U0101 And Limp Home Omfg - Chrysler 300C Forum: 300C & SRT8 Forums
Interested in the Dodge Challenger? Be sure to check out the Dodge Challenger Forum for your Dodge Challenger information!
» Featured Product
» Buyers Guide

Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Chrysler 300C Forum: 300C & SRT8 Forums > Troubleshooting Forums > Problems / Dealer Service
Register Home Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

Problems / Dealer Service Having a problem with your vehicle? Were you treated fairly or poorly at a dealer? Warranty issues? Let us know.

300cForums.com is the premier Chrysler 300c Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2010, 01:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Points: 316, Level: 1 Points: 316, Level: 1 Points: 316, Level: 1
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Car: 2006 Chrysler 300C-5.7
Member Number: 27229
Angry U0101 And Limp Home Omfg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys

I am not sure whats going on here..

I drove my 300 all day yesterday and this morning.
All was well, until I got in it later this moring with the family to go to breakfast.
The engine light came on and the ESP/BAS was on as well..
I check with with predator and I get a U0101 code... which I believe means there is an error witht he TCM and noting but that ccrappy star tool can diag it,
The car when you drive it is in limp home mode, less than 3k rpm and 35mph or under.. I have reset the stock tune, reinstalled the mod tune, changed the mod tune, plulled the giant fuse #11 in the rear trunk box (giant 12V 25Amp) I dont have a fuse in the front box where there is a slot #11 slot.

Still no help, I still have the same check engine light, ESP/BAS light and limp home.

I did pull the fuse #44 prior to these issues for the sun room, its not the first time i've done this, the sun roof stops working 60% of the time I use it.. and I just reset that fuse, its not burnt or nething, so that fuse is good.

About 2 weeks ago I was in a parking garage and it was hella dark plus my tint and the headlights usually come on, well they tried, the HID balasts kicked on light flickered they went out, and then all of the dash lights kicked on and off like flashed real quick, lights never came on with the auto function, I had to manually do them, but they have worked on AUTO right after that no issues. I also tried to use the tranny reset command in t predator, says operation failed. and when I clear the trouble codes, it come right back immediatly.

What is going on? I had my tranny serviced the last time the predator flashed that code at my dealership they raped my ass for $700, I cnalt afford that again, and thats the only place that can read tranny codes.
What do I do?
Thanks guys
-Louis
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2010, 10:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Points: 316, Level: 1 Points: 316, Level: 1 Points: 316, Level: 1
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Car: 2006 Chrysler 300C-5.7
Member Number: 27229
ok,

I did some research..

It appears that the TCM shares the same fuse as the head unit and amp.

I pulled fuses... 8,11,36,44 from the trunk box.

I waited approx an hour and a half.. I put the fuses back in, I then started the car and the check engine light came on, but the esp/BAS lights were off, I checked it with the predator, and it came back with the same U0101 code. I cleared it and the car got the tiptronic shift, I git 65 and rev'd that bihatch up to 5500K no issues, I drove the car approx 8 miles so far no issues either.

I am gonna fill the tank up with injector cleaner from lucas and re-install the tune of 91oct cai and see how it goes... I'll report later...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement