Dash warning lights wont go out. - Chrysler 300C Forum: 300C & SRT8 Forums
Interested in the Dodge Challenger? Be sure to check out the Dodge Challenger Forum for your Dodge Challenger information!
» Featured Product
» Buyers Guide

» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Chrysler 300C Forum: 300C & SRT8 Forums > Troubleshooting Forums > Problems / Dealer Service
Register Home Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans

Problems / Dealer Service Having a problem with your vehicle? Were you treated fairly or poorly at a dealer? Warranty issues? Let us know.

300cForums.com is the premier Chrysler 300c Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2007, 02:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Points: 4,002, Level: 1 Points: 4,002, Level: 1 Points: 4,002, Level: 1
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Car: 2007 Chrysler 300 Limited
Member Number: 10697
Dash warning lights wont go out.

I have a new 2007 300 limited with less than 600 miles on it. Today I go to get in the car and find out nothing works. Battery died on me. I jumped the car off and all seem well except the "ABS light, ESP light, the traction control light and B something warning light are on".

These dash warning lights won't go off. I disconnectd the battery hoping that it would reset everything. No luck. I went by the dealer and talked to the service guy and was told to just drive it around some and they will go off.
Well i have been driving for hours and they are still on. I am really starting to get pissed.

I'm still not sure what killed the battery, maybe I left a door open or something. All was ok until the battery died, now I have dash warning lights lit all over the place.

Anyone seen this issue before ? If so what was the correction?

Thanks in advance.

My Mod Wish List
[ ] Chrome Startech Mesh Grille
[ ] U-2 35's
[ ] US Speed Rear Spoiler
[x ] Tint Windows
[ ] US Speed Chrome Front bumper cap
[ ] US Speed Chrome Rear bumper cap
[ ] Tinted tails with LED's
[x] My beloved wife has given me permission to do all of this !

Everyone is born a Cowboys fan...Only the smart ones stay that way!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2007, 08:06 AM   #2 (permalink)
Major Contributing Member
Points: 22,414, Level: 1 Points: 22,414, Level: 1 Points: 22,414, Level: 1

Car: 2006 Chrysler 300C
Member Number: 3102
Hmmm

Try pushng in the stalk on the instrument cluster that resets your odometer with the key off, then turn it to acc without starting the car. It puts the whole instrument cluster through a reset.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-12-2007, 03:21 PM   #3 (permalink)

I will give this a shot.

Thanks for the reply
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-13-2007, 08:25 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanRealtor View Post
Try pushng in the stalk on the instrument cluster that resets your odometer with the key off, then turn it to acc without starting the car. It puts the whole instrument cluster through a reset.

Hope this helps.
Nope, this did not work either. So it's off to the dealer 0830 am friday.
I will post what the dealer finds as being the problem and what was
done to correct it.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium Member
Points: 21,707, Level: 1 Points: 21,707, Level: 1 Points: 21,707, Level: 1
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Car: 2005 Chrysler 300C
Member Number: 3126
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyjackson View Post
Nope, this did not work either. So it's off to the dealer 0830 am friday.
I will post what the dealer finds as being the problem and what was
done to correct it.
Your Steering Angle Sensor needs to be reset. This happened to my sister on a Crossfire she used to have. I copied and pasted this from the LX Service Manual:

Note: If the vehicle is equipped with ESP (Electronic Stability Program) the Steering Angle Sensor must be
calibrated anytime an ABS component or the battery is disconnected. To calibrate the Steering Angle Sensor,
start the engine and center the steering wheel. Turn the steering wheel all the way to the left until it
stops, turn the steering wheel all the way to the right until it stops and bring the steering wheel back to
center.
4. Ensure that the ignition is on, and with the scan tool, erase all Diagnostic Trouble Codes from All modules. Start
the engine and allow it to run for 2 minutes and fully operate the system that was malfunctioning.

The guy at the dealer that told you to drive it around and it will fix itself is a moron. You can do this procedure yourself except for erasing the DTC's since you don't have a scan tool - - but the lights should go out.

Last edited by kevenj; 02-13-2007 at 04:14 PM.
Old 02-16-2007, 11:03 AM   #6 (permalink)

Hello all,

I just got back form the dealer in regards to my ESP/ABS/BAS dash warning lights. It turns out to be "Quote" : A bad PCM Module . Of course I was told that this part is not in stock and has to be ordered from Chrysler and that it will take 8-10 days to arrive.

In most cases the sensor calibration thing would work, however this does not have any effect on my problem when I do it and I was told that the PCM Module is the reason why.

Now, the question is "Why" did a PCM Module go out on a car with less than 700 miles (681 miles to be exact) on it? He had no answer and I was told that this is the first car that he has seen with this problem.

Why did my battery die for no apparent reason? The answer was the PCM module drained the battery. I said ok if that the case and the PCM module is the cause and this bad PCM module is still in the car, then why is the battery not dead now?

The answer was "maybe you left the door open". I said nope, that is the first thing I checked when I hit the open door on my key when it didn't work. I looked for an open door and trunk, there was nothing open.

Not sure about that answer either, seems he was just fishing for an answer from me so he can say "Thats the reason why". Anyway I will let you guys know when the PCM module arrives and what happens when the dealer puts it in. I guess once the PCM module is installed , we will find out what killed the battery and possiblythe PCM module as well.

Thanks to all who tried to help .
Old 02-20-2007, 05:55 PM   #7 (permalink)

Today I got a call from "DARCARS" in reference to my service appointment to correct the ABA/BAS/ESP light problem. They wanted to know if I was happy with the service and the repair ...

I said what repair? My car has not been repaired and I was told that the PCM module was the problem and that chrysler had to be contacted to order the new module and that has not happen yet.

I also told the lady how disappointed I was to have a brand new car with little over 700 miles on it with dash warning lights lit all over the place. Simply put, it’s down right embarrassing.

She asked could she call me back in a few minutes, because she was going to contact the dealer. I said sure.After a short time period, my dealer service manager called me back and told me to bring the car back to them in the morning for the repair and the dealer will give me a loaner to use during the repair if required. The lady from DARCARS then called back and asked me to call her back and let her know what the service department did. She even sounded upset about my situation. Wow!! Maybe I will get these irritating ABS/ESP/BAS lights turned off after all.

I will let you guys know after tomorrow what the fix was or if it got done..
Old 02-21-2007, 03:33 PM   #8 (permalink)

I got my car back from the dealer. The problem was found to be:

The ABS controller module was not communicating on the bus circuit.
Traced and repaired open buss com circuit and flashed PCM.

All is ok now, no annoying ABS/BAS/ESP dash lights and all systems are functional again. I guess it all boils down to a connector somewhere that unplugged itself. I'm still not 100% sure how a dead battery could have triggered all this, but I have a good guess (Since I have a background in electronics it's easy for me to dream this stuff up) :

I think because the connector was partially connected, when I jumped the battery, it may have caused an arch between the two connection points on that circuit in the connector, which may have warmed the contact points enough to create a gap between them. This is just a logical guess. All I know everything is working.

I'm happy again !
Old 02-02-2009, 11:19 PM   #9 (permalink)
Points: 355, Level: 1 Points: 355, Level: 1 Points: 355, Level: 1

Car: 2007 Chrysler 300 Touring
Member Number: 20893
Same thing here, have tried all of the resets and quick fixes.

Now it's time to call the stealership and get something done.

Battery died and I put a trickle charger on the car for a day, same 3 dash lights came on and will not go out. I searched the internet a few times before finding this thread which is the same problem I have. Will post another comment after it hopefully gets fixed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement