P0325 Knock Sensor 1 Circuit ( Bank 1 ) Code - Chrysler 300C Forum: 300C & SRT8 Forums
Interested in the Dodge Challenger? Be sure to check out the Dodge Challenger Forum for your Dodge Challenger information!
» Featured Product
» Buyers Guide

Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Chrysler 300C Forum: 300C & SRT8 Forums > Troubleshooting Forums > Problems / Dealer Service
Register Home Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans

Problems / Dealer Service Having a problem with your vehicle? Were you treated fairly or poorly at a dealer? Warranty issues? Let us know.

300cForums.com is the premier Chrysler 300c Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2010, 06:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Points: 6,412, Level: 1 Points: 6,412, Level: 1 Points: 6,412, Level: 1
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Car: 2006 Chrysler 300C
Member Number: 23239
Send a message via AIM to Theteese
P0325 Knock Sensor 1 Circuit ( Bank 1 ) Code

Hi Guy's ,

On Thursday i had my headers and Fast flow cats installed and my Engine light came on . I was advised by the exhaust installer to re - enter my 93 CIA
tune and it should clear it. ( Didn't Work )

I was sent my CMR tune from RDP on Friday so i installed that and the Engine light went off and during the 20 min Run in ( Tune Run in ) it never came back and i was so happy

I just got in the car and drove it to the shop to get some milk ( normal driving due to kids in our area ) and the light came back on so i got the predator out to check the diagnostics and it came up with a code error P0325 Knock Sensor 1 Circuit ( Bank 1 ).

As i use the car to get to work ( some 32 miles away ) can anyone help me
and tell me wether or not i should leave the car at home or can i fix this myself.

Cheers
Theteese
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2010, 07:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Premium Member
Points: 24,919, Level: 1 Points: 24,919, Level: 1 Points: 24,919, Level: 1
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

Car: 2007 Chrysler 300C in Steel Blue
Member Number: 16416
P0325-KNOCK SENSOR 1 CIRCUIT
  • When Monitored: This monitor runs above 2000 rpm, under open throttle conditions. The high voltage test runs all the times the engine is running.
  • Set Condition: The High voltage fault will set at 4.8 volts. Two Trip Fault. Three good trips to turn off the MIL.
Possible Causes
(K42) KNOCK SENSOR NO.1 SIGNAL CIRCUIT SHORTED TO BATTERY VOLTAGE
(K42) KNOCK SENSOR NO.1 SIGNAL CIRCUIT OPEN
(K942) KNOCK SENSOR NO.1 RETURN CIRCUIT OPEN
(K42) KNOCK SENSOR NO.1 SIGNAL CIRCUIT SHORTED TO (K942) KNOCK SENSOR NO.1 RETURN CIRCUIT
(K42) KNOCK SENSOR NO.1 SIGNAL CIRCUIT SHORTED TO GROUND
KNOCK SENSOR
PCM

just because the code says knock sensor, does not necessarily mean that the sensor is defective. there are many other possible causes for this DTC to set and they must be all checked before condemning the sensor. fuel will not affect this sensor as it is bolted to the block and does not come into contact with fuel.

from FSM:
Two knock sensors are used; one for each cylinder bank. When the knock sensor detects a knock in one of the cylinders on the corresponding bank, it sends an input signal to the Powertrain Control Module (PCM). In response, the PCM retards ignition timing for all cylinders by a scheduled amount.
Knock sensors contain a piezoelectric material which constantly vibrates and sends an input voltage (signal) to the PCM while the engine operates. As the intensity of the crystal's vibration increases, the knock sensor output voltage also increases.
The voltage signal produced by the knock sensor increases with the amplitude of vibration. The PCM receives the knock sensor voltage signal as an input. If the signal rises above a predetermined level, the PCM will store that value in memory and retard ignition timing to reduce engine knock. If the knock sensor voltage exceeds a preset value, the PCM retards ignition timing for all cylinders. It is not a selective cylinder retard.
The PCM ignores knock sensor input during engine idle conditions. Once the engine speed exceeds a specified value, knock retard is allowed.

You'll be fine. Reset with the predator and see if it comes back. If it does, well, we'll be here

Last edited by LSCto300C; 03-06-2010 at 07:59 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-06-2010, 09:42 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thanx LSC - 300C ,

That was a very thorough explanation of how it all works however ,

I am but a normal person lol. and i am trying to see who i should be speaking to so that i can point the finger.

Remembering that there was nothing wrong with my 46K car prior to the exhaust fitting and then a light appears ( Could the exhaust guy's of hit this sensor ? )

After that i put the RDP tune in the car and whilst it deleted the engine light and then came back on the next day could it be the tune ?

I think i will put the Predator tune back in the car and see if the light comes back on and if so i will run the diagnostics to see what error code i get and then post you back.

I appreciate your help.

Kind Regards
Alan ( Theteese )
Old 03-07-2010, 02:32 AM   #4 (permalink)
Premium Member

I didn't get a quote box for some reason, I got that info from fnkychkn over at lxf. I know you're not the first person to have an unhappy knock sensor after putting on some headers. Clear the code and see if it comes back again, I don't think it's a tuning issue.
Old 03-07-2010, 05:18 AM   #5 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Points: 28,511, Level: 1 Points: 28,511, Level: 1 Points: 28,511, Level: 1
Activity: 18% Activity: 18% Activity: 18%

Car: 06 Deluxe! CSRT8
Member Number: 3650
typical

you may be experiencing "false knock" as the sensor reacts to the increased/different sounds of the header tubing.

Or it could be as simple as a wiring fault.

As you can see, diagnosis is the key here. There is little that can help you here. You'll need a highly competent mechanic to help if you can't just clear it and go.

Steve
06 300C SRT8 all stock
Best ET-12.79 Best trap speed-111 mph. ESP on!
I finally have my software! Happy Diablo owner.

My Favorite "old car"... 73 Super Duty 455 Trans Am - 13.08 @109 mph when brand new! Just try and find one now!
Old 03-07-2010, 11:19 PM   #6 (permalink)

Thanks Guy's ,

I took out the RDP tune and put the Predator 93 back in and took it for a strop on the country road ( my bldy look a copper took me photo but i was only 20km over going around the bend so the fined aint to big lol)

The light never came back on and then i put the RDP tune back in and the light has not re-appeared. ( So i will keep my fingers crossed ).

Sorry for waisting your time as i should of done this before the thread but if
nothing else Cheers for the speedy answers and i'm glad i joined the forum.

Cheers
Alan ( Theteese )
Old 03-07-2010, 11:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
Premium Member

It's ok we'll send you our paypal addy's
jk man we're here to help and be helped. Glad to have you here and welcome to the forums.
Old 03-11-2010, 06:35 AM   #8 (permalink)

Hi Guy's ,

And yes i'm back.

Well i checked the wiring and that's all good and i have cleared the codes with the predator and the light went away and then as it has been doing since i had the headers fitted it has reappeared.

I have been thinking about your comments on FALSE KNOCK and in some ways i'm starting to think maybe this is what it is.

Is there a high temperature bandage available that may have acoustic properties which could deaden the sound as the knock sensor is in the engine and not in the exhaust and the 4 exhaust sensors are not showing up in the problem codes therefore i thought that maybe applying the bandage to the exhaust may just fix it. ( What are your thoughts ).

I went to the chrysler dealer but they just wouldn't entertain the idea of even looking at the car which dissapointed me as i replaced the tune with the stock tune so the car looked pretty standard except for the CIA and headers / fast flow cats.

Cheers Alan ( Theteese )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement