me!!!! LOL!

#25 ·
No problem Prican

#30 ·
Finally!! I'm back off the road(for today anyway). Tomorrow I'll start to work on creating the wing profile. Bear with me as I have don't have time as this juncture to commit full time. Once I create the file,the CNC can cut them out in about 3 minutes. Just take a little to recreate wing to exact dimension.I hope to be cutting next week.

#32 ·
As of now just going to cut and polish the acrylic for under the wing. From there I'll see how my time goes. Biggest problem is ( kind of a good one) is we just landed a new HUGE account. Time is at premium. That's the hold up or slow down with getting the wing into a .ger file

#36 ·
ARE YOU DONE YET? ARE YOU DONE YET? ARE YOU DONE YET?

:biggrin: :fing02: :biggrin: :fing02: :biggrin: :fing02: :biggrin: :fing02:

No seriously-

ARE YOU DONE YET? :)

Tell me where to send my money too

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.