Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Borla SRT8 Catback Coming Soon

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  3SRT4ME 
#1 ·
According to Borla, these are the performance gains they expect:

"In our test, at 97.9 mph with stock exhaust, the stock SRT8 achieved a hp rating of 317.55 at the rear wheels on June 20th at 12:19pm with the air temperature at 75.1 degrees. Altitude = sea level

At 97.9 mph with the Borla exhaust, the now Borla equipped SRT8 achieved a hp rating of 342.65 at the rear wheels on June 30th at 1:45pm with the air temperature at 67.5 degrees. Altitude = sea level.

These gains are fairly consistent through the power band from about 60mph to 115mph.

Because our test car was an automatic, we were forced to use ground speed rather than engine speed which is why we are using mph rather than rpm.

So, if I were to generalize (and I prefer to be conservative) I’d say the Borla exhaust will get you about 20 – 25 ponies on your SRT8."

I attempted to send this to "btlfed1500" to get a fair assessment of these numbers as compared to Magnaflow's SRT8 catback but his PM box is full.

Perhaps some of you have thoughts comparing the two quality catback systems?

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.