Clicking noise while braking low speeds, especially while turning - Chrysler 300C Forum: 300C & SRT8 Forums
Interested in the Dodge Challenger? Be sure to check out the Dodge Challenger Forum for your Dodge Challenger information!
» Featured Product
» Buyers Guide

Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Chrysler 300C Forum: 300C & SRT8 Forums > Troubleshooting Forums > Problems / Dealer Service
Register Home Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans

Problems / Dealer Service Having a problem with your vehicle? Were you treated fairly or poorly at a dealer? Warranty issues? Let us know.

300cForums.com is the premier Chrysler 300c Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2009, 09:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
Points: 2,609, Level: 1 Points: 2,609, Level: 1 Points: 2,609, Level: 1
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Car: 2006 Chrysler 300c
Member Number: 20163
Clicking noise while braking low speeds, especially while turning

I started having this problem several months ago. I had my rack end pinion replaced already , which costs an arm here in my country (Philippines) ouch.

Here is what is happening. I hear a streak of clicking sound when braking at low speed to stop, especially while turning. I can hear it coming from driver side front wheel part. I remember before this started happening, I was on my way down a flyover , then there was a pothole and I braked hard, the brake pedal had a rough feeling suddenly and I felt like as if the pedal pushed my foot back up. After that, I started getting those annoying clicking noise when braking while turning, or even when braking only.

My brake pedal started to have a different feel to it. It's normal when braking at higher speeds or even at low speeds, but when it's about to put the car to a full stop, the brake pedal goes like an inch or 2 deeper with lower pressure feel.

It's weird though, that when I am backing up, even if I am slowly backing up or a bit fast , and even if I am turning while backing up, there is no clicking noise and brake feel is normal and no weird feeling to get the car to a full stop, no brake pedal pressure difference just the good old days when the car had no problem, it's like that.

The clicking noise happens only when moving forward. I am getting crazy over this matter that is why I rarely drive the car now. I am pissed off because the dealership could not do anything about it. All they did was suggest we replace lots of suspension parts which will cost me a lot , believe me, A LOT! Think $4,000. The Rack End Pinion cost me $1,000+ without labor.

The dealership here was not able to fix the noise problem. I didn't complain about the rack end pinion replacement because I actually needed it replaced anyway. I am not happy with the dealership work now because they were not able to pinpoint what the problem is. I had to bring 2 cars just to leave the car there, because its like 100kms away.

HELP PLEASE! By the way. It's a 2005 300c hemi.
'06 Ford Escape XLT V6 [/B]

Last edited by nicendrine; 11-23-2009 at 09:39 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2009, 07:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
Points: 1,368, Level: 1 Points: 1,368, Level: 1 Points: 1,368, Level: 1

Car: 2006 chrysler 300 C
Member Number: 7863
Most properly u have a problem with the brake booster which generates the breaking pressure
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-01-2009, 11:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
Points: 1,368, Level: 1 Points: 1,368, Level: 1 Points: 1,368, Level: 1

Car: 2006 chrysler 300 C
Member Number: 7863
sorry for the typing mistake I meant most probably !!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement