Ballast Question - Page 2 - Chrysler 300C Forum: 300C & SRT8 Forums
Interested in the Dodge Challenger? Be sure to check out the Dodge Challenger Forum for your Dodge Challenger information!
» Featured Product
» Buyers Guide

Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Chrysler 300C Forum: 300C & SRT8 Forums > Appearance Forums > Lighting Discussion
Register Home Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans

Lighting Discussion This area is for discussion of all things related to lighting. Such as: HIDs, Turn Signal Bulbs, LED tails, Interior Xenon bulbs, etc. for the Chrysler 300 or other LX models.

300cForums.com is the premier Chrysler 300c Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2011, 08:35 AM   #11 (permalink)
Points: 6,409, Level: 1 Points: 6,409, Level: 1 Points: 6,409, Level: 1
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Car: 2006 All Options But DVD & Power Pedals 300C
Member Number: 4720
Update: both lights were out, and we need the car, so we took it to the dealer. Both ballasts were bad - something they hadn't seen before. And yes, the ballasts are recessed into the bottom of the light assembly. They had only one - so car is there til they get the other one Monday. I could have replaced them myself - but there was also a question whether it might be the light control module itself, or some bad bulbs - so with time of the essence and not wanting to play "change the part, one at a time" myself with the long wait for shipping parts here we just bit the bullet and took it in. Plus - we get a 12-12 warranty on the ballasts so if something else is wrong and fries them we are covered...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2011, 03:44 PM   #12 (permalink)
Senior Contributing Member
Points: 64,208, Level: 1 Points: 64,208, Level: 1 Points: 64,208, Level: 1
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Car: 2006 Chrysler 300C
Member Number: 28779
Quote:
Originally Posted by vyper883 View Post
The D1S factory HID system, has the ignitor and capsule integrated. It is the D1S capsule here:

If the D1S capsule needs replacement, headamp housing removal is a must, which means partial removal of the fascia either way.

Um,
I recently replaced my stock HID bulbs and I never removed the facia or headlight unit
I just removed the black rubber cover/insulator, disconnect the cable to the bulb, unclip the bulb and pull it out
I ave a 2006 300C AWD
Stock HID system
93oct w/ CAI Tune
BB Reso Deletes

Last edited by blacknight; 10-21-2011 at 03:45 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-21-2011, 04:20 PM   #13 (permalink)
RDX
Points: 8,137, Level: 1 Points: 8,137, Level: 1 Points: 8,137, Level: 1
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Car: 2006 Chrysler 300c
Member Number: 25733
If you have a faulty bulb it will still blow the ballast's after a few months I had 3 of them changed under warranty until they realized it was a bad bulb cause the faulty bulb looks normal and works fine till it fries the ballast. I bought after market D1S bulbs and haven't had a problem since been almost a year now. Here in Toronto the bulbs are like $250 each at the stealership, I paid $80 for 2 from a local lighting store cash no tax.

MODS:
Grip Tuning chrome grill with heavy mesh inserts. Maganaflow full exhaust system.
Altezza chrome led tail lights. Chrome window pillars.
20 Inch SRT rims wrapped with Eagle F1's. SRT style spoiler.
Momo airmetal shifter. Pioneer double din package.
Eibach sportline lowering springs. E&G Chrome licence plate housing and vent guards.
Painted Oem Headlights (flat black) with AAC halos and fogs.
Titanium burl wood dash kit (small). Smoked led side markers
Old 10-22-2011, 02:52 AM   #14 (permalink)
Major Contributing Member
Points: 12,040, Level: 1 Points: 12,040, Level: 1 Points: 12,040, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Car: '06 Chrysler 300C SRT8
Member Number: 20505
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight View Post
Um,
I recently replaced my stock HID bulbs and I never removed the facia or headlight unit
I just removed the black rubber cover/insulator, disconnect the cable to the bulb, unclip the bulb and pull it out
I ave a 2006 300C AWD
Stock HID system
Bulb, yes. His problem was the ballast, which requires removing the headlight. Although some have said they were able to remove the headlights by only partially removing the fascia, I was never able to do that and always had to take the whole thing off.

As an aside, I can't remember where I got them, but I bought a couple replacement OEM ballasts for just $100 each...I think it was shipped from Vision Dodge, but it was from some other website (I know, that doesn't help).
<SOLD> 2006 300C SRT8 - Silver Steel, Predator, Janetty Racing CMR Tune, AFE Stage 2 Intake, 180 TStat, 20% Tints, T-Rex Upper Class Grille, 6000K CCFL Halos, 6000K HIDGate Replacement Lows, 6000K HIDGate Fogs, Stealth Front & Rear Signal Bulbs, Stealth Clear Side Markers, Tinted Tails

Old 02-04-2013, 06:02 PM   #15 (permalink)
Points: 411, Level: 1 Points: 411, Level: 1 Points: 411, Level: 1
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Car: 2006 Chrysler 300c srt8
Member Number: 30282
OK so after my left HID went out i replaced my bulbs with 6000k both sides... after installing both the left one turned off again so i figured it was the ballast that went bad. I switched my ballast around to see what would happen and again the right one stayed on and the left turned off.. i decided to see what would happen if i turned the housing upside down.. (left HID housing is now upside down) with everything in tact it stays on. then when i turn it right side up it goes off... ive tried messing with the plugs in the back to make sure none of the wiring harness was getting tangled up.. i have no idea whats going on....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement