Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Questions about being bagged on stock struts

12K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  psylent 
#1 · (Edited)
So today I ordered my bags from UAS, I cant wait to get them and get them installed.

After talking to a friend of mine, I started to think about the possibilities of over compressing a stock strut and ruining it... Has anyone ran into any issues like this?

#4 ·
As Flossin' has already stated, the bag replaces the spring and NOT the strut. The front bags will slide over a modified stock strut (with the collar removed) and the rears obviously mount by themselves. Per UAS's instructions, you will need to remove the rear bumpstop from the stock struts.

As for diminishing the life of the struts much faster, yes... considering you're laying out your vehicle fully compressing the struts, you are going to lessen the life of the struts versus the stock setup/slightly lowered setup.

#7 ·
Psylent..... Let Me Know When You Install Your Bags, I Want To Know How Easy It Is To Install And Running Lines. Iam Going To Purchase A Set Uas, But The Problem Is Theres No One Here In Miami
That Does Clean Work. If Its That Easy I Will Take My Time To Do It Myself. Pm Me Some Pics. And See If You Can Do A Before And After
Thanks

#8 ·
Before And After pictures
I will try to take as many pictures as possible. Like I told Zack from UAS, I looked around forever, price shopping and looking for good product. I am a bang for buck guy, but after seeing what UAS had to offer, I said "Screw it" it is bolt in. It has to be easy! Not to mention everyone on this forum that has used their product has nothing to say but great things.

Zack, to you :fing02:

#9 ·
I've had my bags for over a year now and have abused them. I have not run into a single problem yet. UAS did the install, so I can't comment too much on it but I can say it only took them 3 days. Seems to be a pretty simple task if you know your way around a garage even a little bit.

#11 ·
Thats for all the support guys! I was using my stock shocks for about 30k miles before i switched out to the bilstien, then a set of coilover shocks and now the koni prototype for the past 20k. I changed them out to try a few different options and see how it affected the ride, not because i have blown them out.

As long as your not driving with the rear where its bottoming out they shouldnt blow the shocks just by deflating it. The front's don't bottom out because we flip the upper strut mount.

#12 ·
Well it has been 5 months since I bought my setup... I finally got them installed or should say that I installed them myself. It is awesome, I finished the suspension up the day before a car show so I was able to go roll with some guys at a mini truck show. A lot of people liked my ride and they should have, I was sitting as low as most of the mini-trucks. I did not take any pictures during the install, my hands we dirty during most of the installation.:arms:

Install rating...
This is straight forward, it takes some time... the hardest part is cutting the collars off of the strut. :pat: ask my wife she heard me drop the eff bomb while I was guessing what it would cost me to replace the one I cut into. The other two I did were perfect.... LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.