A Rant - Chrysler 300C Forum: 300C & SRT8 Forums
Interested in the Dodge Challenger? Be sure to check out the Dodge Challenger Forum for your Dodge Challenger information!
» Featured Product
» Buyers Guide

» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Chrysler 300C Forum: 300C & SRT8 Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
Register Home Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans

Off-Topic Discussion For topics not related to the Chrysler 300 - All forum rules apply.

300cForums.com is the premier Chrysler 300c Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2012, 04:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Points: 52,539, Level: 1 Points: 52,539, Level: 1 Points: 52,539, Level: 1
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Car: 2006 Chrysler SRT8
Member Number: 11602
Thanked 1,744 Times in 1,573 Posts
A Rant

I need to vent for a moment. Pardon the bad words...

This is a situation that absolutely pisses me off to the core. It is unforgivable, it is disgusting, it is theft, and it should be punishable by beheading. (I don’t mean that figuratively – I mean it literally).

I just got a call from a single mom. Her name is Anne and she has three kids. She is struggling to make ends meet. She is living in a rental house and doing her best to scrape together the monthly rent payment to her ne’er-do-well Landlord.

Actually, “ne’er-do-well” does not do this guy justice. He is a colossal dirtbag of the first order. His name is Ryan and this is what he has done…

Each month, since July of 2011, Anne has been making her rent payment of $1150/mo. She is always on time and has never fallen behind despite her financial struggles. Last week she received a certified letter informing her that Ryan has not been making his payment. He has simply chosen to let his investment property slip into the murky abyss known as ‘foreclosure’. But here’s the issue – he hasn’t said one word to Anne about it. He just keeps collecting her rent payment each month – pocketing the money – and then turning to the bank to whom he is contractually obligated and giving them a gigantic middle-finger. This guy has pocketed 17 monthly payments - almost $20,000 ($19,550 to be exact) – of a single mother’s hard earned income with absolutely no intention on telling her about the train that is headed for her front door.

Now that the missed payments have tallied up to this insurmountable debt, the bank has no choice but to foreclose on the property and evict this family of four – all with 30 days notice.

Listen – I know there are A LOT of people struggling right now; I get it. We’re all doing the best we can to navigate the choppy waters of this tough economy. That said, think twice before you actions directly affect someone else who is equally challenged in today’s economy. Call it Karma, call it the Golden Rule, call it what you will – what this Ryan guy has done, despite his own personal circumstances, is an unforgivable act and he ought to be ashamed of himself. Off with his head.

End Rant.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2012, 04:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Major Contributing Member
Points: 17,617, Level: 1 Points: 17,617, Level: 1 Points: 17,617, Level: 1
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%

Car: 2007 chrysler 300SRT
Member Number: 37530
Off with both his heads........

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 11-12-2012, 07:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Nix
Points: 4,767, Level: 1 Points: 4,767, Level: 1 Points: 4,767, Level: 1
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Car: 2006 Chrysler 300C
Member Number: 36537
Isn't there some type of recourse that she can take? To me it sounds like technically he is stealing her money, just as you stated in your post. I would think that she could happen to sue him in one manner or another.

Sadly over here in Milwaukee we see this type of thing all the time. Over in the projects and all over in the city in general. There are so many slumlords that shouldn't even have the building in livable conditions and for whatever reason they get away with it all day long and the rent is absolutely unbelievable. It is basically a mortgage payment. But the people who reside in the apartments have no other choice because they don't qualify for a home loan. It is all ass backwards.

Karma indeed my friend. This Ryan loser will ultimately get his. Weather it be in this lifetime or the next, I believe he will get his.

I'm truly sorry to hear that your friend has to deal with such a jerk and just being a single mother and hardships in general.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-13-2012, 09:32 AM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium Member
Points: 22,476, Level: 1 Points: 22,476, Level: 1 Points: 22,476, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Car: 2005 Chrysler 300C
Member Number: 3126
No argument from me on the "Scum-Bag-Ness" of this landlord, but a couple points:

- the bank absolutely DOES "have a choice" in evicting this lady. If the landlord had sold the property, the new owner would no doubt continue renting to her. Why does the bank have to evict her? Don't they want a tenant paying rent in their property?

- the bank is a bigger criminal than this landlord. Landlord took the lady's money and in return she has gotten a place to live; yes, he absolutely misrepresented the facts to the tenant, especially if she had a long term lease. But she really has lost nothing since she did get to live there for one month for each month's rent she paid. If she paid a deposit, that's simple. Just like the bank cannot forclose instantly, neither can they evict her instantly if they are in fact stupid enough to want to evict her. She should simply stop paying rent immediately if they are not going to honor her lease or refund her deposit, and look for a new place to move. Use the unpaid rent money toward a new place.

I say the bank is the biggest crook of all, because They are the only ones with no 'skin' in this game. The money they 'loaned' to the landlord to buy this place never existed in the first place; they 'created' it with a computer entry when the loan was made. The tenant and the landlord (scumbag that he is) have to pay back money they actually earn (or steal from tenants) but the bank never had the money in the first place.

Last edited by kevenj; 11-13-2012 at 02:57 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kevenj For This Useful Post:
4u2nv (11-13-2012), Hemi Man (11-13-2012)
Old 11-13-2012, 11:06 AM   #5 (permalink)
Points: 2,823, Level: 1 Points: 2,823, Level: 1 Points: 2,823, Level: 1
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

Car: 2006 Chrysler 300C
Member Number: 29387
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevenj View Post
No argument from me on the "Scum-Bag-Ness" of this landlord, but a couple points:

- the bank absolutely DOES "have a choice" in evicting this lady. If the landlord had sold the property, the new owner would no doubt continue renting to her. Why does the bank have to evict her? Don't they want a tenant paying rent in their property?

- the bank is a bigger criminal than this landlord. Landlord took the lady's money and in return she has gotten a place to live; yes, he absolutely misrepresented the facts to the tenant, especially if she had a long term lease. But she really has lost nothing since she did get to love there for one month for each month's rent she paid. If she paid a deposit, that's simple. Just like the bank cannot forclose instantly, neither can they evict her instantly if they are in fact stupid enough to want to evict her. She should simply stop paying rent immediately if they are not going to honor her lease or refund her deposit, and look for a new place to move. Use the unpaid rent money toward a new place.

I say the bank is the biggest crook of all, because They are the only ones with no 'skin' in this game. The money they 'loaned' to the landlord to buy this place never existed in the first place; they 'created' it with a computer entry when the loan was made. The tenant and the landlord (scumbag that he is) have to pay back money they actually earn (or steal from tenants) but the bank never had the money in the first place.
Great post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement