Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Autopilot V2 or accuair e-level

24K views 129 replies 7 participants last post by  MOPWR 
#1 ·
Can't decide which route to go...any pros and cons between the two?

#4 ·
Airlift V2 here, very happy with installation. Airlift V2 is a pressure based system and installation is much easier.

Whichever system you go for, get twin compressors with aluminium tanks (non steel) and 3/8 lines and install water traps between tank and compressor.

Heres a few from me :)

#7 · (Edited)
I have full Accuair eLevel management..

Install is easiest ever.. I'm not the type of guy you'd want to work on your car.. however if I could figure out how to bag my car with Accuair then anyone could.. way easy.

Plus you don't want your water traps from your compressor to tank. you want you water traps to be from tank to manifold.

compressors should already have filters that give clean air, pushed straight into the tank. Tank will always have some kind of condensation depending on temp and use.. So you'll want your water trap inline from tank to manifold to ENSURE that ABSOLUTELY nothing is going through your lines to your bags.. keeping your manifold clean.

#11 ·
Going with the Airlift ey.. meh.

Accuair for the win! haha nah but really they all do the same idea, air out.

I have just regular bag over strut and just bag in rear, what are the adjustable airlift shocks for the rear? I thought it was just literally a Bag that sits in place of the spring. The strut would remain the same wouldn't it? Unless they have some kind of adjustable one that may allow you to go lower... ?

#15 ·
Its height is adjustable to allow it to drop further beyond when the bags are deflated or you can increase it a little for ground clearance etc. The damper setting helps smooth the ride over bumpy road conditions around town, useful especially when if you ride low, or firm up for track use.

Added a link to here, should be sub link somewhere on their site.

Air Lift Performance | Performance Air Suspension - Air Ride and Air Management Systems

Reactions: MOPWR
#17 ·
I went with accuair elevel. I have UAS bags and then bought some Koni orange shocks since I had the nivomats. If you keep the shocks you have, I think you can just add the bags to them and save yourself some money.

I got my kit for 2650 shipped...then the Konis costed me another 320. If I didn't have the nivomats, I probably wouldn't have needed the Konis.

This is what I got in my kit:

Accuair elevel setup
Bags and brackets
Dual 444 compressors
4 gallon tank
Water Trap
All Fittings
Airline
All Electrical

PM me if you want to know who I got it from.

#20 ·
If you have the money, and want the absolute best of the best. I suggest getting the BCR's with universal air bags.

2 problems that arised with my airlift struts, were the adjustability knob didn't do... well.. anything.. and the 2nd is that when lifting the front, the double bellow bags "popped" (video below.)

The universal bags are single bellow, and should not pop, and you should get the great adjustability from the BCR's.

#28 · (Edited)
I installed mine in the spare tire. Looks cleaner, keeps your trunk actually usable, and if you need a spare, just throw it in your trunk. If you have a friend with an SRT, grab there spare tire "foam" to make a template for your trunk instead of drilling separate holes for compressors, and the tank just mount everything to a piece of MDF and then mount that to the bottom of the trunk. You could probably get away with using the stock "bolt" for the spare tire if you get creative. This again is personal preference. Some people like to display their setups and do them quite creatively.

Run all your air hose and wire inside the car under the carpet. This keeps your hoses safe. And keeps the amount of hose running outside the vehicle to a minimum. You'll need to do some measuring to run the line from the trunk floor to the rear bags (literally maybe 4 inches of this hose will be exposed.). There isn't a lot of room there, but if you measure 5 times and drill once you shouldn't have a problem. While you have to remove your back seat, and a few interior panels for this, in the long run it is worth it.

For the front, run the air hose under the carpet to the front firewall. You'll need to pull the plastic inner liner back and find a spot you want to put the line through. This is a pretty flat surface so its pretty easy.

Make sure you use grommets on any and all holes you cut through the sheet metal. And make sure they are thick buggers to, because grommets can and will cut easily as well. 1 tool I found that helped me a lot with installation.. a step bit! You'll kick yourself for not using one. ex: Unibit Step Drills - Drill Bits - Tools - IRWIN TOOLS

If you want to get really fancy use push to connect bulkhead fittings for the bigger air line holes. ex: https://www.fastenal.com/products/details/68500

I would suggest using Teflon tape over the paste. How to use it properly:

Just remember, the reliability of your air system is only as good as the installation. So take your time and you should never have problems with it down the road.

If you have leaks, soap and water is your friend.

#29 · (Edited)
I went with the kit in the trunk... It doesn't really take up a lot of room.. In fact, I'm still National Guard and I have my system in my trunk up against the back seats, hardlines and hardwood floor.. I still have room to throw duffle bag or Ruck Sack in the back there as well. Plus it looks cool.. I had a spare for a while, till I did the hardwood floors, and then placed a second Kinetik Audio battery in the spare well. But lets face it, running rims? Only time you'd use a spare is if a front tire popped.. I'd rather not run a spare in the rear having different sized wheels for a short trip home.. My old 300, stock suspension, when i had a flat on 22 inch wheels, I had someone bring my two stock wheels so I could run stocks in the Rear to get home haha

My lines are ran outside the car, absolutely no issues so far with almost a year since install. But it's still better to have them inside away from weathering and random debris. Will be more work, but it'll pay off in the end rather than just a quick line under the car being easier.

Yes on the Teflon tape for sure! Stuff is awesome.

Will you need any advise for the eLevel sensors or do you have that handled?

#30 ·
Ok thanks for the replies. I will definitely hit you guys up on the e-level sensors when the time comes. My kit won't arrive like a week or so..so I'm taking the time to figure this out..I might go do the spare tire route since I have AAA and get some tire patch kit or fix-a-flat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.