Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Hood wont stay open!? (Moved)

18K views 30 replies 12 participants last post by  Jamesmost 
#1 ·
Like the title says... the hood on my car wont stay open, when i open it it will stay up for like 30seconds and then it just falls, its gonna take off my head one of these days lol so my question is is there anything i can do to keep it from closing on me or will i just have to buy new hood strut things?
Thanks

#4 ·
but if he gets super cheap ones, arent they just going to give out faster?

i have been using different things to keep mine open lately since mine have officially gone out on me since the hood wont stay open period not even for a few seconds but just cant decide if i should get the cheap ones from autozone or order some mopar ones online...

#8 ·
Looks like im gonna have to buy new ones... seems to be a pretty common problem, they must have been weak coming out of the factory cause these arent old cars, and the guy i bought the car from didnt even know how to open the hood so he must not have been under it too much!?

#27 ·
I know this message has been up a while, but my wife got a new 2010 300C AWD a couple weeks ago and I noticed there was only ONE strut for the hood lift hinge assy on the pass side of the car. There is a place for one on the drivers side though. The dealer said they think in 2010 they only came with one... I am going to look at another on the lot to confirm but can anyone here comment on this?

Thanks!!

#28 ·
I installed the rhino struts and they practally blasted my hood off the hinges.
Then I said I have to remember to hold the hood while opening...
Opened it the second time and same thing....
Returned them, if I can't remember,,,neither will someone else and eventually will damage hood , hinges. And windscreen...,,
What brand and from where works without blasting the hood up.....

#29 ·
I got mine from Autozone. Fit fine, work fine.

#31 ·
Autozone it is .....

#30 ·
ya thse are another things on the list of stuff to do for me...mine are completely dead

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.