GENERAL FORUM RULES:
Our goal is to keep this board both informational, and enjoyable, for all readers.
The basic ground rules are simple: treat each other with respect, don't break the law, and if you are interested in selling something here, please FIRST - READ and FOLLOW the guidelines in the Vendor and Buy/Sell sections of the rules below. DO NOT post ANY
message that identifies your company, products or services without specific authority as outlined in those sections.
The following rules are meant as a guideline for acceptable member behavior. In some cases it may be necessary for Staff to take action based on their judgment and not on any particular rule herein. A formal point-based warning/infraction system is used to remind members of the rules, or impose sanctions, as needed. All warnings and infractions are automatically recorded and can be viewed in your profile only by the recipient and staff members. If you should receive a warning or infraction and disagree with its premise, you may discuss it with any staff member via PM – Do not complain in threads/posts.
We reserve the right to move, modify, delete or merge posts at our discretion and without explanation.
These rules may be amended at any time... Please review this page periodically
Only authorized Supporting Vendors are permitted to discuss their company or offer their products, projects or services in the forum
Those vendors are easily recognized by their bold blue username and the title "Supporting Vendor
" below it.
Please report posts found in violation of this policy to any Administrator using the 'Report Post' feature or send us a Private Message.
Please review the detailed Vendor Rules
section below and/or contact an Administrator for permission/clarification BEFORE
you make a sales-related post if unsure of its compliance with posted policies
Avatar and User Name:
Both must be work-safe and socially acceptable. No political, religious, adult/sexual content or language. Non-conforming avatars will be removed without notice.
User Names and Avatars that clearly identify a member with a business name are not
permitted unless the member is an official site sponsor. This is considered to be a form of advertising and you will be asked to change them.
Although members have the option to disable signatures, they are always visible to guest readers. There is an option in the User CP
to turn off signatures for members who prefer not to view them.
Over-sized signatures are inconsiderate and will be removed. An alternative would be to use ‘My Garage’ or the ‘Picture/Media Thread’ to list all mods, options, images, and insert a link to it in your signature. Please note that signatures will only appear in your first post on any given page of a thread.
Size 2 Font
If you include an image in your signature, please limit text to 2
horizontal lines. Line spaces count as part of your text total.
If you don’t use an image, your text is limited to 4
horizontal lines. Again, line spaces count as part of your text total.
: Unauthorized vendor contacts, vendor links, non supporting vendor logos and banners, product links, and other items that violate forum rules will be removed without notice (Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, forums and clubs outside the AutoGuide network of sites, etc)
All posts by members are the sole responsibility of that member and do not necessarily reflect the views of the forum's owners or administration. This forum, and its administration, do not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of information or products represented in posts on this site, nor on 3rd party sites linked to by any member
Post new threads in the correct forum category; each category includes a brief description of what belongs there. Threads in the wrong forum will be moved to facilitate searches for information of that type.
- Do NOT post complaints about forum staff, warnings/infractions/bans, or site policies. Direct these matters to any Administrator or Moderator privately via PM and allow time for them to respond
- Please welcome all newcomers with friendly advice about how to find info & resources and get involved in our community - If you can't be friendly, be quiet
- Begin a new thread only if the subject matter has not already been posted. Like threads may be merged w/o notice
- No cross-posting: Do not post the same thread in multiple forum sections. Duplicate threads will be merged or deleted
- Title new threads in a meaningful way so that the subject is obvious and easily searched. The key to others locating posted information in the future depends upon it.
- Do not post using all caps, or all bold, font: this is the equivalent to shouting on the web and is difficult to read
- No 'post-whoring': meaningless replies do NOT contribute to the topic of discussion, higher post counts don’t make one member “better” than another, and high post count competitions tend to annoy the community and staff. Such posts are subject to removal and sanctions
- Do not post consecutive replies: Use edit to amend an existing post or the "multi-quote" feature to respond to more than one post at once
- If you must quote a post in a reply, please remove photos from that quote - don't make us scroll through the same photos over and over again
- ONLY post 'For Sale' or 'Wanted' ads in the Buy/Sell Forum
- Do NOT solicit our members to join your forum, or any forums outside of our network. Do NOT use this forum to promote your own, or other forums/websites outside of our network. Offenders subject to suspension or ban at our discretion and w/o warning
- Do not infringe copyrights, post links to downloads, or offers for pirated copyrighted materials i.e. service manuals, copied/hacked navigation software, brand logo rip-offs, etc. Do not post requesting information where to obtain pirated software. This extends to posting of copyrighted articles as well. Under 'Fair Use' provisions you can legally post a small abstract of an article and include a link, or simply post the link. The exception to this rule is press releases, which are intended for distribution
Be respectful of others: Personal attacks and insults will not be tolerated. If you don't agree with a post, focus your argument on that post, NOT the person who posted it There is a common bond that brought each of us to this forum but, there is much diversity in age, race, gender, language, and location among our members, which will contribute to differing opinions. All opinions are welcome; disagreements and debates between members are expected on any forum, but we must insist that each member show respect when stating their opinion and respect other members' rights to their own opinions in return.
Report posts: Staff cannot possibly read all threads/posts, so we appreciate and rely on our members to help us keep the forum free of problem posts for you. Please REPORT spam, non-supporting vendor violations, insults & personal attacks, trolling, etc.. Please do not respond in a way that will create a greater problem. You may send a PM (with a link to the problem post please)
to an Administrator or Moderator... or... click the REPORT POST
icon attached to each post. This will send an immediate email alert to ALL forum staff, including a direct link to that post
Do not make hateful, racist, or discriminatory comments: Posts that insult an individual or group based on gender, race/ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability/handicap, politics or religion are strictly prohibited. Expressions of intolerance or hatred will earn a warning/infraction/ban, as will stalking, harassment or threats
Do not 'hijack' threads: The subject of a thread is determined by the original poster. Interrupting that discussion is rude and makes it difficult to find posts that are pertinent to the thread topic. Hijack posts may be removed
Do not post offensive or shocking content w/o warning: You MUST
Begin the title of any thread that is N
afe with the letters NWS
to serve as a warning to readers AND
all NWS threads must ONLY be posted in Off Topic.NWS material is anything that could be considered inappropriate, indecent, gross, or offensive in mixed company, or could compromise the reader if seen on their computer screen by others.
- If a thread is NOT labeled "NWS" by the original poster, do NOT post NWS material or links within that thread
- ALL"NWS" threads posted outside of the Off-Topic forum will be removed
- The line is thin as to what is acceptable, please use common sense. Any thread/post we deem inappropriate will be deleted w/o notice
- Posts depicting nudity/partial nudity/obscene material/pornography, or links to same, are absolutely forbidden, INCLUDING in threads labeled "NWS"
The Off-Topic forum does not mean 'anything goes': ALL other forum rules still apply! Discussion of religion is NOT permitted due to the volatility of that topic. Such posts/threads are subject to removal and warning/infraction. Politics can be equally volatile and only those discussions that remain respectful will be permitted to continue, however, that permission may be permanently revoked if problems persist.
Please do not insult our readers with offensive language/images: Profanity and explicit, obscene, or vulgar language, graphics or behavior is inappropriate in mixed company. Language filters are in place, but are very limited and foul language not included in the filters should not be construed as acceptable. Circumvention of this policy may subject the poster to warning/infraction/ban at staff discretion
Solicitations: This member base is not a source to be "mined" for any purpose, including sales, contest vote solicitations, fundraisers, raffles, or donations by individuals, groups, or businesses, for profit or non-profit
Do not post URL's that lead to an affiliate program or that in any way earn you something or generate funds for you each time a web site is visited. We consider "earning something" to be: having an affiliate ID, web site, or if you earn money from banner impressions or click-thru's. This includes embedding links for the purpose of click throughs etc in images and videos where the member is unaware of a click through scheme
Misrepresentation will not be tolerated: This includes creation of multiple accounts for purposes of deception or conflict avoidance
Respect the privacy of fellow members: Do NOT post private communications or contact information
Linking to files/programs/software which could harm anyone's computer is prohibited
Each member is allowed ONE
user account. If there is a problem with your user name contact an Administrator by PM. All IP addresses are logged and viewable by Moderators and Administrators
BUY/SELL FORUM RULES:
The Buy/Sell forum is for private party auto-related items only:
NO commercial links
(eBay, Craigslist etc) - NO
Vendor sales - NO
commercial sales (Multiples of a same item and/or repeats of a same ad will be considered commercial)
ADVERTISING / VENDOR RULES: .. *Applies to ALL Members - Please Read*
- Follow ALL rules posted in the Buy/Sell forum sections
- Do not post private party Buy/Sell ads in other forum sections
- Must include asking price (with OBO is acceptable) - No speculation ‘feeler’ threads or bid invitations
- Buy/Sell is a forum for conducting business, NOT a discussion/opinion forum. Reply in ads ONLY if you have a lead on a wanted item, or are interested in the item for sale. All other posts are subject to removal
- Let the Seller answer all questions in their thread
- NO price-police - Seller can ask any price - Buyers can refuse w/o comment or can comment via PM. Thread-crapping posts are subject to removal
- Please make a final post in your thread when your item is bought or sold to prevent unnecessary inconvenience for all parties
- Negotiate via PM, not in the thread
- Members do business at your own risk... Buyer Beware
To learn more about becoming a Supporting Vendor, please send your info by email to email@example.com
, including which website(s) you’re interested in sponsoring.
