Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Pay It Forward - Free Parts

19K views 40 replies 24 participants last post by  kcarlos2000 
#1 · (Edited)
Pay it forward: Was thinking about giving back to our community whenever possible. Sometimes something small that is no longer of use to someone, can be very useful to someone else, and profit need not have anything to do with it.

Rules:

A person posts up a part/parts they have lying around they have no use for, preferably 300 related, or general Chrysler/Dodge related.

Anyone can "claim" that item, but the claimer must pay shipping if the giver so desires.

The catch though (nothing is free you know) in order to claim an item, you must post up an item you will part with. You can only claim one part, per part you post up.

Gentlemen conduct is asked. Don't post up some garbage, then claim a nice part.

Try to keep the chitchat down, but asking if anyone has a part avail is OK too.

You CAN post a part now, in hopes of claiming one later as well...... especially to help get the thread started ::biggrin::

This thread is for people who have stuff that is useless to them. More than likely they cant sell it for any reasonable price so it is pointless to try, but SOMEONE might want/need it.

This is NOT a classifieds thread, and any attempts at such is subject to be deleted.

Since members here are from all different countries around the world, I recommend terminating your post with the country it's coming from. It may make a difference in someone wanting a part if having to ship it around the world gets pricey.

I'll start it off.
When I got my '06 it had this grille on it. Seems to be in near perfect shape, I just don't like the chrome grilles. I think it's "stock" for the car. No emblem, all tabs are there and snapped a shot of the sticker on the back. I removed it after a little drizzle out so what you may be seeing on the chrome is just water spots. They wipe right off (including the bug).

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Love this idea... BTW... Still hunting on your sensors, got to be in my storage unit somewhere!

Bump for a great thread...

#4 ·
I have done this several times myself. For example I just sent my old Air Hammer CAI and filter to a guy in Virginia. Good on ya!

Reactions: Sparta3OO
#5 · (Edited)
Bump!

Here's another up for grabs (I think this should be in used parts for sale forum) that I won't need, I hope.

Oil pressure sensor (AKA sending unit, switch) for the 5.7 Hemi. This one was specifically ordered for my '06 but I know that it'll fit other years. I ordered it from Amazon (link to order page: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0049EDAZ0?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00) but I had time to do the work before it was to arrive so I went to dealer and got another.

Visibly it is identical to the one I installed and it's not marred up like the Amazon pic. I have not removed it from the packaging, but can if you need to for better pics. Bench pic is of the installed unit.

I replaced it last weekend after a code P5020 showed up and pressure was showing up almost twice as high as normal. New sensor fixed issue.

Attachments

#7 ·
I was looking at seeing how this would go before moving it but as you have bought it up I decided to go ahead and also made it a sticky at the moment anyway.
There are strict rules in the Buy/Sell/Trade area so it will be monitored closely.

Reactions: Jim777
#9 ·
I got a request for any of you out there. I need the little black button on the driver seat to move the seat back and forth. Wondering if anyone has a broken seat module laying around and can pull the button off it. I really dont want to replace the whole module since mine works still.

#11 ·
Yeah, still young thread.
This forum has a really high rate of new members. My guess is, they are like I was, looking for specific info. Hopefully they will stay and then start going through the 2.7 million informative threads. I'm still waiting for someone who needs a replacement grill ;-)

#13 ·
Hey Jim, great idea; made me look for unused stuff in my garage.
If anyone can use it - I have a almost new Cold Air Intake.

Auto part
Auto part Air intake part

#14 ·
Hey Jim, great idea; made me look for unused stuff in my garage.
If anyone can use it - I have a almost new Cold Air Intake.

View attachment 129385 View attachment 129377

i will take it

in return ill offer up my stock unit with a new filter and ill be digging around to find more parts to offer (i just got my car so its kinda hard but ill find something)

#15 ·
Item gone - taken by the gentleman from Texas.

Reactions: jwomack0328
#17 · (Edited)
Just came over from the LxForums, suppose this is as good as any for a first post! I've got a set of 3 Goodyear Assurance's that are around 8/32 tread left for local pick up. That being said, local pickup is out in the boonies south of Rochester, NY. I've also got a set of center caps for the 18' chrome clads and their corresponding lugs.

#19 ·
I have a set of OEM 5.7 header's / OEM grille ? OEM Headlights , Tail lights , Factory breather box ect . Extra Accelerator Pedal sensor in box ..
gotta run right now ill post pics later . everyone should know what OEM parts look like if need pics I'll post later . Looking for a set of SRT Wheels eventually I have a set of rims that are off car in pics looking for ones that are on car in pics

Attachments

#21 ·
Nah... Boat anchors... ?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

#23 ·
I live in Philadelphia Pa, 19135 . Are you from around the area ? When I bought our 300C's I got package deal & some spare pare parts the car the guy gave me 2 extra sets of OEM lights. Tail lights are in great shape hate to just watch them just get beat up by keep moving them . If not local I have to figure out something for shipping , I'll need Name , Address ect. Just pay shipping & I'll ship as cheap as possible . They are yours if you want them ..

Attachments

#29 ·
2013 300C. I wonder if I can get some advice. Recently a chain from a tractor trailer took out my passenger headlight. but only the lens and part of the reflector were affected. All the guts escaped unscathed and has been working fine since then but its time to replace it. The headlights are the adaptive bi-Xenon lights that turn with the wheels. I have not been able to find a complete set up and Mopar wants $1000 + for a new one. is there a way to remove the guts from my headlight and put it into a halogen housing?
thanks in advance.

#30 ·
300c wood door pulls

I've got 2 wood door pulls from my 2006 300C. The wood is faded and has cracks under the surface but is otherwise smooth so could be used as is or as part of a project, wrap etc. Just pay for shipping and they are yours. Am located in Central NJ.

#39 ·
"...and a fresh doughnut install "

Can't help with a oem rim, but a seller on that popular auction site has steel wheels at a reasonable price. He excludes Alaska from his free shipping offer, but it's worth an ask to see how much. I just looked and a rwd rim was $99... didn't look for awd, but I know he had them some months ago. I bought my winter rims from him and they're good. Not so good looking...lol, but they'd let that doughnut go back in the trunk where it belongs and give you a safe ride till an oem rim can be had. Good Luck, and congrats for knocking one off the bucket list

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.