Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

What have you blown away??

622K views 3K replies 535 participants last post by  magnuman 
#1 ·
Just smoke one of those supercharged Ford Pick-ups the other day. Not even close. It was the Harley Davidson version with the blown 5.3L V8 (340HP).

I'm dying to smoke some yuppy punk in a BMW as I chomp on my Cohiba.

BTW, has anyone measured thier 0 - 60 time? The reviews are all over the place ranging from 5.3 seconds all the way up to 6.1 seconds. I have no idea what the "norm" is among production cars.

#4 ·
BMWhat? said:
Just smoke one of those supercharged Ford Pick-ups the other day. Not even close. It was the Harley Davidson version with the blown 5.3L V8 (340HP).

I'm dying to smoke some yuppy punk in a BMW as I chomp on my Cohiba.

BTW, has anyone measured thier 0 - 60 time? The reviews are all over the place ranging from 5.3 seconds all the way up to 6.1 seconds. I have no idea what the "norm" is among production cars.

I just sold my 03 HD F150 and I would think that it would be pretty close. Dont get me wrong, Im glad and happy for you :D

They are two different kinds of fast; the HD puts you back in your seat more but the 300c is a very smooth fast.

Congrats!

#5 ·
We have both the 300C an the HD and ........

I can tell you that the 300C will not "blow away" the HD.

In fact I have been driving the car for a week and just got in the truck this evening. The butt dyno tells me that the truck has more power.

I'll have a full on test between the truck and the car soon.

For the record the truck really moves out. The HD trucks contain an F150 lightning drive train. The only difference being the HD uses a different blower pulley that gives it 2lbs less boost. Most HD owners replace the pulley to give it the lightning level of boost or higher. With bolt on mods, like a chip and pulley and exhaust upgrade, an HD can really move.. Here is an example.
HD 1/4 mile vid Dynoed at 442rwhp/618rwtq best of 12.73 @ 105.39 in the 1/4

More HD times and power levels

That's not to say that the 300C is slow, not at all. It's great to own 2 vehicles that haul ass! Also no matter how many HD badges and leather and power the truck has it's still a TRUCK.

#7 · (Edited)
1. What you guys lawyers? I never said I "blew away" anything. I said I "smoked" the truck. Okay, no actual smoke was involved. I simply beat him, not by an overwhelming amount but confidently so.

2. My definition of smoked: Truck took off first. I jumped on it immediately after I realized the F150 wanted to race, I caught up and easily kept pulling away until I hit about 70 - 80mph. I was about 1/2 to 3/4 car length ahead of him. I could hear the whine of the F150's supercharger screaming as I chuckled to myself. At no time did I feel the F150 was gaining on me. This was a simple drag race with both simply "stood on it"

3. Spec's for 2003 HD F150, 0 - 60 is 6.5 (in Motor Trend or Road&Track), the 300c has been tested in 0 - 60 as fast as 5.3 sec in Motor Trend. The math supports my point, check for yourselves. Even if my car (as a "producton version") is in the 6 second 0 - 60 range, that's still 1/2 second faster than the F150 to 60mph and I can attest that above that speed I was still moving out.

4. I was there and I ain't jiving. I checked out that F150 forum... the stock numbers ain't all that on the F150. 14.85s in the 1/4mile for a stock 2003 (which is what I ran against), I've seen reviews with the 300c in the low 14's maybe even high 13's.

5. I'm not as smart as everyone else, will someone please explain the definition of "blown away."

Disclaimer
This post is for entertainment purposes only. Any interpretation is set hereforth as solely the responsibility of the "reader" and shall have no binding juristiction imposed or implied against the "postee." The postee reserves the legal right to roll his own cigarettes as allowed by California law under Magnusson-Morrison act of 1987. Said "cigarettes" may or may not contain a illegal subsances. This has been a public announcement. In the event of a real emergency, run like hell.

#972 ·
i Agree!!!

1. What you guys lawyers? I never said I "blew away" anything. I said I "smoked" the truck. Okay, no actual smoke was involved. I simply beat him, not by an overwhelming amount but confidently so.

2. My definition of smoked: Truck took off first. I jumped on it immediately after I realized the F150 wanted to race, I caught up and easily kept pulling away until I hit about 70 - 80mph. I was about 1/2 to 3/4 car length ahead of him. I could hear the whine of the F150's supercharger screaming as I chuckled to myself. At no time did I feel the F150 was gaining on me. This was a simple drag race with both simply "stood on it"

3. Spec's for 2003 HD F150, 0 - 60 is 6.5 (in Motor Trend or Road&Track), the 300c has been tested in 0 - 60 as fast as 5.3 sec in Motor Trend. The math supports my point, check for yourselves. Even if my car (as a "producton version") is in the 6 second 0 - 60 range, that's still 1/2 second faster than the F150 to 60mph and I can attest that above that speed I was still moving out.

4. I was there and I ain't jiving. I checked out that F150 forum... the stock numbers ain't all that on the F150. 14.85s in the 1/4mile for a stock 2003 (which is what I ran against), I've seen reviews with the 300c in the low 14's maybe even high 13's.

5. I'm not as smart as everyone else, will someone please explain the definition of "blown away."

Disclaimer
This post is for entertainment purposes only. Any interpretation is set hereforth as solely the responsibility of the "reader" and shall have no binding juristiction imposed or implied against the "postee." The postee reserves the legal right to roll his own cigarettes as allowed by California law under Magnusson-Morrison act of 1987. Said "cigarettes" may or may not contain a illegal subsances. This has been a public announcement. In the event of a real emergency, run like hell.

'bloody well said my friend'

#8 ·
BMWhat? good kill. People always try and test the new cars out of the production line especially when it says hemi on the door. I passed 500 miles yesterday and then I strapped on the Gtech pro and let it rip on an undisclosed patch of land to test 0-60 and 1/4. From my average times I think that car and driver was right on with its 5.3 60 and 13.9 1/4. I got a 5.34 60 and 13.93 1/4. I expect that with more driving those numbers will come down a little bit.

And for those who care. As I was coming home on the highway I had a little run in with an smg bmw m3 and from a 60 mph go I got him by just a bit to over 100. This car is amazing from a dead stop but once it gets moving and you hit the throttle it takes off like a bat outta he$$

#9 ·
"Just smoke one of those supercharged Ford Pick-ups the other day. Not even close."
Is this not your definition of blown away?

100% stock v.s. stock would give the edge to the 300C.

My point was most HD's are not stock and they are very simple to modify.

#10 ·
BMWhat? said:

Disclaimer

I never said you were lying and I even said Congrats. I was simply stating that I just had one and I didnt "think" the 300c would blow away the HD f150, in response to you saying "it wasnt even close". I guess you should read your disclaimer too...

"Any interpretation is set hereforth as soley the responsibility of the 'reader' and shall have no binding juristiction imposed or implied against the 'postee'."

I apologize if I took "it wasnt even close" out of context. That was my fault for assuming that you meant what you typed. :confused:

#12 ·
lexball50 said:
To hell with that truck. Its not to many cars that can keep up with me on these streets. So far ever car or truck or van or bus or anything with four wheels, I have left. The only thing that always blow past me are bikes. Go head BMWHAT.

Maybe you just have a higher threshold of "willing to risk it all for stop light glory".

#13 ·
I do not doubt those blown Fords are very easy to tweak. After all, Ford is using the similar configuration in thier Ford GT supercar. I don't think I would have been so lucky if the truck where a SVT Lightning with an additional 40HP. After driving a 97 Q45 which get's easily beat by a C320, it feel good to actually win a stop light race!

I implied "not even close" because, like I said the truck took off first. Had I properly launched my vehicle I would have beat him by an even greater margin. Based on this situation, yes I feel I the result could be classified as a theoretical "not even close." and maybe even approach "blown away."

Please don't take my enthusiasm too seriously. I'm simply happy to have a fast car that's not beatable by the majority of cars out there.

Quote of the day:
"I shouldn't have thrown away my crack pipe."

#14 ·
Many, many years ago I made a faily decent second income street racing and I NEVER "blew anybody away". Somehow I would only win by a fender or so :). The local speed shop loved me; the kids with their new GTOs would run right down for a new cam, headers, carb, or ignition, etc. So they could come looking for me the next weekend to get their money + back; I still could only beat them by a fender or so.