ALL VENDORS: Please restrict SALES RELATED & GROUP BUY THREADS to your specific vendor forums and/or the Vendor Deal Zone forum. For those vendors who do not have their own vendor forum, please utilize the Vendor Deal Zone forum exclusively for sales threads.
1. Offers for products and/or services of any kind are considered advertising. Such advertising is NOT permitted unless you have an official Supporting Vendor title:
Our Supporting Vendors pay a fee to support this forum; in return they are entitled to the exclusive privilege of promoting their goods and services to our membership and we expect all members to respect that exclusivity.
To avoid problems, please observe the following guidelines:
- Do not post links to sales-related posts/threads on outside forums/sites
- Do not promote goods or services purchased from a fellow member who is not a Supporting Vendor
- Do not solicit orders, Group Buys, referrals, or business of any kind for, or on behalf of, a non-supporting vendor
- Do not list business contact info in posts / avatars / signatures unless you have an official Supporting Vendor title
- If you have done business with a member that is being discussed on the forum, and you are NOT a Supporting Vendor, do NOT participate in those discussion threads
- Do not post, answer questions about, defend, promote, or advertise side line or hobby products and/or services you provide for a fee – This includes solicitations such as “PM me for more info”
- Do not post, answer questions about, defend, promote, or advertise your company’s services, products, projects, or related events in any threads discussing your company, its products and services
- If you are a non supporting vendor or are associated with the vendor as a vendor representative, you are NOT permitted to participate in any discussion threads about your company, its products, services and projects your company offers
Business signatures are ONLY
permitted by Supporting Vendors - violations will be removed w/o notice [*]Do not solicit orders/business for a non-supporting or outside vendor
3. Members MAY discuss products offered by a Non-Supporting Vendor
as a general info post only. If, in our judgment, it appears as though you are advertising on behalf of a N/S vendor, your post/thread may be edited or deleted and subject to warning/infraction:
a) A member MAY post "I found a great deal/product/service/price from Acme Auto" including details -That is sharing general info based on your personal experience
b) That member may NOT add to the post"Acme Auto said forum members get a special deal" -OR- "call Joe at 123-4567 or check out his website and say I sent you" -That is promoting/advertising on behalf of the N/S vendor and/or the N/S vendor using you to promote/advertise on their behalf
c) Members may NOT promote goods and/or services they have purchased from a fellow member who is not a Supporting Vendor by specifically naming that member or referring other members to him/her. This will also be considered promoting/advertising on behalf of the N/S vendor and/or the N/S vendor using you to promote/advertise on their behalf
d) If a member makes multiple posts/threads about a same NSV it will appear he/she is associated with, or advertising for, that vendor and he/she will be warned. The line is thin and we will use our judgment as to when that line is being crossed4.
Members may NOT
post links to sales-related ads/threads/posts on outside Forums and may NOT
post copies of those ads/posts/threads to this Forum. Those posts will be removed and subject to warning/infraction
5. Supporting Vendor Group Buys are permitted
but can ONLY
be posted by an official Supporting Vendor
. Members may not initiate, post, or manage Group Buys, nor post threads to generate interest in a GB. All business must be conducted by the Supporting Vendor
6. Non-Supporting Vendor Group Buys
, promotions, and special offers are NOT permitted
to be posted, or linked to, by any member and will be removed
All of these guidelines are in place to ensure that everyone will feel comfortable participating in our community. We want all of our members to enjoy their time here, but those who cannot abide by these policies are asked to find a venue that suits them better, rather than create problems for our members and staff.
Disclaimer: The content of posts and/or threads is the sole responsibility of the user who posted them and all users are responsible for their own actions. Sellers on this site are in no way related to, or affiliated with, the forum or its agents. This site does not endorse, warrant, or guarantee products, services, or transactions between users, or between users and Supporting Vendors