Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Can I put 275/45/20 on srt design rims???

18K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  unfknblvbl 
#1 · (Edited)
I need four new tires and somebody has a great deal on 4 275/45/20 tires. Will I have any rubbing issues? And will they fit right on the srt designe rims since they're not as wide as srt8 wheels

#3 ·
So who's got the deal on 275/45/20?? I need some that size. :)

#4 ·
Why a 275/45/20 tire(29.74 OD), I would think a 275/40/20(28.66 OD) would be better. Just wondering why.

#7 ·
It is true that the 40's are closer to stock size than the 45's. For me personally, similar to the OP, I had a great deal in front of me a couple of years ago and couldn't pass it up. And in my case, I am not lowered at all, so the extra half-inch of sidewall actually helps to fill the wheel wells better than the 40's do. I will say that it was a snug fit for me and I shaved down the bolts of the knuckles a bit for peace of mind. If it's a high performance tire that doesn't swell at high speeds, there shouldn't be any concern for it hitting that knuckle bolt. I've gone a bit over 140 (on W rated / 168mph tires) and had no issues. No rubbing and full range of turning as well.

To the OP, my 275/45/20s are mounted on Konig Rolf Blix 1 - I actually don't know the specs of the wheel offhand, so I don't know how the offset and everything else would compare to the SRT Design wheel, nor do I know the differences in the suspensions. If it has an SRT suspension, I do know the knuckles have a much more aggressive angle to them, which should give you even more inside room. But if you have the same suspension as my C and the same offset/width as my wheels, then you are fine as long as you don't exceed the speed rating.

Still want to know where the deal is!?!? :)

#5 ·
Per my wheel and tire site that is NOT recommended.

Please confirm that, but the SRT Design wheels are only 8 inches, right? That means the 275 may bow on you.

#8 · (Edited)
new so bear with me...

i'm at this thread because of the search engine, so if i'm in the wrong spot i apologize.

so i am looking at getting these tires already mounted on rims. pix attached.
dusty a little but will clean up nice and tread looks good.

my problem is i dont know what the offset is.
how do i find out? i dont think width is an issue rite? will it be ok to run identical tires/rims all round or will it be a problem?

i have the '06 300C hemi RWD. i will be driving not racing around, well not yet anyways lol
i think the tires/rims were on a dodge nitro originally.

as far as i can tell the tires are "275/45R20 110v ACHILLES DESERT HAWK UHP"
as for the rims i am unsure at this point, i'm waiting on a reply from the seller.

any and all of your feedback is welcomed and appreciated. thanks in advance.

Attachments

#9 · (Edited)
i'm at this thread because of the search engine, so if i'm in the wrong spot i apologize.

so i am looking at getting these tires already mounted on rims. pix attached.
dusty a little but will clean up nice and tread looks good.

my problem is i dont know what the offset is.
how do i find out? i dont think width is an issue rite? will it be ok to run identical tires/rims all round or will it be a problem?

i have the '06 300C hemi RWD. i will be driving not racing around, well not yet anyways lol
i think the tires/rims were on a dodge nitro originally.

as far as i can tell the tires are "275/45R20 110v ACHILLES DESERT HAWK UHP"
as for the rims i am unsure at this point, i'm waiting on a reply from the seller.

any and all of your feedback is welcomed and appreciated. thanks in advance.
You need to find out what the offset and bolt pattern is. The offset is marked on the backside of the rim most likeley by one of the spokes. Also the bolt pattern needs to be 5x115. Also whats the width of the rims?

#11 ·
Owner believes they r 20x9's but is unable to check as he is away working till Friday, I am to but want to have all pertinent info before I go see him. My specs call for a medium offset (15-22) that sound about rite? Looking at the pix, looks like a bit of tire goes beyond the edge of the rim, does that look like the rim may be to narrow? Perhaps 8 or 8.5? UclaMac does that look like your recent purchase? R u able to post a pic of the rim sidewall profile here for me? Thanks to TC300C and UclaMac for your replies! :)

#13 ·
Looks good! :)
Height wise that'll b very close to what these will look like on mine.
No spacers or rubbing is also good to hear.
As long as the offset is I'm the rite range, I'm gonna grab 'em, cuz at under $1200 bucks I know it's a good deal!
So pending the offset info when I see them on Friday, I will post pix and confirm no spacers r needed and rubbing will not b a problem for me either. Thanks again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.