#15 ·
The intent of the question I asked when I asked the proverbial question "what have you blown away" was to learn what other vehicles the esteemed owners of the 300C have drag raced against and beat. I asked this question so that I would have a reference for my own edification.

I did not realize that we'd be splitting hairs over definitions but rather build a compendium of vehicles that I would consider "easy prey."

Now if anyone would like to discuss the interpretation of the term "easy prey" in the vernacular related to drag racing may I suggest starting a new thread under the heading "Drag racing definitions."

#1,377 ·
The intent of the question I asked when I asked the proverbial question "what have you blown away" was to learn what other vehicles the esteemed owners of the 300C have drag raced against and beat. I asked this question so that I would have a reference for my own edification.

I did not realize that we'd be splitting hairs over definitions but rather build a compendium of vehicles that I would consider "easy prey."

Now if anyone would like to discuss the interpretation of the term "easy prey" in the vernacular related to drag racing may I suggest starting a new thread under the heading "Drag racing definitions."
Hey, BMWhat, I am right there with you. When I posted my first post about beating a (possibly) older Z06 I got so much flack for that it was ridiculous. I'm sure you saw some of the posts. Anyway, I didn't know that I was going to get so much negative response. Thanks for letting me post a reply to your question. Some of these guys are so anal, all I know is that the Z06 (which in fact it was a 'Vette, cause I've been around cars and working on them for over 25 years) got the jump on me at the light (only cause I didn't know he wanted to race because I was talking to my wife on the phone) and I caught up to him and passed him. I don't know which of the members on this forum was allowed to decide on the definition of "smoked" or "blown away", but if I beat someone, they got smoked/blown away. Thanks again.

I own a 2007 300C SRT8, K&N intake, asthetic mods (tint, chrome, grill, taillights, cat-back coming soon).

#17 ·
Well,
I was attending the National Prowler Owners event in Austin, TX over the past week.
I took my 300C down there. We had a drag race event at San Antonio Raceway.
The best time I got out of the car was a 14.88 @ 92 mph.

The conditions were not perfect however, I had about 8 cases of beer in my trunk as well as a big cooler loaded down with ice, and some other things.

Most cars there should have been running about .5 sec faster on average, so I guess it's not that bad.

#18 ·
BMWhat? said:

Disclaimer
did you disable traction control and go thru gears or leave in drive when dragging HD?

#20 · (Edited)
A lot of cars have reved at me and steped on it on the lights, but I didn't give them the satisfaction. Fuel is expensive, no point wasting it on boy racers. heh heh.

I try not to give into temptation and play it safe. I will be taking the car to a a couple of track events soon, so I should have plenty of stories then.

#1,143 ·
I get a ton of these little punks with there little tuner cars that sound like modified chainsaws. Always want a piece of a HEMI. I don't think they will ever learn!!!!!!! I just get a kick how they spend 3-4K on a body kit on a $300 car!
lol well im not hating i own a 1994 supra with a garret 88 turbo it sounds like a dirtbike lol with 765 rwhp and i own a 2006 300c and my sister owns a 2007 superbee hers is sweet as hell i love that car i love all the cars in my family my mom even drives a bmw 545 it quick for a gurl car lol my dad rest his soul owned a 69 aar hemi cuda dont ask who got it but i will tell you im not selling it lol. so my point is tuner cars,american muscle are all fun if there fast imo maybe its just me put a hemi in a pinto and il love it lol peace

#24 ·
I have lots of respect for properly modded imports, regardless of engine size, or make of car because the ones that are done properly are great machines.

The problem is most of the boy racers these days on the street give that scene bad name with their fast and the furious wannabe cars that are nothing but a lot of ugly attached to some decent cars.

I guess they like the way it looks, so I can't judge that, but why are they reving at a rwd v8 when their only "performace mod" is a trashcan exhaust that sounds like someone took a pick axe to their muffler and a wing larger than a boieng 747?!

#26 ·
BMW 545i, wow that's a good one. I expected that the 545i would be a bit quicker than the 300c. I'll use this knowledge wisely.

Regarding the "imports." I think overall, it's a good thing. The enthusiasm kids are applying to tweaking thier civics is a good thing. Better to spend time working on a car or being in the car "scene" than doing drugs. That being said, I thoroughly enjoy beating the pants off of one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.